Thanks for advice.
(1)and (2) because you never see this is not enough reason for not exist you are not source of information here.
(3) you just hear but I have been in court because some one buy around 2 milliard Rp from me and another 9 person then he wont give back our money but you know what happen just stay in police 7 days and then pay to police and court then he is so simple came out and still living out so happy for more detail I guess no need but if you want I'll tell story
(4) I am too
(5) I knew more than 35 foreigner very well maybe I know another 40 foreigner from far not so close with them.
(6) I guess this is my option and my choice I want read which forum or web even does not have benefit for me. you are not who give permit to people for read and write here.
(7) I dont know about you but in normal when people talking about bad experiences or share not good happen in past always their story or talking mix with that stress. actually now I am relax enough.
(8) this is good advice I am agree with you in this part
(9) what kind of details you need?
**** just as advice to all if you follow this forum advice must have patient and enough time also for doing every things about your visa or official things at last 5 months faster start because first month take time to make the governor understand you are not who pay extra money 1 months take time for they make your request inside the some problem 1 months take time for solve that problem they make for you last 2 months enough for your job done as normal.
and one more things most of indonesian governor (I say most not all) when see some foreigner they think you have allot of money and always they expect of you from that allot of money you share with them or give them untile they can buy blackberry and iphone and ipad and motorcycle and ....
Last edited by arenagreen; 17-08-12 at 19:28.
Thanks for advice.
Sergei - Your friendly neighborhood IT consultant.
I'm not arrogant or a know-it-all - I'm over-eager to help & not very good at writing humbly. Verify my answers!
I do not really understand what is your point ARENAGREEN. I have been following this forum for several years so far and still find it very helpful. I (STUPID ME) used to pay a lot of money to agents, who were working very slow and inefficient. Since I decided to do it myself I get everything I need without delays and problems. Of course, there is corruption - but look to so called civilized countries first before you blame a developing one. One advice: IF you come to the decision to do it on your own, stand up for your right and you will see how quick they process your applications.
I have several comments to make in response to recent postings om this thread.
1. Jakphil, how exactly did you achieve registration of your indonesian marriage (buku nikah?) with the British Embassy? I have had raging arguments with the Consulate in jakarta for many months now because they refuse point blank to issue the required Acknowledgement of Marriage without payment of a 750,000rp fee.
2. Most of the recent postings, it appears to me, not to relate to the actual Thread
3. Most of us are none too wise at the beginning as to what to do to protect our status while living in Indonesia. I guess we adopt the 'tourist' rather than the 'temporary visitor' attitude and it is only with the benefit of Forums like this one and networking with other ex pats that we become aware of what we must do and must not do to maintain our status in the country
4. There are still those within the system who are demanding underhand payments for the processing of immigration matters but on the whole, the system has significantly improved and we take on board our experience from point 3 to do it ourselves next time around
5. It is true to some extent that the Petugas in Immigration does not like the foreigner doing his own Application because the foreigner, in doing so, is most likely to be knowledgeable of the requirements, if not the complete procedure, and the Petugas must pretty much play 'by the book' and follow the process
6. I have also never heard of any actual crime to foreigners property while parked at an Immigration office, security and parking attendants abound. Damage to vehicles is most unlikely to be related to any immigration process
7. What I am aware of, and I am sure others are also, is the increase in street and road crime. Talking here of driving your motor cycle or car and stopped by fake police who either demand money or in effect kidnap you and dump you, happening to men and women, Indonesian women driving alone are easy prey. Most crimes go unreported
8. I am sure that there are good Visa Agents out there but unless in exceptional circumstances, it is best to do it yourself and follow the excellent guidelines of this Forum
9. Indonesia is not our country, not our culture, even though we live there and we must live by their laws, not the laws of our home country and sometimes things are very difficult to accept here with our western thinking. Adapatability and Flexibility are critical to living here and how we handle matters with officials, general public and not to mention family
Hi, been busy in the hols so bit tardy in replying. Just posting to say that I went to the polda and got the registration dealt with in about half an hour having paid the obligatory rp100.000. Next step Catatan Sipil.....can't wait. Hope all on here are enjoying the Idul Fitri break. Take care.
Hi, i´d like to know, if there is any restriction in age for the Kitas sponsored Istri? They told me, it´s not possible for people under 55?
Otherwise have to pay a lot. Thanks for your help.
Thanks for your answer. Is there any written text in a undang undang about this, because otherwise pejabat always wants to turn in his way. I´m defenetly not over 55, far away, that´s why they smell money.