Thread: Sekolah Bukit Scion - Any opinions

Default Sekolah Bukit Scion - Any opinions

Currently I am not in Indonesia. I would like to move down. I have a son and was wondering if anyone had an opinion about this school, Sekolah Bukit Scion - http://www.bukitsion.sch.id/index.php.

Thank you.
    "Numquam catapultas allice, iram omnium concitabis." - Never draw fire, it irritates everyone around you.

Certified Troll

I don't know the school but I can take a few guesses.

It's a Christian school that hold deep Christian values. Any teaching away from those values will put your position in question.
    Its a bilingual school with a fairly good standard of English.
    Student's fees are very expensive.

Just guesses bases on the site and experience. The first guess should be noted.

Thanks Mas. Do you have any idea how much the fees are? I didn't see them posted.
    "Numquam catapultas allice, iram omnium concitabis." - Never draw fire, it irritates everyone around you.

Hahaha wrong number Fred Perhaps the original poster should try phoning directly for the fee structure of the school

Banned

It's ok. perhaps 3rd tier national plus/international school in Jakarta. About 230-250 students. Dunno about fees. Staff must be Christian. (I assume students also)

@kingwilly - I will follow up will follow up with the school since they aren't posted. What does 3rd tier mean relative to a school here in the U.S. (if you have any idea)? This school does language immersion in English and has classes in Indonesian and Mandarin Chinese from kindergarten. Is that just par for the course at National Plus schools?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by wimpag1 View Post
    @kingwilly - I will follow up will follow up with the school since they aren't posted. What does 3rd tier mean relative to a school here in the U.S. (if you have any idea)? This school does language immersion in English and has classes in Indonesian and Mandarin Chinese from kindergarten. Is that just par for the course at National Plus schools?
    par for the course.

3rd tier, more or less my guestimate.
    1st Tier would be JIS, BIS and AIS (all top level International Schools)
    2nd would be Sekolah Pelita Harapan, BINUS International, Sinamas World Academy, Global Jaya, ACG etc (Top level national plus schools, some have rebranded as international recently)
    3rd tier are the national plus and petty international schools that are pretty ok. (They are still reasonable, but not 100% top level.)
    lower down are most national schools and English language schools.

Thank you. You, Mas Fred, and Nike have given me a lot of new information to work with. Very much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by kingwilly View Post
    par for the course.

3rd tier, more or less my guestimate.
    1st Tier would be JIS, BIS and AIS (all top level International Schools)
    2nd would be Sekolah Pelita Harapan, BINUS International, Sinamas World Academy, Global Jaya, ACG etc (Top level national plus schools, some have rebranded as international recently)
    3rd tier are the national plus and petty international schools that are pretty ok. (They are still reasonable, but not 100% top level.)
    lower down are most national schools and English language schools.