Thread: Yoga in Jakarta?

Default Yoga in Jakarta?

Any of you ladies know a good, affordable place to take yoga in Jakarta? I have noticed a few places advertising yoga but can't tell if they're worth it.
    Ideally one with an instructor speaking a little English (or even French)?
    Thanks

how would you define "affordable"?

i believe there are plenty yoga studios in Kemang. and most major gym/fitness chains in Jakarta provide yoga/Pilates classes.

I usually refer to a magazine "Time Out Jakarta" for things like this. There's one at Rumah Yoga, my friend said it's affordable. I would love to try one, but still finding time slot within my schedule. At kemang, there are Iyengar Yoga, Bikhram Yoga. At mostly gym, they offer yoga class, with membership fee around IDR 450.000 and up per month.

oh the price for Bikhram yoga is IDR 110.000 per visit or less with membership. the instructor speaks english. mostly members are expatriate.

Workshop Yoga for Beginner in Kemang, South of Jakarta

Iyengar Yoga Intensive
    with Riana A. Singgih & Rita Kosasih

Date : 26 - 29 May 2011
    Time : 9am - 4pm
    Fee: Rp. 2.000.000 inclusive of tea break & lunch
    Vanue : Kemang Centre (Jl. Kemang Raya No 18 D)

*This intensive course is suitable to beginners and those who has not practice Iyengar Yoga before.
    Daily Schedule:
    09.00 - 09.45 Pranayama
    09.45 - 10.00 Break
    10.00 - 10.30 Yogasutra
    10.30 - 12.30 Asana Practice
    12:30 - 14.00 Lunch Break
    14.00 - 16.00 Theory & Asana Practice

More info please call 021-7193101 / 45869193

Celebrity Fitness has class for Yoga for free. But u need to be the member of CelFit (IDR 480k/month).

jnicc-indian cultural centre jakarta also offers yoga classes and i think its quite affordable..and they also have english speaking staff...

Jawaharlal Nehru Indian cultural centre (JNICC), embassy of India, Jakarta has been conducting Yoga classes for the last 20 years in the city of Jakarta. We are imparting Basic, Intermediate and advance yoga classes. More than 4000 students so far have learnt yoga from JNICC. Our yoga teachers have been highly skilled and professionals whose students have taken to running various professional yoga centers in the city.
    With our present yoga teacher Mr. Ravindranath Vempati, a yogic medical scholar from Gujarat Ayurved University, the only university in the world which is exclusively devoted for the ancient Indian medical sciences we propose to conduct various yoga workshops and Yoga health care programmes (YHC) which include the following:

1) Yoga for Corporate stress management (corporate yoga)
    2) Yoga for all health problems (including chronic medical problems)
    3) Yoga for children (kids yoga)
    4) Yoga for house wives (women yoga)
    5) Yoga for pregnant period (prenatal yoga)
    6) Yoga for occupational problems (ergo yoga)
    7) Yoga for fitness (Body balance Yoga)
    8) Yoga for students(to increase concentration, memory power and grasping powers)
    9) Yoga for prisoners
    10) Yoga for addicts (narcotic yoga)
    11) Others

We are willing to give a lecture cum demonstration along with the training at various locations in Jakarta and towns, cities and institutions of Indonesia to promote yoga awareness among Indonesians. Yoga is not a religion but a language which can communicate through the mind and body in a silent way.

We would be interested to know your response to have a workshop at your place.
    If interested, please contact us at [email protected] This e-mail address is being protected from spambots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it or on phone: 021-3155120; Fax: 021-3846755

and this is their facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jnicc-...31540403585949
    Last edited by paari_arora; 14-05-11 at 13:28.

the hottest one probably is birkram yoga at kemang it's the hot yoga [lol] and their price is quiet reasonable ;
    but you can try the yoga classes at gyms like celebrity fitness / fitness first ; monthly payment only + you can use the gym - facilities ...