Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to go in Halmahera for 9 March 2016 eclipse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to go in Halmahera for 9 March 2016 eclipse?

We checked with the Weda Resort but sadly, though not surprisingly, they are full from 5 to 12 March. Are there any other good places that might still have space for us to be there on the 9th of March? (Or even just semi-okay places - we are booking awfully late so are willing to compromise).

The alternative is Belitung - any suggestions for places to stay there?

Puspa,
    Youu may check the shark diving Indonesia in north ternate. They have basic accommodation mainly to cater scuba diver.
    Or alternatively Palu. There's nice diving resort in donggala 20 km from Palu. Beautiful white sand beach and amazing house reef. There are lot of backpacker accommodation too.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions! For some reason my husband doesn't want to go to Ternate (I have no idea why). Palu sounds like a good option. Does anybody know if there is anything on Mare?

Comment

have you checked this website

http://gerhana.langitselatan.com/en/...ernate-tidore/

lot of info TSE 2016 in Indonesia incl. accommodation and how to get there; incl. other places in Indonesia.

Comment

Originally posted by wisnupurwanto View Post
          have you checked this website

http://gerhana.langitselatan.com/en/...ernate-tidore/

lot of info TSE 2016 in Indonesia incl. accommodation and how to get there; incl. other places in Indonesia.
          Great site! No, I hadn't seen that. Thanks so much for passing it on.

Comment

Update - we have plane and hotel reservations for Belitung. If you go to Agoda, there seem to be plenty of hotel spaces in Belitung. That's somewhat surprising, but good from my perspective!

Comment

Working...
            X