- new experiences and exposure to culture, food, arts, language.
- making new friends in foreign land
- vicinity to exotic destinations in and around Indonesia: islands, blue seas, ancient sites, majestic volcanoes, diverse wildlife.
- a valuable experience to put in your CV
- you would live almost like a king with chauffer, maids, cooks, etc.
- your wife might love shopping
- coping with hot and humid weather
- coping with densely populated city and all the problems that comes with it like traffic jams, polutions, securities, poor infrastructure etc.
- Wife might not like the stares and attention she would get as a bule on the street, malls etc
- Your health might need time to adjust to local conditions or might not adjust at all
- you'd be tempted to be become an instant amateur sociologist and start analysing poverty, extreme wealth inequality, endemic corruption, poor public service, religion, hedonistic life styles, drugs problems, etc etc