Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thule 696 Expedition Rack

Mauricio

Default Thule 696 Expedition Rack

Thule 821 Expedition Rack

• Superb European construction, all aluminium panels
    • Looks particularly attractive on SUVs like Honda CRV, Suzuki Grand Vitara, Toyota Rush
    • In brand new condition, never installed, never used, never anything...
    • 99 x 158 cm
    Rp$5 million
    Last edited by Mauricio; 14-06-09 at 19:17.

Mauricio

This is still up for grabs, for anyone looking to give their SUV a little more flash and functionality...

Mauricio, perhaps your rack is a bit to stylish for my ubiquitous, Kijang kapsul, but I am still interested except for one thing. From the photo it appears that I would need to have a factory rack or at least side rails already in place -- in order for the Thule to have a place to attach. I am afraid that my Kijang has a smooth top. Let me know if I am correct? Thanks.

Mauricio

Yes, you are correct. The rack that I am selling is attached to existing rails and crossbars on the roof of a car. You can have a crossbar system installed on any type of roof. If your car roof is smooth bald and has no rails, rain-gutters, etc, you can still have a crossbar system installed provided that you don't mind drilling holes on the roof. If you go this route, make sure the person doing the installation puts anti-rust lube in the newly-drilled holes and on the treads of the bolts, and that s/he does a good job with gaskets to make sure that the roof doesn't leak.

Quote Originally Posted by Mauricio View Post
    Yes, you are correct. The rack that I am selling is attached to existing rails and crossbars on the roof of a car. You can have a crossbar system installed on any type of roof. If your car roof is smooth bald and has no rails, rain-gutters, etc, you can still have a crossbar system installed provided that you don't mind drilling holes on the roof. If you go this route, make sure the person doing the installation puts anti-rust lube in the newly-drilled holes and on the treads of the bolts, and that s/he does a good job with gaskets to make sure that the roof doesn't leak.
    I like the idea of having a roof rack. There is usually more family than car when we decide to arrange an outing, leaving almost no room for luggage. Still I think the drilling, greasing, gasketing & screwing is more than I want to tackle, Mauricio, especially since we will probably trade in the Kijang next year. You have great stuff for sale, but we seem to inhabit slightly different worlds. Hope you find a buyer; its a shame to have quality items collecting dust.

Mauricio

I just came back from the sole distributor of Thule in Jakarta in Kelapa Gading. Their price on the same item is Rp$6.5 million.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Mauricio View Post
    I just came back from the sole distributor of Thule in Jakarta in Kelapa Gading. Their price on the same item is Rp$6.5 million.

well there you go mite, if you sell it back to them they could make a clean profit of satu juta.
    IknowthatyoubelieveyouunderstandwhatyouthinkIsaid, butI'mnotsureyourealisethatwhatyouheardisnotwhatI meant.

Mauricio

I should cuz they have none in stock.

FYI, the only other distributor of Thule in Indonesia is in Surabaya. The Jakarta distributor is in Kelapa Gading's Mall of Indonesia (MOI). They also sell mid-range bicycles.
    Last edited by Mauricio; 04-06-09 at 15:43.

Banned

I have a canvas bag that attaches to a roof rack like that.

anyone want it? what would be a fair price?

Mauricio

waterproof? what dimensions? Got fotos?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast