Lukisan Gombal (Quilt Painting) , Painting technique with fabric scraps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lukisan Gombal (Quilt Painting) , Painting technique with fabric scraps

Hi all, i just want to introduce a new technique of painting by my friend Mr Didit Sardjo, it is called Lukisan Gombal (Quilt Painting). it is a painting not with the usual paint,but using used fabric /cloth scraps.

Lukisan means painting in indonesian,and Gombal in javanese language means scrap fabric, so the name it self describe the techniques he uses in painting Lukisan Gombal.

For this new technique Mr Didit has earn an Intellectual property rights from Indonesian department of Law dan Right (Departemen Hukum dan Hak Asasi) as shown below

this is my friend Mr Didit Sardjo

Please watch the video,it will explain more of his unique technique,it's just about 9 minutes,but i assure you,it won't be a waste of time

I am convinced this new art will be known through out the world,and i hope by introducing this to all of you will make that happen.

if you have friends that's interested in this kind of art please let me know,i will introduce them to Mr Didit,

You can email us at : [email protected]

thank you all,have a pleasant day
    Last edited by Lukisan Gombal; 20-12-13, 09:50.

Bravo! looks very nice indeed

Comment

Originally posted by wombat View Post
      Bravo! looks very nice indeed
      thanks wombat , hope everyone feels the same about it

Comment

So all those girls were calling me a quilt ??

Comment

You are different kind of quilt, Scoot.
          Words can inspire, thoughts can provoke, but only action can get you closer to your dreams.

Comment

Originally posted by Alia View Post
            You are different kind of quilt, Scoot.
            Apa ?? warm, snuggly, and look great on your bed maksudnya ??

Comment

Originally posted by ScooterIndo View Post
              So all those girls were calling me a quilt ??
              living quilt? Selimut hidup maksudnya

Comment

Originally posted by Lukisan Gombal View Post
                living quilt? Selimut hidup maksudnya
                Selimut -thats the word i use for the cover on my bed, Gombal is the word girls used to use (sometimes) when i tried to get them under that selimut.
                Hence the sudden realisation that Gombal actually means quilt (baru tau deh gue) for the last 19 years i thought it meant bullshiter

Comment

It means both, Scoot. Bullshiter and quilt. Usually we use for lap lap meja and the like.
                  You are good with words, I cant blame all those girls calling you gombal.

And I watched the video, its nice indeed ! Thanks for sharing with us, Gombal.
                  Words can inspire, thoughts can provoke, but only action can get you closer to your dreams.

Comment

Selimut -thats the word i use for the cover on my bed, Gombal is the word girls used to use (sometimes) when i tried to get them under that selimut.
                    Hence the sudden realisation that Gombal actually means quilt (baru tau deh gue) for the last 19 years i thought it meant bullshiter
                    Well actually the terms quilt painting doesn't literally come from the translation,its just a name that mr didit choose to explain in english for the 'bule'.

but in your case the gombal word really fit though, nge-gombal can really means to bullshit girls to get them in bed with you haha ,No offense scoot, i assume you are really a sweet talker with girls,and they don't event bother or realize to call you gombal in the process. you should watch this dude bro : The bold guy ,you remind me of this character a lot,he almost always succeed in sweet talking all the ladies,from yoga girls,to beach girl

Originally posted by Alia View Post
                    It means both, Scoot. Bullshiter and quilt. Usually we use for lap lap meja and the like.
                    You are good with words, I cant blame all those girls calling you gombal.

And I watched the video, its nice indeed ! Thanks for sharing with us, Gombal.
                    thanks for watching alia ,really appreciate it

Comment

I taught him everything he knows

Comment

I taught him everything he knows
                        no wonder

Comment

Working...
                        X