Women Ice Hockey Community

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women Ice Hockey Community

Hi Guys... My name is Catherine and I’m Indonesian, currently living in Jakarta, and I PLAY ICE HOCKEY! And yes, we do have ice hockey for all gender here in Indonesia, in case you are u haven’t notice

Other than me, we also have some more Indonesian girls who play ice hockey regularly, but not quite enough to build a team yet. We are currently looking for more girls to play with us, n hopefully will soon be enough to build our own women's team. There’s no age limit for this, we welcome anyone in any age, both Indonesian or expats!

*I’m personally looking for women to join us, but in case u are a man, we’d also love to have u on the ice*

For this moment, we have 2 rinks where we can actually do hockey around Jakarta. The first one is Sky Rink, which take place at Taman Anggrek Mall, West Jakarta, and the second one is BX Rink, at Bintaro Jaya Xchange Mall, Bintaro Sektor 7, Tangerang. For more info about the location, please check out their website :
    - www.skyrinkjakarta.com
    - www.bxrink.com

For more info about the women ice hockey community, u can also check out this page : http://www.facebook.com/womenicehockeyindonesia

If u or anyone u know is interested in joining our ice hockey pratices & games, please don’t hesitate to contact me
    Catherine - 0813 1144 7369 (also available in whatsapp)

- sincerely-

Ooh, Chicks with Sticks!

Good luck on building teams. I'd go see a game just to get out of the heat!
    Sasa Bule is having a bayi!

Comment

As a fan of Women's Hockey and a viewer of hundreds of games since it's in the high schools and with younger youth teams back home, I wish you the best of luck with your search for players and the establishment of teams. While looking for players for now, why not approach some younger girls and see if you can get an interest going at a younger age and develop that.
      [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Some love to milk Apostate.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Jaime C View Post
        Ooh, Chicks with Sticks!

Good luck on building teams. I'd go see a game just to get out of the heat!
        Originally posted by fastpitch17 View Post
        As a fan of Women's Hockey and a viewer of hundreds of games since it's in the high schools and with younger youth teams back home, I wish you the best of luck with your search for players and the establishment of teams. While looking for players for now, why not approach some younger girls and see if you can get an interest going at a younger age and develop that.
        Thx a lot for the support Guys! Appreciate it

As for the younger girls matter, yes, the coach in charge said we have 2 young girls joining our morning practices at Taman Anggrek Mall at sunday morning. We sure will approach as many girls as possible. We also will start workin on the practices for beginnners as soona s we can

Comment

The biggest obstacle I foresee is the skating. I would think you would be hard pressed to find enough girls (or boys) that can ice skate. Girls at a younger age dream more of figure skating then Ice Hockey unless their from an Ice Hockey area. Once you can find a group of young girls your first order may just be to teach them how to skate. Then you can teach hockey. Starting with younger girls will give them the opportunity to spend more time together and gel as a team. You should also look for at least twice as many girls as you plan because, well, they should have another team to play against. Good luck.

Comment

The biggest obstacle I foresee is the skating. I would think you would be hard pressed to find enough girls (or boys) that can ice skate. Girls at a younger age dream more of figure skating then Ice Hockey unless their from an Ice Hockey area. Once you can find a group of young girls your first order may just be to teach them how to skate. Then you can teach hockey. Starting with younger girls will give them the opportunity to spend more time together and gel as a team. You should also look for at least twice as many girls as you plan because, well, they should have another team to play against. Good luck.
            I realize that maybe skating would first need to be taught. But I think we can have a special practice for skating too, even in private, since we have hockey coaches available
            Even some girls who are in hockey now wouldn't mind staying with the new to teach them. ^^

Comment

Funny seeing you here, Cath lol
              Based on my experience coaching, the biggest obstacle would be fitting the kids' hectic school schedule plus whatever after-school courses their parents are forcing them to take. This will affect the second problem: expensive ice time. Let's say you have a group of 10 kids and 3 of them bailed out all of a sudden, in most cases not all of the remaining party wants to pay the extra cost.

We need more expat kids, perhaps a couple who already has some basics to kickstart things

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Shu View Post
                Funny seeing you here, Cath lol
                Based on my experience coaching, the biggest obstacle would be fitting the kids' hectic school schedule plus whatever after-school courses their parents are forcing them to take. This will affect the second problem: expensive ice time. Let's say you have a group of 10 kids and 3 of them bailed out all of a sudden, in most cases not all of the remaining party wants to pay the extra cost.

We need more expat kids, perhaps a couple who already has some basics to kickstart things
                OH HIIII...! hahahaha... Yea, desparately lookin for a girl teammate :P

Yeap, those too r problems. Even in my case, its hard to fits the time schedule. Gotta have a big rush every tuesday n thursday so I can reach TA on time *no thx to jakarta's super traffic* ^^a

N that's the purpose of this thread, getting expat kids Seen boys coming, n getting even more now a days, so I thought, why not look for girls too If u still coach there in the school once u mentioned, please ask some girls to join too?

Comment

Doh.. If I have female students, you'd be the the first one to know, Cath lol
                  I'm not coaching right now, too stressful hahahah

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Shu View Post
                    Doh.. If I have female students, you'd be the the first one to know, Cath lol
                    I'm not coaching right now, too stressful hahahah
                    Stressful? Why??
                    Should we go to some random school n promote ice hockey there?

Comment

Originally posted by Catherine Ge View Post
                      Stressful? Why??
                      Should we go to some random school n promote ice hockey there?
                      Why random? Make a list of the schools that may have the most candidates for your undertakings. Go visit all of them and propose what you would like to do and see what interest there is. Girls need to know what is out there for them before they can be interested. Girls also need to know there are opportunities in sports for them and that it's not just a boy thing. Girl's athletics are much more competitive then boys. There is more determination to be good at what you are undertaking. Plus, girls seem to have better time management so they can get in their academic work and compete in a sport. You won't get the team/s unless you go out and let them know what is out there.

Comment

Why random? Make a list of the schools that may have the most candidates for your undertakings. Go visit all of them and propose what you would like to do and see what interest there is. Girls need to know what is out there for them before they can be interested. Girls also need to know there are opportunities in sports for them and that it's not just a boy thing. Girl's athletics are much more competitive then boys. There is more determination to be good at what you are undertaking. Plus, girls seem to have better time management so they can get in their academic work and compete in a sport. You won't get the team/s unless you go out and let them know what is out there.
                        That's a super great idea actually... If the time is right for me to go (as I'm cant find out some time at the moment to visit school in their operational time), absolutely gonna make a team to do that!

Comment

Working...
                        X