Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sending money to Indonesia

Default Sending money to Indonesia

Hi,

I would like to send some money to my girlfriend. She being in Indonesia, and me in France. My bank asks her Iban and Swift number, but my girlfriend tells me she has no IBAN number. Her bank is BCA in Sukabumi. Do you think it's possible, or she just asked the wrong person?

Thank you in advance if you can help me..

Tristan

suspended member

IBAN? I have never heard of Iban and I have made several transfers between many many banks. Get a translation, the Swift code all banks have she just asked the wrong person.

Perhaps it was meant to be her ROUTING and ACCOUNT numbers ?....never heards about IBAN..
    If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague..

Tristan, your gf was asking a wrong person, my dad send me fr USA and every BCA Bank must have IBAN and switch code, tell your gf to ask the bank manager

Default Iban

IBAN means International Bank Account Number

My girlfriend gave me a SWIFT code and her account number, but my bank is really asking for that IBAN...

I will ask my bank again because this doesn't seem right...

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by astrid View Post
    Tristan, your gf was asking a wrong person, my dad send me fr USA and every BCA Bank must have IBAN and switch code, tell your gf to ask the bank manager

Ok, thanks for the infos, I will ask her to ask somebody else. She alreeady called a few times but maybe she didn't talk to the right person

Quote Originally Posted by tristan View Post
    Hi,

I would like to send some money to my girlfriend. She being in Indonesia, and me in France. My bank asks her Iban and Swift number, but my girlfriend tells me she has no IBAN number. Her bank is BCA in Sukabumi. Do you think it's possible, or she just asked the wrong person?

Thank you in advance if you can help me..

Tristan
    There is some information here:

http://www.joycore.eu/index.php?opti...=72&Itemid=124

suspended member

If that is what the IBAN means then I would assume that the IBAN is sorted via the SWIFT code in to the right bank's account and then downward to the personal account of the person. BUt I have never been asked for an IBAN.

Tristan, je fais régulièrement des virements de France sur nos comptes à la BCA, la BII, ou d'autres banques indonésiennes. Je me sers uniquement du numéro de compte courant et du code SWIFT de la banque, qui s'apparente à l'IBAN que nos banques françaises utilisent. La BCA de ton amie le lui fournira. Tu n'as besoin de rien d'autre.
    Torang samua basudara

Kami harus melakukan sesuai dengan persyaratan dan peraturan yang berlaku untuk Indonesia lebih baik.

Please, only moderator related questions (and fun stuff) by PM. Kindly post law related questions to the public forum so that answers can help the whole community.

Quote Originally Posted by tristan View Post
    IBAN means International Bank Account Number
    My girlfriend gave me a SWIFT code and her account number, but my bank is really asking for that IBAN...
    I will ask my bank again because this doesn't seem right...
    Thanks!
    I already sent from South America to BCA(Bandung-Indonesia) once and more than 10 times to others Indonesian banks , always with the SWIFT code and the NORMAL account number (if did not change , BCA SWIFT is CENAIDJA). I now use Bank Nusantara Parahyangan (BNP) which offer better exchange rates than BCA and no additional fee . Almost 5 years ago BCA used to charge USD5 for each transfer and , if the account is in Indonesian currency (Rp), they immediately exchange the foreign currency to Rp . At BNP , the client has 3 days to allow them to exchange to Rp .
    Last edited by marcus; 12-05-10 at 15:48.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast