Thread: Wine

kudagila

Default Wine

Does anyone know of a decent wine shop with reasonable prices please. I used to be able to buy be able to buy a variety here but since the law on alcohol sale arrived it's diffucult.
    I can get it through the Supermarket "back door" for but it's now 500 000 Rp for a bottle of cheap Vin de Table that would go for peanuts elsewhere. Before I could get 3l of decent California/Australian Red etc for less than 300 000 Rp

If not it looks like I'll have to bring it back from Bali next time I go again.

Connoiseur - Cilandak Town Square ( Next to J-Co donut)..variety of wines available. Price from 200k.
    Multitasking Woman!

kudagila

Thank you very much

"Vin de Table" at IDR 500K... buset!
    I don't know what would hurt me the most, drinking a "vin de table" or the abusive price for it?
    This law on alcohol duties is a real pain.
    Torang samua basudara

Kami harus melakukan sesuai dengan persyaratan dan peraturan yang berlaku untuk Indonesia lebih baik.

Please, only moderator related questions (and fun stuff) by PM. Kindly post law related questions to the public forum so that answers can help the whole community.

kudagila

Both would hurt me for sure (my tongue and my pocket)... I have refused point blank to buy it off them. In spite of the recent world news it seems Capitalism or should that be Capitalisation still thrives!

kudagila

I'm afraid it is not just the duty, I would probably cope with that, it is the fact that they are no longer allowed to put it on the supermarket shelves which creates the "black market" price I'm afraid.

Note that you guys are still lucky... Haven't seen a bottle of wine in Manado in any shops for ages! I can just dream about it...
    Torang samua basudara

Kami harus melakukan sesuai dengan persyaratan dan peraturan yang berlaku untuk Indonesia lebih baik.

Please, only moderator related questions (and fun stuff) by PM. Kindly post law related questions to the public forum so that answers can help the whole community.

kudagila

Can you buy Natural Grape Juice (without preservatives) and yeast and a bottle to keep it all in for a while?