Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Inexpensive Wine in JKT?

Certified Troll

Quote Originally Posted by adindas View Post
    Yeep probably what they are selling in Indonesia is Red Label - Blended Scotch Whisky ..
    I know people could easily get it for about 20.00

But the one with Blue or Gold Label is still at least 50.00 especially the vantage one. That was I taught to be sold in Jakarta ...

Do you prefer Whisky to Beer or Wine leyton; ??
    Hi Adindas I'm not sure I understand you fully but a bottle of Johnnie Walker Red Label was 640 000 Rp in Vin+ in Arcadia just before Christmas. Of course they have the others on offer but at higher prices. All JW whiskies are blended and not Single Matl to my knowledge you just pay for the name and special blend as you do with Chivas Regal etc.

If you know where I could buy original JW Red Label or similar for 20 GBP in Indonesia ie less than 300 000 RP please PM me.

I drink little wine and to be truthful, in Indonesia it isn't worth the money asked and as I said earlier if it 400 Rb for a 5 USD bottle of cheap plonk or 600 Rb for a decent Scotch then budget permitting I'll buy the Scotch for sure

I drink Bintang in Indonesia simply because decent imported beers are hard to find or sold at equally extortionate prices.

The only decent local beers in my opinion are brewed under the name of Storm (in Bali I believe) and even these are now being sold at extortionate European prices. Whether through raw material import costs, tax, politics or greed I have no idea.

If I had the choice in Indonesia I would drink a good quality beer. I do enjoy a good single malt but it is a bit too warm here to hit the whiskey bottle for me.

If it wasn't for the extortionate price of spirits here I'd probably go for a real Marguarita made with a good Tequila and Triple sec instead of the single malt I think.

Meanwhile it looks like I'm stuck with Bintang I'm afraid.

God morning Leyton

I am talking about Red Label Johnie Walker sold n the UK when I say it it for 20.00,
    But with for blue or gold label, it is still about 50.00 in the UK unless it is a special offer or on sale with heavily discounted price ...

In my previous posting I said 600.000 for a bottle of whiskey in Jakarta is a very decent price because I taught it was blue or gold label one because the price in the UK itself is already around that ...

Quote Originally Posted by leyton View Post
    Hi Adindas I'm not sure I understand you fully but a bottle of Johnnie Walker Red Label was 640 000 Rp in Vin+ in Arcadia just before Christmas. Of course they have the others on offer but at higher prices. All JW whiskies are blended and not Single Matl to my knowledge you just pay for the name and special blend as you do with Chivas Regal etc.

If you know where I could buy original JW Red Label or similar for 20 GBP in Indonesia ie less than 300 000 RP please PM me.

I drink little wine and to be truthful, in Indonesia it isn't worth the money asked and as I said earlier if it 400 Rb for a 5 USD bottle of cheap plonk or 600 Rb for a decent Scotch then budget permitting I'll buy the Scotch for sure

I drink Bintang in Indonesia simply because decent imported beers are hard to find or sold at equally extortionate prices.

The only decent local beers in my opinion are brewed under the name of Storm (in Bali I believe) and even these are now being sold at extortionate European prices. Whether through raw material import costs, tax, politics or greed I have no idea.

If I had the choice in Indonesia I would drink a good quality beer. I do enjoy a good single malt but it is a bit too warm here to hit the whiskey bottle for me.

If it wasn't for the extortionate price of spirits here I'd probably go for a real Marguarita made with a good Tequila and Triple sec instead of the single malt I think.

Meanwhile it looks like I'm stuck with Bintang I'm afraid.

I sometimes buy wine at Pepenero, they have relatively decent wine at 180 Rp. In Kemchick also, they sell some Bali wines (red and white) at about the same price, althgouh i found the cheapest red one awful. At Dennis (Darmawangsa square), they have some decent stuff between 200 and 300.

Lookin goood......I'm liking all these 'lower' prices...

yeah, it's better than 400 and +, but still a bit painful though... In France the wine industry lobby says one glass of wine everyday is good for your health, well... i'm not that healthy here !

oh, also i forgot, i sometimes go to the ladies nights in those bars offering free alcohol, or with 50% discount... and the sunday brunches with free flow, when i'm not hangovered from saturday night

(i realize i sound like i'm obsessed with alcoholic beverages )

Quote Originally Posted by adeaemma View Post
    (i realize i sound like i'm obsessed with alcoholic beverages )
    Ah...I prefer calling ourselves.... alcohol enthusiasts!

Share specifics please....what brand should I look for (that is under 200,000). I'll look up Pepenero.....

Thank you for input, my fellow enthusiast

My personal experience, if I drink a cheap wine I will get a headache on the following day ..
    I have not tried Bali wines yet, but just wonder how do they taste good as the grape in tropical countries like in Bali is different.

I sometimes buy wine at Pepenero, they have relatively decent wine at 180 Rp. In Kemchick also, they sell some Bali wines (red and white) at about the same price, althgouh i found the cheapest red one awful. At Dennis (Darmawangsa square), they have some decent stuff between 200 and 300.
    Last edited by adindas; 18-03-11 at 07:26.

Pepenero the Italian restaurants here? They sell wine by the bottle? Ah. I miss wine.

Hi Guys,

Sorry not much stock at the moment, it's getting harder since start of the year to get anything, I have the following at the moment but not much of it

Absolut Vodka 1 bottle 750 ml 220,000 rp

Smirnoff Watermelon 8 bottle 750 ml 200,000 rp

Smirnoff Orange 8 bottle 750 ml 200,000 rp

Smirnoff Apple 12 bottle 750 ml 200,000 rp

Smirnoff Strawberry 9 bottle 750 ml 200,000 rp

Chivas regal 12 yo 18 bottle 750 ml 325,000 rp

Tequila 4 bottle 750 ml 220,000 rp

Kelara coffee cream 4 bottle 750 ml 200,000 rp

Jacobs Creek chardonnay 14 bottle 750 ml 185,000 rp

Lindemans Chardonnay 18 bottles 750 ml 185,000 rp

Jacobs creek shiraz 2 bottles 750 ml 185,000 rp

pm me if interested