Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Indonesian Ladies?

Default Indonesian Ladies?

I have heard that certain ladies from certain areas of Indonesia make better friends/lovers/wives than others. I would like to ask members of the forum if this is true or is it a stereotype?

My experience suggests that ladies from Sumatra tick all of the boxes and Balinese do not. I do have a friend who is married to a lady from Madura and he tells me Madurese (spelling) ladies make great companions.

If there was a gentleman's section I would have posted there, but there isn't, however I would invite ladies to join this thread. If you have personal preferences regarding race/nationality of your lovers (Indonesian/French/German/American/British)? I would be interested to hear from you.

Banned

Sumatra? You do know Sumatra is huge, with many disparate suku and religions, right?

Yes Hombre I do, and perhaps I have answered my own question that these assumptions are a stereotype and I should ignore it.

Banned

Back when I was single, I particularly liked the Batak directness and belief in straight talk. Fortunately I found those characteristics, wrapped in sensitivity and tact, in a Jakarta woman of Javanese parentage...
    Last edited by Hombre de Maiz; 22-01-11 at 21:53.

I knew nothing of Indonesia except that, during my military career, I was shot down by Indonesian ground forces, near Kuching, as we were supply dropping during Confrontasi. Fortunately, no damage to the crew other than I shit myself...the aeroplane...not so good!

Years later, when I worked for an airline, I meet this gorgeous gal. She was a flight attendant and told me she was Indonesian...I recalled my previous hatred, but...did I tell you she was gorgeous!

We just celebrated our 24th wedding anniversary a couple of weeks ago.

Still, little did I know about Indonesia because we both immigrated to Canada and have lived there for the last 20 years.

Her mother, in her 90's and has subsequently passed, became ill, so we returned to Jakarta. I was overwhelmed......my few previous visits showed a town that frankly, was in no better condition than my underpants were in Borneo; but Jakarta had dramatically changed.

We decided to spend our Canadian winters in RI.

However, my ignorance still prevails...I was unwise to the fact that all Indonesians are different...they come from a huge archipelago of differing cultures and tribal factions and have no real National trait, other than they feel freedom after Dutch cruel rule.
    The idea that RI is a nation, in my opinion, does not comply...I am originally from the UK and understand the Scottish/Welsh/N.Irish concerns...also, I'm familiar with the Quebec issue in Canada and that the USA comprises 50 States that do not always agree.
    RI's solidarity appears tenuous.

What I was unprepared for was......my wife is Ambonese!!!!
    Now I am afraid...very afraid..... as I hear Ambonese practise cannibilism and their delicacy is makan bule.

Can this be true

I know by experience that french canadian women are fabulous!
    Last edited by Sopie; 23-01-11 at 00:01.

Quote Originally Posted by Davita View Post
    I knew nothing of Indonesia except that, during my military career, I was shot down by Indonesian ground forces, near Kuching, as we were supply dropping during Confrontasi. Fortunately, no damage to the crew other than I shit myself...the aeroplane...not so good!

Years later, when I worked for an airline, I meet this gorgeous gal. She was a flight attendant and told me she was Indonesian...I recalled my previous hatred, but...did I tell you she was gorgeous!

We just celebrated our 24th wedding anniversary a couple of weeks ago.

Still, little did I know about Indonesia because we both immigrated to Canada and have lived there for the last 20 years.

Her mother, in her 90's and has subsequently passed, became ill, so we returned to Jakarta. I was overwhelmed......my few previous visits showed a town that frankly, was in no better condition than my underpants were in Borneo; but Jakarta had dramatically changed.

We decided to spend our Canadian winters in RI.

However, my ignorance still prevails...I was unwise to the fact that all Indonesians are different...they come from a huge archipelago of differing cultures and tribal factions and have no real National trait, other than they feel freedom after Dutch cruel rule.
    The idea that RI is a nation, in my opinion, does not comply...I am originally from the UK and understand the Scottish/Welsh/N.Irish concerns...also, I'm familiar with the Quebec issue in Canada and that the USA comprises 50 States that do not always agree.
    RI's solidarity appears tenuous.

What I was unprepared for was......my wife is Ambonese!!!!
    Now I am afraid...very afraid..... as I hear Ambonese practise cannibilism and their delicacy is makan bule.

Can this be true
    I never thought I would meet a Confrontasi veteran here. Looking back at the history, I always think it was a stupid half-scale war, just like Tim-Tim invasion. Good to meet you sir

Quote Originally Posted by Sopie View Post
    I know by experience that french canadian women are fabulous...
    Minus the drama, they are.. I know one that rocks btw

How about BatMan women? I heard good things about them

That's Batak Manado, that I am referring to...
    Last edited by tjamail; 23-01-11 at 00:44.
    Wana come over to Myspace and you can Twitter my Yahoo while I Google your Facebook?

I appreciate your experience but my friends tell me that French Canadian women don't remove the 'jembut' and consequently......the 'Puki' smells... which causes 'puke'.

Would you care to comment about something substansive?
    But that's au naturel...

On topic: I think the concern is valid, but it's more about her relatives than herself. Each person has her own personality that can be quite different than her ethnic stereotype, but when you deal with a large number of people (relatives) on average they will be much closer to the generalization.

Certified Troll

I appreciate your experience but my friends tell me that French Canadian women don't remove the 'jembut' and consequently......the 'Puki' smells... which causes 'puke'.
    How piggish of you. I'd love to be there if you were to say that to her face? Would you or only have the gaul online?

Would you care to comment about something substansive?
    Would you?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast