Thread: SMARTFREN Mobile broadband offer~ [Recap]

Question SMARTFREN Mobile broadband offer~ [Recap]

Hello all,

As I understand the offers changed in May 2011, so I would like to recap (correct me if I'm wrong):
    - Modem AC682 @ 199'RIBU w/ 30 days of Unlimited transfer

Then per month according to the new SmartFren offer it's:
    - 50'RIBU for 2GB | Max speed: 3.1Mbps/1.8Mbps
    or
    - 100'RIBU for 6GB | Max speed: 3.1Mbps/1.8Mbps
    or
    - 150'RIBU for 12GB | Max speed: 3.1Mbps/1.8Mbps
    or
    - 90'RIBU for Unlimited (using the Premium plan) | Max speed: 384Kbps/128Kbps
    or
    - 50'RIBU for Unlimited (using the Regular plan) | Max speed: 384Kbps/128Kbps

Did I make any mistake?..
    Last edited by jcn50; 26-06-11 at 19:28.

Banned

Does anyone knows where to buy in south Jakarta? Cilandak, Fatmawati, Pondok Indah or Poins square maybe??

I bought mine at Carrefour Lebak Bulus.
    Does anyone remember the code need to be sent for 50K per month?
    They changed it last month...

Packages, prices and codes are all here;

http://www.smartfren.com/data/index.html

is smartfren any good in Jakarta? saw their latest ads and it looks promising.

Banned

@ adestp

http://jump.smart-telecom.co.id/index.php/main/index Your smartfren phone number, click request password, u will receive an sms, just go to "buy" tab and buy

Is it a smartfren dealer or normal shop? Because normal shops still selling old price. I checked in Poins Square.

@thejae

Yeah really promising but got nothing

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1377943962.png

T
    his is 3.1Mbps package and I'm sitting garden of my house! And this is a very near server which supposed to show very fast unreal speed...

Here is the UK results http://www.speedtest.net/result/1377950817.png

And the worst part is when u downloading something Smartfren software shows that u downloading with 90KB/s where actually downloading with 20KB/s...!!

It's good for if you're outside where u don't have any other choice to use internet for checking emails, that's it... Sometimes it gets faster but unstable, I never seen download faster than 100KB/s...

Default Smartfren broadband ancurrr

Quote Originally Posted by jcn50 View Post
    Hello all,

As I understand the offers changed in May 2011, so I would like to recap (correct me if I'm wrong):
    - Modem AC682 @ 199'RIBU w/ 30 days of Unlimited transfer

Then per month according to the new SmartFren offer it's:
    - 50'RIBU for 2GB | Max speed: 3.1Mbps/1.8Mbps
    or
    - 100'RIBU for 6GB | Max speed: 3.1Mbps/1.8Mbps
    or
    - 150'RIBU for 12GB | Max speed: 3.1Mbps/1.8Mbps
    or
    - 90'RIBU for Unlimited (using the Premium plan) | Max speed: 384Kbps/128Kbps
    or
    - 50'RIBU for Unlimited (using the Regular plan) | Max speed: 384Kbps/128Kbps

Did I make any mistake?..
    Sebelum terlanjur kecewa seperti saya, bila ingin memakai SMARTFREN BROADBAND simak pengalaman saya berikut ini.

Sebelumnya saya register paket premium bulanan seharga Rp 99rb yang diiklannya speed 768 kbps, nyatanya dibawah 200 kbps kadang dibawah 100 kbps. Saya pilih karena unlimited dan 768 kbps cukup lumayan untuk browsing, email dan radio streaming. Ya ampun leletnya minta ampun. Kena tipu gua.

Bulan berikutnya saya register volume based 12 gb sebulan seharga Rp 150rb dan speed 14,7 kbps diiklannya. Tapi tetap saja ancur ga nyampe 200kbps. Buka email lama, youtube ga bisa.

Untuk lebih jelasnya berikut keterangan tambahan:

• Saya mengalami ini bukan kejadian sekali dan saya tulis keluhan di surat pembaca ini, tapi saya alami dalam berhari-hari setelah saya memakai volume based.
      Perangkat yang saya gunakan sudah EVDO.
      Sinyal dilokasi saya mentok full

HASIL SPEED TEST & PAKET

Paket 12GB.jpg

Speedtest.jpg

0,06 mbps berarti cuma 60 kbps. Kurang dari 1 % (seperseratus) dari yang dijanjikan iklan 14,7 mbps.
    Ada kata yang lebih parah dari ANCURR ga ya???

Saya sangat terganggu karena saya butuh koneksi internet yang handal untuk urusan kerja..

Jadi teman teman saya sarankan jangan mau pake SMARTFREN.

Demikian, semoga sharing ini bermanfaat.

i used to use the rp90,000 unlimited. Prior to the May 2011 review it was unlimited at 3mb/s. After May 2011 they reduced it to something around 485kb/s. No just last month they made it 786kb/s but they cap the speed down to 384kb/s once you have downloaded 500mBytes. This used to be called basic but they replaced the premium with this. It just keeps getting worse and worse. I dont recommend smartfren because they keep reducing the connection speeds but the pricing stays the same.
    I dont mind paying extra to have the old 3mb/s unlimited connection or even the 485kb/s unlimited but instead they closed the option all together. I find that to be a very painful gap.

I bought their Revision B wireless router modem thingy (.. this one) and subscribed to the 12GB monthly plan for 150,000 rp. It allows 5 simultaneous connections and I take this modem router with me where ever I go whether it be around Surabaya, or do other cities in Indonesia. Suffice to say, the speed of the connection varies from place to place. I get super fast speeds at home in Surabaya and I even allow my spunky next door neighbor to access my wireless modem router where she seems to be downloading a lot (MP3''s no doubt). When I'm away in Jakarta, and Lombok (Cakranegarra) the speeds are slow; Bali (Kuta) is not too bad. So I guess alot depends on where you are located, where the node (or nerds) are located (more nerds, slower speed) and the time of the day.

But note, it's the new Revision B modems that will give you the faster speeds, (according to the sales girl).