Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How many days takes to renew a Kitas ikut suami/istri?

Quote Originally Posted by vanuatu View Post
    I was confused then, I was under the assumption that the new PR status, whatever it may be called, would be different than a KITAP and that even if you had a KITAP you would at some point have to convert to the new card after implementation. I realize that a KITAP is a form of Permanent residency, but thought it would be superseded by the new law and thus a new card with a new name...
    OK I see. No, it's just exactly the same KITAP with the same function and the same name. The only difference is that it won't need to be extended after 5 years (the extension process will be free and will require only a simple report). KITAP issued prior to the new law (such as mine) or after the new law will be the same. For those like me who got it prior to the enactment of the new law, the privildeges become the same.
    However, I wouldn't be surprised that a new PP concerning immigration fees get enacted in the next 6 months. If it does, then there are good chances that price of the KITAP will be raised. Think about it:
    Before the enactment of the new law, the KITAP was IDR 3.000.000 and the renewal was IDR 2.000.000. The new law is giving us potentially the right of work and no fees for the extension... I believe that they will be seriously tempted to raise the price of the KITAP because once you will get it issued you won't be adding much to the budget of the Ministry.

But again, it's up to you. Waiting however won't give you more priviledges. It may be smoother but that's pretty much it.
    Torang samua basudara

Kami harus melakukan sesuai dengan persyaratan dan peraturan yang berlaku untuk Indonesia lebih baik.

Please, only moderator related questions (and fun stuff) by PM. Kindly post law related questions to the public forum so that answers can help the whole community.

Thanks for the info, wish I had clarified my thoughts a few weeks ago. Do you know if there would any issue converting from my newly issued KITAS to KITAP or is there a waiting period?

There is absolutely no waiting period. As long as you qualify (= a KITAS sponsored by your wife + more than two years of marriage) you can do it. You can do it at your pace, little by little. No rush. In a few days I will take the time to open the thread for postings and questions. I need to add a couple of posts about KTP Orang Asing and Kartu Keluarga (both are required for KITAP jolder/permanent resident) and the serie of posts will be complete.
    The main problem will be to show the law and point the relevant articles to the immigration officers who may not be aware yet of how to deal with it. KITAP holder aren't a lot and most of the time it was organized by agent, court circuiting the average immigration officer. Most have no clue about how to handle it. At least, you should be able to explain them a few things.
    Torang samua basudara

Kami harus melakukan sesuai dengan persyaratan dan peraturan yang berlaku untuk Indonesia lebih baik.

Please, only moderator related questions (and fun stuff) by PM. Kindly post law related questions to the public forum so that answers can help the whole community.

Thanks, one last question. If in the near future I open a PMA, I'm assuming I would need to get a working KITAS again as the regulation for PR status people to work hasn't been clarified. If I need to get a working KITAS does it then negate the KITAP? Or is there a way to have a KITAP sponsored by spouse and have a work permit to run a PMA? Waiting in limbo for them to clarify the work portion of the PR status will work for a few months, but then I need to get the company up and going.

Quote Originally Posted by vanuatu View Post
    Thanks, one last question. If in the near future I open a PMA, I'm assuming I would need to get a working KITAS again as the regulation for PR status people to work hasn't been clarified. If I need to get a working KITAS does it then negate the KITAP? Or is there a way to have a KITAP sponsored by spouse and have a work permit to run a PMA? Waiting in limbo for them to clarify the work portion of the PR status will work for a few months, but then I need to get the company up and going.
    Residency permit and work permit are two different things. A KITAP sponsored by your wife wouldn't be a problem to get an IMTA sponsored by a company (CV/PT/PT PMA) or, any other type of "work permit", pursuant to the article 61 of the new law.

Again there is no such "working KITAS". the term is not correct. People have a working permit (called an IMTA - Izin Mempekerjakan Tenaga Asing) provided by the Ministry of Manpower and Transmigration (Depnakertrans) and have a residency permit provided by the Ministry of Justice and Human Right (which Imigrasi is part of) called a KITAS (temporary residency permit) or a KITAP (permanent residency permit). Therefore, if you have a KITAP, you can choose not to work... or work with the relevant permit (IMTA or a new type of working permit which may be implemented for the foreign spouses of WNI as per the new law).

Does it help to remove the confusions ?
    Torang samua basudara

Yes, clears it up, thanks again for your help.

You're welcome.

Apologies to the OP. We went a bit off topic.

Torang samua basudara

Quote Originally Posted by atlantis View Post
    If it is the first or the second extension (meaning KITAS II or KITAS III), it can be done in less than a week. It requires only the authorization of the KanWil prior to the issuance by the KanIm. For KITAS IV, V or VI it would require the authorization of KanWil+DitJenIm and therefore would take a little longer: around three weeks.

Add two more days for the required Izin Masuk Kembali.

Hey hold on... I thought you were an Indonesian married to a foreigner. The "Kitas ikut suami" makes me think that you are a spanish female married to an indonesian male. Am I correct ? It has some importance for the answer of a question you've asked in another thread.

I've replied your PM.
    Sorry to jump in here, Shinta. I actually want to raise the question to Atlantis. This is with regards to kitas sponsored by indonesian spouse. For the first extension, after one year on Kitas, can one already apply for Kitab (yes, we are married for more than 2 years) or do I need to apply for a kitas extension first, then next year change it to Kitab? by the way, we're in Bali. Thanks for your help, Atlantis - I saw your detailed info about Kitas to Kitab, but am still confused. I called the visa office the other day, and they told me that the new law still needs to be implemented (and I am not talking about the work permit, just the Kitab).
    Thanks.

Atlantis, it might be as well if you make it clear for the bretheren among us who have just got Kitas 1 with wife as the sponsor - what is needed to achieve getting kitas 2. you have hinted about beginning the process again at KanIm, as I would expect, and another trip to the Kantor Wilayah and back to KanIm to complete the Kitas 2 and MERPS inside a week or so. are we completing the usual Forms 23 25 26 27 or whatever they are plus the Jaminan and the Sponsor Letter? And do we have to exit Indonesia before the expiry of Kitas 1. I am confused about the latter part because if I thought, as I have the MERPS, I do not need to exit Indonesia to do Kitas 2.

Sorry about to bring back again this topic, but after almost one relaxing year (aduhhhhhhhhhh really nice no to be bother about visas and all these things!!!!) now I have to think about to renew my first year kitas ikut suami. So, the expire day is 14 th of April, when do you think I should start to do all the process? according to the information of Atlantis it will take aprox. only one week isnīt it? is the price the same as when we applied the first year? if I am not wrong it was around 750.000 Rp I think. Donīt ask me why I am not applying for a KITAP, I will do it as soon I come back from Europe (we will go home in June for three months after two years!!!!!!!!!! I am really happy). By the way Mrcibubur, we donīt need to exit Indonesia until the 5 years of the Kitas
    Last edited by Shinta; 07-03-12 at 21:38.
    Overcoming poverty is no a gesture of charity is an act of justice the protection of a fundamental human right to dignity..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast