Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Salary for teachers in Indonesia

Default Salary for teachers in Indonesia

I am wondering if anyone knows the going pay for teachers here in Indonesia? Can anyone give me a general idea what the hourly pay would be for a foreign teacher(English speaking) teaching in a national Indonesian school (Junior/senior hight school)?

I can tell you that English First language schools pay 8,000,000 RP per month ($720) with some kind of health insurance and a return plane ticket home. Thats all I know about teacher salary here.

it depends on the schools, i dont really know the actual salary but probably 5,000,000 RP above, try to apply in international schools.

Default Thanks

Thank you all for your responses and helpful hints.

Freddy boy,

Rp 8,000,000/month in Indonesia is still to be consider as a high salary. Somebody (Indonesian) start a new job in Indo probably only get paid around Rp 2-4 million/month for starter. However, I agree with you, for expat it probably a poor salary as you get used to those and $$$ as well as due to the higher living cost. If you prepared to live in kampung or in a kost rather than an apartment than it probably will be enough.
    Bunga dari Jawa

Quote Originally Posted by indotom View Post
    I can tell you that English First language schools pay 8,000,000 RP per month ($720) with some kind of health insurance and a return plane ticket home. Thats all I know about teacher salary here.
    Is that all?? I knew a guy who was being offered a salary of 15,000,000 by the british institute as an english teacher.. and that was 3 years ago! At the time he was teaching for EF (english first) and his salary was around 8-10 mil. Surely the salary standard has gone up by now!
    Mangan ora mangan pokoke ngumpul

Quote Originally Posted by Pauleslteacher1 View Post
    My advice is to look for a national plus school which usually pay 15-20 million plus plus plus... International schools pay alot more but you usually need a teacher qualification to teach there...
    Hi Pauleslteacher,

Regarding that 15-20 million salary in a national plus school. Who is it valid for? Is it only valid for a native English speaker teaching English there? I'm an Indonesian, at the moment doing my degree in Education Studies and will later on do a PGCE to get my teaching qualification. Honestly, I didn't have a plan to teach in Indo due to the salary, from what I know teacher's salary are not that high. But 15-20 million sounds good enough for me
    Bunga dari Jawa

Hi Paul,

I'm not sure yet what I'd like to teach in the future, I didn't plan to teach English. I like little children so probably will teach in early years or primary school. If they have Bahasa Indonesia curriculum in England sure I'd be interested in that.

About your company, English Solutions,is it going to be an English School like EF and ILP? If I need an experience after graduation then I'll have to contact you for a job lol.
    Bunga dari Jawa

Mmmh, I didn't realised that some of the schools are taking advantage of the teachers. Your plan sounds great Paul, will you open a branch in Surabaya as well? Just curious, maybe I can recommend my cousins to go to your school instead of the others .
    Bunga dari Jawa

"Personally...I've recently opened an English services company called English Solutions and will be hiring native and local teachers along with people of other backgrounds in the near future... "

Hi Paul,
    If you need native english teacher, could my husband apply as he was english teacher at some english course and now he free lance and teach in private.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast