Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey judylin,
    The more the merrier i guess?
    In case you are wondering where to get art and painting supplies, I found a good shop selling a wide range of those stuff at Jl Ampera Raya directly opposite "Arsip Keadilan" building. Shop name is Aneka Warna. Quality is also great and much cheaper than at Gramedia bookshops at the malls. Not sure the exact address but i'll post again when i have it.
    Hi, Chomel! Sorry for my late respond. Thank you for giving the greetings and recommendation. The shop is worth to visit. I can't wait for the meet up.

Judylin,

It does not take much to start drawing. Even a pen and paper would do. I can show you some of my sketches in pen to help inspire you up. Depending on the medium, painting can also be quick and easy to start without too much investment in equipment. Water color for example is cheap. Even acrylic painting is not that expensive, but you would need to invest in an easel, a palette, some brushes and of course some paints.

You will be notified when the group is to meet but you are now on the list. BTW, whereabout are you? In Jakarta? If so, north east south or west? Knowing residence of all the member of the group would help selecting a convenient meeting venue.
    I'll be delighted to see your sketches. I also love drawing sketches. I used to do oil painting during high school (just for fun, I didn't particularly study the techniques). In University, I didn't touch canvass, I used water color, pencil, pastel, and did mural. Recently, I started working, I haven't had the chance to do my old hobby. That's why I'm glad finding your post. I've already PM you. The best time for me to gather with the members is weekend. I'll be happy receiving any news from you.

True that it doesn't take much to start. Even an easel is optional imo... I've always liked acrylics. Its water based and dries quickly. Great for "quickie" paintings. I've only just started to dabble in oils... So far I liked it very much. Easier to blend (on canvas), and the finished product is nicer than acrylics. Except that it takes longer to dry. The smell of turpentine is kinda too strong for me though. Wonder if there are other options besides using turpentine for cleaning the brushes?
    I guess you like impressionism drawing style? I'm looking forward to seeing your paintings.
    So, you're going to Singapore soon. Have a nice trip then.

Comment

Originally posted by judylin View Post
      Hi, Chomel! Sorry for my late respond. Thank you for giving the greetings and recommendation. The shop is worth to visit. I can't wait for the meet up

I guess you like impressionism drawing style? I'm looking forward to seeing your paintings.
      So, you're going to Singapore soon. Have a nice trip then.
      lol i've yet to find my "style". I wonder if combining genres is the thing to do..
      Looking into impressionist / realism
      I'd be happy to share with u what I've done so far...once i figure out how to post pics here lol.
      oh thanks judlylin, will only fly in mid august...so theres about a month to kill...

Comment

Hi everyone,

We are planning to have an art group meeting on 6/7th August weekend. If you are an art enthusiast and/or practitioner, and is interested, please drop me a PM.

Wombat

Comment

Hi everyone, I'm a little bit too late to the forum, was just wondering if you guys ended having the meeting, if so how did it go? I'm really interested to come next time and make some friends.

Comment

Nobita,

No, you are not too late. The August plan did not happen. We are now planning to meet in September. I am in the process of contacting all interested parties, voting on possible dates and venues. See this thread:

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...me-and-join-us!

Send me a PM if you are interested.

Cheers,
            Wombat

Originally posted by nobita View Post
            Hi everyone, I'm a little bit too late to the forum, was just wondering if you guys ended having the meeting, if so how did it go? I'm really interested to come next time and make some friends.

Comment

Harry,

Your work is impressive. Are you interested in joining a casual non-paid meet of art enthusiast?

Wombat

Originally posted by romseskype
              Hi, my name is Harry. an Indonesian artist living in South Jakarta. I specialize in portrait art, with a range of styles for pencil and oil paintings.

My services include:
              - portrait commissions from your photos
              - Live Drawing
              - Art lessons for all levels and ages. I can teach at your home.

My portfolio : romseskype.deviantart.com

Comment

Hi Wombat, thanks. Yes i am interesting to join. If you don't mind please let me know the place and date/time to my e-mail: [email protected] or [email protected]. YM: [email protected]. My mobile number is : +62 812 98 477957.

Comment

Harry,

Please follow this thread. I will annouce the date and venue there:

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...me-and-join-us!

Thanks
                  Wombat

Originally posted by romseskype View Post
                  Hi Wombat, thanks. Yes i am interesting to join. If you don't mind please let me know the place and date/time to my e-mail: [email protected] or [email protected]. YM: [email protected]. My mobile number is : +62 812 98 477957.

Comment

Hi,
                    U can join painting class at Hadiprana Art Centre - Kemang
                    Mitra Hadiprana Boutique Mall Lt. 2
                    Jl. Kemang Raya No. 30 - Jakarta Selatan Telp. (021) 7196354
                    email : [email protected]
                    http://www.hadiprana-artcentre.com/about-us.html

It's nearby ur house, right ?

Have a nice time for painting course

Cheers,

Comment

i would like to join

greeting for all member already in this painting class

i would like to join, pls give me 1 seat

thanks

Comment

Crikey, why didn't I think of that. Thanks, Victoria.
                        sigpic

Comment

I am very keen on joining this group. I am a self taught artist from India. Pls contact me on [email protected]

Originally posted by wombat View Post
                          Chomel and Suzy89,

Are you guys still interested in joining art/painting class? Me and one other member here is thinking of forming a art/painting group. The idea is not to form art classes as such but just a gathering of painting enthusiasts to paint together, share techniques and tips together and perhaps chat over a cup of tea or two.

wombat

Comment

Hi. Is anyone still doing drawing or painting? Please pm me

Comment

Working...
                            X