Mayweather vs Pacquiao

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayweather vs Pacquiao

hey any know where to watch the biggest fight in boxing history, any boxing fans sorting some gathering somewhere or bar perhaps that will display it? or is boxing not that big over here.

Boxing is big here and most of the big fights are shown live. I believe the Mayweather vs. Pacquiao fight is being shown live on local provider TVOne. Here's hoping Pacquiao knocks him out
    Vengeance is mine; I will repay.

Comment

I think Murphy's in Kemang are showing it on their big screen as per what popped up on Facebook at one stage. Maybe check to make sure.
      "[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica Neue]I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.[/FONT][/COLOR]"
      George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Is TVOne definitely showing the fight? If so it may go some way towards restoring my faith in such a one sided, biased, shameless pile of crud station

Comment

I also really hope that Manny will put an end to Mayweather's carrier in the same way he did with the one of De La Hoya or Ricky Hatton a few years ago.

In the fight with Oscar De la Hoya, one of the greatest boxer of all time, Pacquiao has embarrassed him throughout the fight. I remember it pretty well and I felt really pity for the Golden Boy at the time. Pacquiao's speed and precision reduced him to the role of being a sparring partner and forced him to end the fight after just 8 rounds on the advice of his coach and after that the referee warned that he may stop the fight due the number of heavy punches received by De la Hoya.

I still remember the words of advice that we could hear live on TV which sounded like "He's too fast. There's no reason to continue, better to give up". It was a wise decision and avoided Oscar the humiliation to crawl on the floor.

A couple of year earlier De La Hoya already registered a defeat against... Mayweather. However the fight had nothing in common with the one against Manny. Mayweather only won after a split decision and it was pretty tight. De la Hoya landed a few clean shots I wouldn't have volunteered to receive and which certainly didn't do Mayweather any good.

The next fight of Mayweather was against Hatton some time in late 2007 or 2008 and it's only near the end (10th or 11th round) that Mayweather won with a technical KO.

Hatton who was undefeated before fighting Mayweather then planned a fight against... Pacquiao, a year or so after. Manny ended up beating him up furiously in just two devastating rounds after having send him to the ground twice in the first round! It was again painful to see another boxing legend being that badly punished by the speed, accuracy and agility of Manny.

I think that anyone who loves boxing has dreamed for years to see both Pacquiao and Mayweather fighting each other. It's still hard for me to believe that it is happening considering that they kept cancelling the negociations. It's perhaps a bit sad that it happens that late in their respective carrier but there is no doubt that it is gonna be one of the greatest fight ever considering the qualities and abilities of both fighters.

And yes, TV One is the official broadcaster for Indonesia. Let's then hope that they will allow us to watch it.

Comment

Apparently all seats for this fight sold out in 1 minute !

The biggest fight I can remember in a long, long time.

Comment

Originally posted by londo_edan View Post
              Apparently all seats for this fight sold out in 1 minute !

The biggest fight I can remember in a long, long time.
              When I was a young lad the heavyweights dominated the news but not any more. The Ali/Frazer fights were epic.
              "[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica Neue]I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.[/FONT][/COLOR]"
              George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Does anyone. Know of a bar that will be showing this fight?

Comment

Originally posted by lantern View Post
                  When I was a young lad the heavyweights dominated the news but not any more. The Ali/Frazer fights were epic.
                  I remember the Ali fights but I was a bit too young to appreciate them.

The fights I remember were those involving Lloyd Honeyghan and of course Tyson.

Watching Tyson fight, in his pomp, was for me a really scary gig, but no-one I knew ever missed one of his bouts, at least until the Buster fight in Japan. I didn't smile once during his cameo in the first Hangover movie .

I've seen Pacquiao a few times and he's fantastic, really fast. Plus he seems to be a real stand-up guy in public life.
                  Last edited by londo_edan; 24-04-15, 18:48.

Comment

Sunday 3rd May at 8.00 am on TVOne

I guess there will be a few prelim fights and a lot of promo stuff with the main event starting around 10 or 11.

Comment

Boxing hasn't excited me in a long time. I look at the long term brain damage it's done to many of the greats, Ali, Balboa, etc.
                      Sasa Bule is having a bayi!

Comment

Originally posted by Finlay23 View Post
                        Does anyone. Know of a bar that will be showing this fight?
                        Alot of the bars will show this fight, I know it will be on in Aphrodite.
                        [COLOR=#ff0000]Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds[/COLOR]. Albert Einstein

Comment

Is it on Cable TVOne or the normal terrestrial TVOne? Or both?

Expected fight time is 8am or 10am?

Are we sure it is not some kind of pay to view service?

Comment

I'm not sure how it works but on an antenna I think it will be on TvOne, but if its cable and another provider is showing tbe fight then all bets are ore off.

Here in Bali, local bars are advertising 9 (8 WIB) but there will be loads of stuff before the actual fight starts.

PPV in the states, but not necessarily here.

One thing I learnt this week was that Mayweather has been prosecuted 5 times for spousal abuse. That must be some sort of record. I hope Paquiao wipes the floor with him.

Comment

Originally posted by londo_edan View Post
                              Apparently all seats for this fight sold out in 1 minute.
                              Now all the scalpers that bought those tickets, are trying to dump them, as there aren't many buyers, even at face value.
                              Sasa Bule is having a bayi!

Comment

Working...
                              X