Home quarantine is a euphemism for bribes to take them instead of leaving them 2 weeks at the airport. Completely defies the whole purpose of quarantine of course. It's a shame they included the 'rabies-free' countries in the quarantine obligation in 2010.
$4000 per cat for home quarantine is unfortunately just far too insane. (Even for one cat, that's nutty.) I would absolutely DEMAND proof that this is the fee. Indonesia loves bureaucracy - if this fee truly reflects costs, then it will be written down somewhere.
You might be better off putting the cats into the quarantine (it's two weeks, right?) and arranging regular visits. I was allowed to see my cat once when she was in a brief quarantine (years ago.) If you visit your cats in quarantine, you can bring them treats, pitch a fit about conditions, etc.
There is home quarantine for humans too. But then you need to agree to measures like wearing surgical masks, washing hands, not sharing personal items, limiting the amount of visits, etc. etc.
Anyway, OT: home quarantine for pets does not exist in RI, officially they need to stay at the airport. There is no current regulation that allows exceptions. BS of course when you're from a rabies-free country and when you have taken all precautions.
Btw, talking about the precautions: did all seven already get anti-rabies vaccinations by the vet and blood test by recognized labs? And health statements? All this can add up to $100 per cat too...
QUOTATION Import Number of Pets: 2 cats
From – To: Europe – INDONESIA (JKT)
No DESCRIPTION AMOUNT 1. Importation (JKT Charges) : Import permit, custom clearance, transport to quarantine and delivery to owner residence (within JKT), an additional may be charged in case out of Jakarta.
Overtime fee for arrival after 17.00
2. Custom Fee
** Custom officer will not issue any receipt **
3. Other Charges :
Quarantine fee for 14 days IDR 660,000 per head (excluded early release charges)
TOTAL : IDR. 13,120,000.-
Documents required for processing an Import permit:
1. Copy of the owner passport, picture & signature page
2. Pet’s copy vaccination book with valid vaccines (more than 30 days less than 1 year)
3. Copy of blood Rabies Antibody titer test certificate
4. Name, address and phone no of receiver in JKT
* Documents requested should be received min 3 weeks before departure date
Terms of quotation :
* Quote to be signed and return by fax/ email, if accepted
* Not include any fee at Origin
* Not including any services or documents or fee in country of origin unless specified above
* Not including any fee for boarding, Veterinarian services, treatment or medication if needed
* For using our services returning this form with signature and providing all documents required and a deposit of 50% payment is required prior to any bookings.
* Full Payment must be settle maximum 2 days before arrival of pet in Jakarta
* Method of payment can be by Cash, credit card (with additional 3% for the bank charges and have to swipe the actual card in the machine), bank transfer (not include bank transfer fee) or MONEYGRAM
* Bank information : Bank Name : CIMB NIAGA; Bank Address : KEMANG RAYA NO 47D JAKARTA 12730 INDONESIA; IDR Account Number : 2530 10065 0188; USD Account number : 6430 20000 3116; Swift code : BNIAIDJA; Account holder : JUDA TRIJOGA ADISUSANTO
* For MONEYGRAM : Receiver name : JUDA TRIJOGA ADISUSANTO; Receiver address : KEMANG RAYA NO 44 JAKARTA INDONESIA
* Process would be started upon receiving copy documents for import permit and signed Quote and Contract
* This quote valid for 30 days
* This quote are not valid for Sunday/ Public Holiday
* There is an additional overtime fee for shipment & delivery of pet to residence out of office hours or for Sunday or Public Holiday
* Any cancellation of booking, has a penalty according to the progress, at minimum 25% from the service charge on the quotation
Last edited by jstar; 06-03-12 at 19:32.
Hmm, good question. Guess the owner of the Agent? Also contributor on Fotografer.net it seems.
Ah, in the US: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta. And in Europe: European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control, it was established by the European Union and they are based in Stockholm, Sweden.
They are organizations responsible for identifying, treating and preventing diseases, for the public interest of course. They trace the cause of new epidemics and local emerging infectious diseases, also provide health information and education. They even have contracts on home quarantine.
Last edited by jstar; 06-03-12 at 20:02.
Yes, found it on the CDC website:
Federal isolation and quarantine are authorized for these communicable diseases:
-Viral hemorrhagic fevers
-Flu that can cause a pandemic
Quarantine is used to separate and restrict the movement of well persons who may have been exposed to a communicable disease to see if they become ill. These people may have been exposed to a disease and do not know it, or they may have the disease but do not show symptoms. Quarantine can also help limit the spread of communicable disease.
Isolation and quarantine are used to protect the public by preventing exposure to infected persons or to persons who may be infected.
In addition to serving as medical functions, isolation and quarantine also are “police power” functions, derived from the right of the state to take action affecting individuals for the benefit of society.
Cool, thanks jstar! That makes sense. Interesting, I didn't know that cholera was a "quarantine-able" disease.