Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: I think AVG free anti-virus just messed up my whole computer's content

Quote Originally Posted by babygirl View Post
    My flashdisc was infected by school's computer. Then after that I scanned it with my bit defender but bit defender couldn't detect any virus from my flashdisc. I was pretty sure that my school's computer is infected by viruses because there's no antivirus in it.
    Just because a PC doesn't have anti virus installed doesn't mean it's infected and at the same time, just because there's anti virus installed doesn't mean it's not infected.

Quote Originally Posted by babygirl View Post
    My flashdisc was infected by school's computer. Then after that I scanned it with my bit defender but bit defender couldn't detect any virus from my flashdisc. I was pretty sure that my school's computer is infected by viruses because there's no antivirus in it.
    Maybe so if it still maintains the USB slot and floppy drive (if it happens to be an old compie) and is connected to the net, but otherwise no chance.

Btw I concur with Babygirl on Smadav. The thing is a freeware and can work hand in hand with many foreign antivirus software and it does detect viruses that my AVG Free Edition doesn't. There's a Pro Version for a donation, but you can use it perfectly without having to pay. Local viruses can get nastier than foreign ones at times. A friend tried so hard to recover his infected files to no avail even with paid foreign antivirus and entering the DOS Mode but could get healed with the stuff. Worth a try, they also offer English interface albeit apparently not of a good one, but I guess understandable.
    Last edited by ricky_id; 25-02-12 at 12:34. Reason: adding link

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345