Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bisulan

Default Bisulan

Anyone know the cause of this phenomenon? Just spoke to my wife and she says her sister is back from the city to the kampung because her infant daughter is bisulan for one month...

I said 'so why has she come to the kampung where there are no doctors?'. 'Don't be silly, you don't get a doctor for bisulan, you need traditional medicine'. 'So what causes this?' 'Don't know'

I did get some bisul myself when I was in Indonesia, but nothing since leaving. Is it the heat and humidity? Bad water? Poor nutrition?

Bisul is an abscess, pak...
    Leave the gun, take the cannoli - The Godfather

abscess makes the heart grow fonder....

I know what it is, but just wondered why it's so common in Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by sumyunggai View Post
    abscess makes the heart grow fonder....
    Haha good one!

Abscesses are typically caused by either an inflammatory reaction to an infectious process (bacteria or parasite) or, less commonly, to a foreign substance within the body (a needle or a splinter, for example). Abscesses may develop because of obstructed oil (sebaceous) or sweat glands, inflammation of hair follicles, or from minor breaks and punctures of the skin. Abscesses may also develop after a surgical procedure.

The infectious organisms or foreign material cause an inflammatory response in the body, which triggers the body's immune system to form a cavity or capsule to contain the infection and prevent it from spreading to other parts of the body. The interior of the abscess liquefies, and pus develops (which contains dead cells, proteins, bacteria, and other debris). This area then begins to expand, creating increasing tension and inflammation of the overlying skin.

People with weakened immune systems (either from a chronic disease or from medications) can develop abscesses more often because their body's ability to fight infection is decreased. Individuals with any of the following conditions are at higher risk for developing abscesses.

To sum it up, it is common in Indonesia because they have very low immunity system (lack of nutrition/less educated in a term of dietary), very low level of personal hygiene, open wound that dont get treated properly, humidity plays role a bit, etc.

And that would be $100 for you

Certified Troll

Jeepers if I ask a medical question in here nickie please don't answer it. You're spendy.

Nickie
    Words can inspire, thoughts can provoke, but only action can get you closer to your dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by Alia View Post

Nickie
    Free for you Mbak Alia

Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin View Post
    Jeepers if I ask a medical question in here nickie please don't answer it. You're spendy.
    Not free for you. Dont tell me you are bisulan too??

Default traditional medicine ...

I'm interested in the traditional medicine angle.
    Seems like general hygene and mianteneace of the affected area, perhaps a mild antiseptic.
    The suggestion seems to be that living in the city causes the abcess.

Bisulan often occurs to babies. Inexperience mothers usually afraid to give proper bath to their infant and tend to skip the head wash. Some dirt and dead skin cells that are left could block the hair follicles and encourage bacteria to grow on the infant's skin. Dirty environment and weak immune system could also be the trigger.

First aid: clean and plaster the infected area with warm clean water as often as possible. Avoid scratching and do not remove the abscessed yourself. Bisul is infectious. Unsterilized removal could spread the infection to other part of the skin.

Treatment: Consult the doctor. Any antibiotic cream usually prescribed to treat Bisul. For the worse case, oral antibiotic is needed. Sometimes, minor surgery is needed to remove the abscessed.
    Always try to be modest. And be damn proud of it!

Certified Troll

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    Free for you Mbak Alia

Not free for you. Dont tell me you are bisulan too??
    Im not sayin notin. Keep your stethescope to yourself Doc. No please cough.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast