- how long will you stay (resale value)?
- is your budget in the lower X5 range?
- high ground clearance and high point of gravity does not go well with a good driving experience (SUV=ship), you need to determine whether the 'safer' higher seating position is worth giving up the freude am fahren.
- sedans have better rear seats, how tall are you?
- does you heart break when you see (yet another) scratch?
- do you have kids?
- will you take a driver (very important)?
The Beemer has quite a 'hard drive', suspension wise. For the bad road surfaces not ideal. Of course the ground clearance of the X isn't bad. As you mentioned already, it is also a real driver's car and crawling in JKT traffic with a driver doesn't match that.
Having said that, probably the X5 is closest to a sedan in 'feel'. A Q5 would come in close second. And then the Lexus RX/Toyota Harrier with the (European) LandCruiser. Probably a X3 will have the best resale value.
Some bigger sedans that might make sense are the A6, Accord and the Camry.