Your Favorite Golf Course in Jakarta?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Favorite Golf Course in Jakarta?

If you are a golfer who lives in Jakarta, what is your usual place to play golf? Why do you like it?

Hi booker76, you play golf or only driving?
    If you do driving, Senayan Driving Range and Pondok Indah Driving Range are the best place
    But if you wan to play golf, there are some option like Pondok Indah, Sawarna (near airport) and PIK
    If you want to play golf simulator, you can go to Bellagio in Mega Kuningan

Comment

Are you asking for a reason or is this the beginnings of a sales pitch?

Comment

I need the cheap one with no membership required.. Any info?

Comment

Originally posted by jimmi james View Post
          Are you asking for a reason or is this the beginnings of a sales pitch?
          I don't follow you.... Sales pitch for WHAT??? I'm not a salesman for sure.... I don't work for any golf courses in Indonesia.

No need for being suspicious.... this is just a simple question.
          Last edited by booker76; 04-10-14, 11:09.

Comment

Which is why I asked.

MissNaughty, most golf courses in Jakarta allow non members to play. A cheap course is at Fatmawati.

Comment

Originally posted by booker76 View Post
              I don't follow you....
              It is common for "stealth advertising" to be done by someone who starts a thread with the post: "What is your favorite [restaurant, brand of condom, vacation getaway, whatever]?"

A shill/sock then comes in to post, "Why, [name of particular restaurant, brand of condom, vacation getaway, whatever], of course! I just LOVE it!!!!"

That explains JJ's question.

Comment

Which is why I asked.

MissNaughty, most golf courses in Jakarta allow non members to play. A cheap course is at Fatmawati.

Comment

Originally posted by Puspawarna View Post
                  It is common for "stealth advertising" to be done by someone who starts a thread with the post: "What is your favorite [restaurant, brand of condom, vacation getaway, whatever]?"

A shill/sock then comes in to post, "Why, [name of particular restaurant, brand of condom, vacation getaway, whatever], of course! I just LOVE it!!!!"

That explains JJ's question.
                  You know this because you have done it before? Sorry I'm not a marketing guy so I'm not familiar with that "stealth advertising".

If the same like asking "what is your favorite brand of shoes" or "what is your favorite brand of car". Well I don't know it's called "stealth advertising" until you mentioned it.

Comment

Originally posted by booker76 View Post
                    You know this because you have done it before? Sorry I'm not a marketing guy so I'm not familiar with that "stealth advertising".
                    I know this beyond a shadow of a doubt because I spent two and a half years moderating here, and as a mod I had access to information that proved this MO was being used - on enough occasions that the pattern became quite clear. Many among general membership, like JJ, are aware of this MO too - it's often comically clear what's happening, you don't need special X-ray mod glasses to figure it out, just to collect the evidence that proves it.

I wasn't trying to pick on you - I just wanted to offer an explanation, since you said you did not "follow" what JJ was saying, I thought I'd help you out. Apologies if it came across as irritating.
                    Last edited by Puspawarna; 04-10-14, 15:21.

Comment

Try offering some content of you own. I like such and such a course because of A, B and C. Asking for an opinion without bothering to offer anything yourself is generally considered rude and lazy. If you a new to Jakarta and have no idea then telk us about your favourite courses in UK or korea or wherever.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmi james View Post

Do you play?

Comment

Yes, badly.

Comment

Do you play often?

Comment

... and did I ever send you a "love letter" to your full inbox?

Comment

Working...
                              X