Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would like to bring my Dog with me

Default Would like to bring my Dog with me

Hello first of all I am a disabled United States soldier and I got my American Pitbull Terrier when my therapist suggested that a dog might help me recover. I have become VERY attached to her since then.
    I am moving to Bali permanently From Michigan in the United States and I am trying to bring my 1 year old Pitbull with me when I move. However I am getting so much mixed information I am completely lost. I have been told there is a Pitbull ban, and I have been told there isn't one. I have been told there is a pet ban on Bali, and I have been told that I just need to send her to Jakarta first. Groovy pets told me there was a Pitbull ban but when I looked into it myself to see if there was a possible work around I couldn't find anything saying there was a Pitbull ban I actually found that there wasn't one which served only to confuse me more.
    I could really use some facts and possibly a good pet transportation company if you know one.
    Last edited by McMann; 18-03-12 at 21:49.

There is a ban from bringing pets in or out of Bali since 2010. This is due to trying to control the rabies problem that they have.

The following post maybe of interest to you.
    http://balipod.com/business-bali/5570-taking-your-pet-jakarta-bali-4.html

T
    here are plenty of dogs you could adopt in Bali. http://www.bawabali.com/
    Last edited by travellingchez; 19-03-12 at 07:27.
    The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everyone else.

Travellingchez is correct but as with most things in Indonesia anything is possible. Bringing a rabies vaccinated pet into Bali is not going to compound the rabies problem. Read my post on this subject http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...370#post213370

Thank you for the replies. Does anyone know anything about the Pitbull ban? I seriously hate BSL but it is a fact of life right now.

McMann,

I don't know where they got their info, it may legally be true (I don't know), but there are plenty of Pitbulls (usually referred to here as APB) in Bali. There are a few breeders I've met who bring them over from Jogya and Surabaya. It may just be me but I've encountered more Dogo Argentino than APB in Bali.
    A good resource for dogs is the website http://www.anjingkita.com/. It has plenty of info on dogs for sale, breeders, studs, dog clubs and competitions in Indonesia. Another website I noticed recently with dogs for sale including APB in Bali http://anjingdijual.com

I've brought my dog with us when relocating from Cairo to Bali, we used Groovypets to arrange paperworks. It is true that it's not allowed to fly dog to Bali, however you can fly to Jakarta instead (with your dog as cargo) and arranged for the dog to be transported by land. Groovy did all these for us and the dog arrived in Bali after 5days from the date of arrival in Jakarta. As i say in some other post, it is very expensive to do though, arranging the transportation by land alone had cost us Rp. 9.5million. Plus the ticket, paper works & fees. All in all we spent around Rp. 22.5million - which a lot more than our flight had cost!!

p.s if you want more details re: paper works needed just ask, i can dig out my docs and can reply a bit later as i must dash my baby is crying now

Default How did you go with importing your dog to Bali?

Quote Originally Posted by McMann View Post
    Hello first of all I am a disabled United States soldier and I got my American Pitbull Terrier when my therapist suggested that a dog might help me recover. I have become VERY attached to her since then.
    I am moving to Bali permanently From Michigan in the United States and I am trying to bring my 1 year old Pitbull with me when I move. However I am getting so much mixed information I am completely lost. I have been told there is a Pitbull ban, and I have been told there isn't one. I have been told there is a pet ban on Bali, and I have been told that I just need to send her to Jakarta first. Groovy pets told me there was a Pitbull ban but when I looked into it myself to see if there was a possible work around I couldn't find anything saying there was a Pitbull ban I actually found that there wasn't one which served only to confuse me more.
    I could really use some facts and possibly a good pet transportation company if you know one.
    Hello there, we are also planing a relocation to Bali and would really like to hear from someone who has ( recently ) successfully brought their pet dog to Bali. We have a very small terrier who is a rescue dog with a bit of a nervous disposition. We are really worried about a long absence from her, especially as she doesn't eat or drink when frightened.
    have you been successful bringing your dog? We are coming from a non rabies country and are hoping this may be easier for us. We have just started communication with groovy pets in Jakarta and are awaiting a quote from them and some further assurances. We were wondering if anyone can give us a reference for groovy pets?

Hmmm...may I ask if culturally Indo people not fond with Dogs? I was told Dogs are a No no..which why you cant see a stray dogs, or owner bringing their dogs in the public. I want to own one in my kost.
    "The past cannot be changed,
    the future is still in your power."

It's more a religious issue. Many dogs on Bali and Sulawesi (as food too).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast