PADI suggestions?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PADI suggestions?

While on vacation (pardon me, holiday) in Gili Air, I participated in a couple of scuba dives. Now, I'd like to go back into the water.

Any suggestions on a school or qualified individual in Jakarta?

If you are in jakarta for next 2 days, there is an exhibition at Jakarta Convention Center, Senayan. It's called Deep Extreme Expo 2015. There are many scuba schools open their stand there.

If budget is not your problem, you can go to http://www.bubblesdivecenter.com/padi-course. It has private pool instead some other school will use senayan or other pool for training.
    Last edited by hamrio; 01-05-15, 18:26.

Comment

Awesome. I will go to the Expo to check it out.

p.s. Money is *always* a problem

Comment

Hotel Kristal in South Jakarta used to have a dive shop and they offered Padi courses. Don't know if they still do. They use the pool at the hotel.
        "[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica Neue]I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.[/FONT][/COLOR]"
        George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Kristal Klear Divers are still going and were at the show.

Comment

Originally posted by quantumFog View Post
            Awesome. I will go to the Expo to check it out.

p.s. Money is *always* a problem
            if the money is the problem, maybe you can try different diving school such as cmas or raid. I think both of them is cheaper than PADI.

Comment

Originally posted by hamrio View Post
              if the money is the problem, maybe you can try different diving school such as cmas or raid. I think both of them is cheaper than PADI.
              To be honest, I'm not familiar with those organizations. I will take a look.

Comment

Originally posted by hamrio View Post
                PADI is a diving certification - Not a club

Comment

Don't scrimp on your Open Water course so you know how to dive responsibly. Save up as much as you can and go with highly qualified and possibly more expensive instructor.
                  For Jakarta, DiveMaster, Seapearl, and Whale Dive centers were the ones recommended to me by several experienced divers. I ended up taking my OW course with another DC that was decent, but they don't speak English.

Noticed there were very cheap OW courses offered at the expo. Good luck.

Comment

You are right. The last thing I want going through my head as I succumb to the affects of ear barotrauma is how much money I saved by going on the cheap.

Originally posted by kittikat View Post
                    Don't scrimp on your Open Water course so you know how to dive responsibly. Save up as much as you can and go with highly qualified and possibly more expensive instructor.
                    For Jakarta, DiveMaster, Seapearl, and Whale Dive centers were the ones recommended to me by several experienced divers. I ended up taking my OW course with another DC that was decent, but they don't speak English.

Noticed there were very cheap OW courses offered at the expo. Good luck.

Comment

Try this one when you're in Bali: http://www.balireefdivers.com/

Owned and managed by a good friend.

Comment

I did my courses with Dive master. Very good. I did open water and the advanced with them.

After you take the course, they will offer discount in the shop. Even now 7 years later i still get discount. They have a good deep pool, and are located close to kamang.
                        [COLOR=#ff0000]Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds[/COLOR]. Albert Einstein

Comment

OMG, I never think about it before

Comment

Originally posted by ScooterIndo View Post
                            PADI is a diving certification - Not a club
                            I mean the organization. As far as I know, the license fee for each organization is different.

Originally posted by quantumFog View Post
                            To be honest, I'm not familiar with those organizations. I will take a look.
                            In Jakarta, if I'm not mistaken. There are 4 well known organization for scuba diving, NAUI, CMAS, PADI and SSI. RAID just came to Jakarta not so long ago. You can browse between them and try to find suitable teaching method or material that suit you best.

Comment

Working...
                            X