Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello :) Looking for Art / Painting classes

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hello :) Looking for Art / Painting classes

    Hi All


    I'm a newbie in Jakarta. Just arrived this month with hubby who is being relocated here. We are staying in Kemang Timur at the moment.

    I'm an avid self taught painter, currently doing decorative / realist paintings in acrylics.

    Wondering if anyone here has any info on art / painting classes or groups that i can join? I'm quite proficient in Bah. Indonesia so it does not matter if the classes / groups are in Indonesian or English.
    Thanks in advance

  • #2
    I have a same /similar question..^^ And I also live in Kemang. ( Kemang Utara ). Well, I am trying to find a teacher for my 9 years old daughter, and I just posted a thread today. BUt in a meantime, next week when kids go back to the school, I will ask there art teacher whether he knows any club/class for you..Good Luck.

    Comment


    • #3
      Chomel and Suzy89,

      Are you guys still interested in joining art/painting class? Me and one other member here is thinking of forming a art/painting group. The idea is not to form art classes as such but just a gathering of painting enthusiasts to paint together, share techniques and tips together and perhaps chat over a cup of tea or two.

      wombat

      Comment


      • #4
        Hi Wombat , Suzy89,

        sorry i took so long to reply...was away from Jakarta and just got back. Love your idea Wombat and yes I would certainly love to join the groups .
        Let me know the details

        Comment


        • #5
          Hi everybody!
          If you have plan to create a group, could I also join? I like drawing and painting, but currently I don't have the equipments with me. I've just moved recently.
          I think it'll be great to have friends with same interest and hobby.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by judylin View Post
            Hi everybody!
            If you have plan to create a group, could I also join? I like drawing and painting, but currently I don't have the equipments with me. I've just moved recently.
            I think it'll be great to have friends with same interest and hobby.
            Hey judylin,
            The more the merrier i guess?
            In case you are wondering where to get art and painting supplies, I found a good shop selling a wide range of those stuff at Jl Ampera Raya directly opposite "Arsip Keadilan" building. Shop name is Aneka Warna. Quality is also great and much cheaper than at Gramedia bookshops at the malls. Not sure the exact address but i'll post again when i have it.

            Comment


            • #7
              Judylin,

              It does not take much to start drawing. Even a pen and paper would do. I can show you some of my sketches in pen to help inspire you up. Depending on the medium, painting can also be quick and easy to start without too much investment in equipment. Water color for example is cheap. Even acrylic painting is not that expensive, but you would need to invest in an easel, a palette, some brushes and of course some paints.

              You will be notified when the group is to meet but you are now on the list. BTW, whereabout are you? In Jakarta? If so, north east south or west? Knowing residence of all the member of the group would help selecting a convenient meeting venue.


              Originally posted by judylin View Post
              Hi everybody!
              If you have plan to create a group, could I also join? I like drawing and painting, but currently I don't have the equipments with me. I've just moved recently.
              I think it'll be great to have friends with same interest and hobby.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by wombat View Post
                Judylin,

                It does not take much to start drawing. Even a pen and paper would do. I can show you some of my sketches in pen to help inspire you up. Depending on the medium, painting can also be quick and easy to start without too much investment in equipment. Water color for example is cheap. Even acrylic painting is not that expensive, but you would need to invest in an easel, a palette, some brushes and of course some paints.
                .
                True that it doesn't take much to start. Even an easel is optional imo... I've always liked acrylics. Its water based and dries quickly. Great for "quickie" paintings. I've only just started to dabble in oils... So far I liked it very much. Easier to blend (on canvas), and the finished product is nicer than acrylics. Except that it takes longer to dry. The smell of turpentine is kinda too strong for me though. Wonder if there are other options besides using turpentine for cleaning the brushes?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Chomel View Post
                  True that it doesn't take much to start. Even an easel is optional imo... I've always liked acrylics. Its water based and dries quickly. Great for "quickie" paintings. I've only just started to dabble in oils... So far I liked it very much. Easier to blend (on canvas), and the finished product is nicer than acrylics. Except that it takes longer to dry. The smell of turpentine is kinda too strong for me though. Wonder if there are other options besides using turpentine for cleaning the brushes?
                  There are odourless brush cleaners. I think Winsor Newton makes them too. Have a look at your local art supplier.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Oil Painting anyone?

                    I took a few classes of oil painting and all my equipments are not with me. Is there a studio/class that provide oil painting classes & equipment that I can take here? I would be interested to join in any organized class/sessions, for oil & acrylic.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by girlnextdoor View Post
                      I took a few classes of oil painting and all my equipments are not with me. Is there a studio/class that provide oil painting classes & equipment that I can take here? I would be interested to join in any organized class/sessions, for oil & acrylic.
                      Hello girlnextdoor ..
                      We are actually planning on forming an art group. Maybe Wombat can fill u in with the details. Whereabouts in Jakarta are u?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Hi Chomel

                        I'm staying near Plaza Indonesia. Please drop me a note on the details. Thanks!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          girlnextdoor,

                          I am coordinating a group which at this point consist of 4 people. With the addition of yourself, there will be 5 people. Our first group meeting is planned for mid to late August. I will send PM's to you and the others about the plan.

                          Cheers.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Any chance for an earlier group meeting? I miss painting! Is this oil painting and is this a one-day class/session or is it going to be a one month course?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              girlnextdoor,

                              Its not a painting class / session but rather (to quote wombat), a gathering of painting enthusiasts to paint together, share techniques and tips together and perhaps chat over a cup of tea or two.
                              Personally I dont mind an earlier meeting - as I might not be available for the planned 1st meeting between mid to late Aug. I'll be flying to Singapore for 2 weeks .Will be back early sept.
                              Lets see what the others have to say...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X