Thread: Sending Goods to Indonesia, forbidden ones, and allowed ones

Default Sending Goods to Indonesia, forbidden ones, and allowed ones

Can anyone advice me or show me the rules, regulations on sending goods to Indonesia.

Lately I sent some books and the customs, sent a letter to my sister (receiver) to get the book and paid some amount of money. At the same time I sent a training sword (not sharp) and it was taken by the customs as it is considered forbidden item to be sent.

I still have some goods on the way to ind that I have sent. I sent also some wooden weapons. Will it be a problem and the customs take them as forbidden items?

Pls, be advised

Certified Troll

I don't know the law but I can tell you my experience.

I've had several packages from the UK containing my clothes, various other used items I couldn't/forgot to take with me and kid's toys (Gifts for my monster).
    All were opened but nothing missing.
    I had to pay a small fee on all but it wasn't a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mas Fred View Post
    I don't know the law but I can tell you my experience.

I've had several packages from the UK containing my clothes, various other used items I couldn't/forgot to take with me and kid's toys (Gifts for my monster).
    All were opened but nothing missing.
    I had to pay a small fee on all but it wasn't a lot.
    Perfume and chemical are not allowed, not sure about the rest.
    Check out here and send them email, they might reply

http://www.posindonesia.co.id/

Djoko,

You may want to have a look at this link, it tells you what kind of items are prohibited and items that are dutiable/restricted along with how much import duties you would have to pay.
    http://ems.posindonesia.co.id/custom.html

And this one to give you a brief idea on how things work based on people's experience.
    http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...ght=import+tax
    Last edited by nickie; 05-03-11 at 08:58.
    Leave the gun, take the cannoli - The Godfather

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    Djoko,

You may want to have a look at this link, it tells you what kind of items are prohibited and items that are dutiable/restricted along with how much import duties you would have to pay.
    http://ems.posindonesia.co.id/custom.html

And this one to give you a brief idea on how things work based on people's experience.
    http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...ght=import+tax
    Thanks a lot.

After reading them, I found that I have to be ready to lose my wooden weapons as well.

I assume for martial arts?
    There is one small shop inPlaza Semangi which has some weapons, on the third floor I think.
    You could try thre if you are after something along those lines.
    There are probably other shops too try kaskus as a last resort
    As a stranger give it welcome.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy

Certified Troll

Supermall, Karawaci (Spelling?) has them as well. Its in the computer market for some odd reason.

Quote Originally Posted by kim& mika View Post
    I assume for martial arts?
    There is one small shop inPlaza Semangi which has some weapons, on the third floor I think.
    You could try thre if you are after something along those lines.
    There are probably other shops too try kaskus as a last resort
    Well, the wooden weapons I sent to Ind were all very special, in terms of material, size,weight. What I mean is that they belong to different Martial Arts Styles and They're typical to each Style. So If I lost them, I'm afraid that I can't find the weapons I wish.

There are some weapon shops in Ind and I bought some from them, but I found that they' re not the standard weapons I usually use.
    I sent them to Ind as I plan to order similar weapons with the same size and shape so that I can use them to train my students.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion. I just wish if I could find a way to get my weapons back. Are there any possible ways to get them back?

Few years ago, I was able to bring in my katana (sharp blade) into Indonesia. I brought it along with me. So at the airport I just put my sword case into the x-ray machine and the custom officers did not say any words. He let me and my katana go trough.

Prior to that I have contacted the custom people from Australia (my location) and they said it was alright to bring in my sharp blade katana. At one time, I even asked the custom officer face to face at the Jakarta airport to reconfirm and similarly he said it was alright to bring in my katana, whereas airsoft or air gun is not allowed.

I guess the custom law may a bit vague, some officers may say can whereas some officers may say can't. Or perhaps the law has been changed.

Nevertheless try calling the Indo custom office in which your wooden weapons are held to solve the issue. Most probably you'll just need to pay them some admin fees to get back the items. If you send the items in bulk content, I guess you need to pay them some tax money, coz they may think that you are reselling the items to earn profit.

Well, I guess IF VERY WORST CASE SCENARIO you could not get the weapon into Indonesia for some strange reason beyond your control, perhaps you could do a very detail sketch of the weapon design (i.e engineering drawing) with the proper dimension, tolerance, material, centre of mass, curvature, top view, side view, back view, front view, etc... and send the blueprint to the weapon manufacturer in Indo.

If its steel-bladed weapon, perhaps you can try www.eijiforge.com or https://www.facebook.com/pages/EIJIForge/222225241665 to customize the weapon according to your specification.