Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cibubur

Default Cibubur

Can anyone help me with some general information about Cibubur. I am considering renting a house there. During previous holidays, I have driven past on my way from Jakarta to Depok, but never stopped there. Just looking for info on shopping facilities, cinemas, fitness centres, kolam renang, clubs - day-to-day information useful to somebody living in the area. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have been there once to tour the fancy housing developments in the area. All I can tell you is the housing is nice but once you hit the main road it is crowded and crazy!

Nice fresh air in the morning but yes, small roads and traffic. Especially during rain.
    PHP Code:
    THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE !!! 
    Acceleratus maximus..Beep Beep

i'd suggest you to stay in Kota Wisata House cibubur, you can pick whether you want japan atmosphere house, french, spain, etc. i know cuz i have friends who stay there and it's still green.
    next to shopping facilites, cinemas, fitness centres too. strategic i guess!

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Can anyone help me with some general information about Cibubur. I am considering renting a house there. During previous holidays, I have driven past on my way from Jakarta to Depok, but never stopped there. Just looking for info on shopping facilities, cinemas, fitness centres, kolam renang, clubs - day-to-day information useful to somebody living in the area. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Hi..I live in Kota Wisata Cibubur for 5 years now. I love my house, i love the area, the garden, secured, all houses have no fence/gate except the one near the main road.
    All fasilities are here,We have olympic size swimming pool, gym, futsal, tennis,fresh market, Spa ( Martha Tilaar). pls check www.kota-wisata.com and not far from here is Ace Hardware in time square, cinema, hypermart and starbucks in Cibubur junction.
    We got everything nearby. No need to go to Jakarta..but I still go on weekend to Mangga dua to get xbox game, DVD, computer stuff .
    The Main access from tol Jagorawi to kota wisata is now 3 lanes each direction, the traffic started to build from 6.30 - 9am..after that is smooth but of course if your office is in Jakarta, you need to leave very early.

Kota wisata is not only housing estate here, there are several on the same road, Legenda Wisata,Citra Gran, Raffles Hill, Taman Kenari, Puri Sriwedari, Mahogany, Taman laguna, Bukit golf, the Address and many more. I cant remember it all.
    Multitasking Woman!

Thanks for the feedback everybody. I have arranged to rent a house in Kota Wisata - will be arriving at the beginning of March next year. Maybe I will see you around the place stt_cibubur. I won't be working, so the morning traffic into Jakarta won't bother me.

That'll be great..you'll like the place, lots of food available in fresh market (fresh pork, lamb, beef, sea food)..there will not be any "Kaki lima" guys wondering around and make noises selling bakso and mie ayam in your neighborhood like most housing estate in Jakarta.
    Multitasking Woman!

Kota Wisata - Montreal type

there are 2 kind of cibubur. old one and new one. i believe we're more interesting in the new cibubur, the one that located at left side if you take highway from jakarta to bogor. no doubt, the new cibubur is very phenomenal. it is because cibubur surrounded by 3 highways, which are jatiasih highway, jagorawi highway, and (the future development) JORR-2 highway. any properties that related with highway is very highly rewarded here and their home pricing will increase fast like crazy, no others bank instrument (saving, deposit, etc etc) interest can beat the profit from increase price of home at cibubur. no wonder why many property developers highly compete at cibubur to develop homes there. it's new rising star area. recently the main street of cibubur called transyogi, has been widening so now it's capable to hold more vehicles there. also, new highway exit maingate to bogor direction has beeen opened so cibubur people don't have to go thru cibubur junction (shooping mall where the traffic jam often happening there) just to go to bogor direction. soon, in the next few year in future, there would be new highway there called JORR-2 (Jakarta Outer Ring Road phase 2). so current traffic jam at transyogi cibubur is only for temporary, soon all of that will be cured. beside, current traffic jam is not for all working hours like jakarta. in jakarta, you'll get traffic jam from morning to afternoon, nonstop traffic jam during working hours, daily. in cibubur, traffic jam only happening during 6 to 8.00 AM and 5 to 7 PM, so unlike jakarta, it's still acceptable.

it's only takes 20 minutes from and to jakarta thru highway. so it's still close to main capital city. located outside jakarta, cibubur is highly compete with jakarta in term of facilities. all of your daily requirement available here in cibubur, like movie theater, shooping mall, restaurants, etc etc, so it's almost you don;t have to go to jakarta anymore (except for work maybe). many international schools here, so you don;t have to worry about your children education anymore, because the certificate is highly acknowledged internationally.

cibubur is one step closer to become as crowded as jakarta in term of housing, but cibubur currently somehow still manage to maintain its green environment. this is something that you won't get at jakarta. very damn good to raise new family. back to nature without losing all main capital city facilities, that;s cibubur.

sentul

next new promising area would be sentul. we all know the trend always goes to south because there's bogor there. many rich people own house at bogor and still keep working at jakarta. investing cheap price at cibubur probably too late (unless you willing to wait and see for let's say, one decade), but not too late for sentul. soon there will be BORR highway (bogor outer ring road), so housing price there is already increase slowly (but sure). thanks to BORR, unlike currently you need more than one hour to go and back from jakarta vs bogor vice versa, with BORR it takes less than one hour. right now i am highly considering to invest some land there at sentul. there are many good views there, mountain view, lake view, etc etc you name it. so i am intend to buy some land there so in future i can develop some villa where i will live there in my old age, good for rest, good for soul.
    Last edited by indoroids; 19-05-09 at 08:58.

anything about cibubur, you can read it here
    http://www.cibubur.com/diskusi/default.asp

Banned

next new promising area would be sentul.
    Sentul is a very pretty location south of Cibubur. However, I read that the Sentul area is plagued with preman (thugs) and government apparats working with the thugs.

Stories tell of people who buy land in Sentul developments being forced to pay "maintenance fees" and threatened even if their land is empty.

Also, I read that water is hard to get in Sentul. Sentul land developers buy water from PDAM Jaya (the government water supplier) at Rp. 1800 M3 and sell it to users at Rp. 6,000+ M3. If you don't buy, you're threatened.

If you don't believe there is a problem, go to Google and type "sentul preman" WITHOUT the quotation marks. I got 114 search returns.

Does anyone here know first-hand of problems in Sentul?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast