Thread: What to write in a sponsor letter from my indo wife?

Default What to write in a sponsor letter from my indo wife?

I will apply for a social visa and as I understand I have to get a sponsor letter from my indonesian wife.

What should she write?

Is just something that I am her husband and she wants to be my sponsor or is there something formal I have to write?

All the best from Thomas

EDIT!!! Sorry for my question, I found my answer here: http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...sponsor+letter

Thanks for a great forum!
    Last edited by Thomas_dk; 15-01-11 at 00:30.

I am still not sure if you can change the sponsor for the extensions . If it is easy for you , choose a sponsor (don't need to be your wife) with a KTP(ID) issued at the city you want to stay , because the sosbud visa extension must be done at the immigration office related to the address stated at the sponsor's KTP .
    Last edited by marcus; 15-01-11 at 10:33.

Thank for your advice Marcus.

Yesterday I kept reading and some places it says you can change sponsor and some say you cant. Does the sponsor have to come with me everytime I get extension?

Quote Originally Posted by marcus View Post
    because the sosbud visa extension must be done at the immigration office related to the address stated at the sponsor's KTP .
    this is quite true , but if the sponsor has moved to a new area and hasnt yet changed thier old KTP - to a new KTP to reflect their new area of residence , then the sponsor must get themselves a Kipam ( 3 month temporay permit ) , and you can then submit a copy of this with your social budaya renewal application.

you can do it all yourself thomas , just make sure your paperwork is in order and the information is correct (eg -phone numbers etc ) it may be confusing the 1st time but after you have done it it is simple . it usually takes 3 trips to immigasi per renewal ( it does in bali anyway )
    step 1 prep - get forms forms/folders for all your future extentions is most conveinient .get yourself some rp6000 tax stamps as you will need to put 1 onto each renewal - the post office will have these . You also need 2 passport PHOTOS with red background for each renewal

renewals
    step 1 , and day 1 .... do this from 10 days to 7 days befor current visa expires - have forms filled out signed tax stamp and sponsor letter and ktp and all photocoppies of passport, and include 2 passport photos , and all visas and submit passport also- they will give you a receipt that you have done this with a date when to come back

step 2 , and approx 1 week later - hand in your receipt that was given to you previously , and youll be given another form ( a bill ) which you must take to the cashiers window and then pay rp250000 , they will give you a recipt for your payment . Take this to the 1 st immigrasi officer to show youve paid , and he will tell you when to come back up to pick up your passport with the new visa extention stamped into it . Its usually the next day

Tip for you ..........if they say maybe your visa will be ready this afternoon - dont wait all day..., as it might not be either , just go next day , and 1st thing in the morning isnt wise either, as they do take a while to get thier sh*t together in the morning , and they also SHUT for lunch for 1 - 1.5 hrs , and finish early on fridays .

everything is the same almost for future extentions
    except - provide all copies of every renewal to the visa .., incl original arrival visa with all ongoing renewals
    renewal 2 you will also be photographed
    renewal 3 immigrassi will give you a letter and this must be taken by you ,and you will need to go to kantor hakam dan ham to prove authenticness of sponsors ktp , and give double copies of all paperwork on this renewal -
    renewal 4 you will be fingerprinted , and I think double copies again
    renewal 5 - you have high voltage electrodes fixed to you testicles - lol just joking ...,there is no renewal 5
    ;;;;;;;; sounds like heaps but its easier than it sounds .
    Last edited by davobali; 15-01-11 at 19:44. Reason: added passport photos info to requirements

GREAT reply Davo!

I have one question to make sure I understand it correctly. My wife live in Yogja can she be sponsor the for the SOSBUD and then when I come to bali she will move to Bali and then she can still be my sponsor with her new Kipam and then we can make the extensions in Bali?

Im not sure , Ive only ever done extentions in bali after the initial 2 months is up , and planned island hopping between extensions.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas_dk View Post
    ...My wife live in Yogja can she be sponsor the for the SOSBUD and then when I come to bali she will move to Bali and then she can still be my sponsor with her new Kipam and then we can make the extensions in Bali?
    I don't know about the Kipam , but you have about 50 days until the first extension , probably time enough for your wife to get the new KTP :
    http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...w-card-...-How
    And , if your sosbud visa comes without the sponsor's name printed in it , you can change the sponsor for the extension (I did it once) .

Another info about how to extend the visa :
    http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.org/showthread.php/3276-What-visa-to-get-for-the-whole-family-without-working?p=44029#post44029 , post no.94
    Last edited by marcus; 16-01-11 at 09:53.