Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorcycle trips

Hi there,

I got my first proper motorcycle last year & have done a few solo trips. So far I've biked to Ujon Kulon, Purwakarta, Bandung & Bogor.I've noticed that biking is much more fun in company. So I'm asking to see if anyone is keen to go on some weekend trips out of Jakarta???
    Cheers
    ​​​​Matt

Jogjakarta in a week is great to explore by motorbike

Comment

hello matt! i just wanna ask...do u own the motorcycle or it is owned by "local indonesian"? i wanna buy an old vespa when i am there (start of 2018)

Comment

Hi matt!  Just read your post here.  I also have the same hobby of road tripping with motorcycle.  I agree with you its best to do it in company and i'm looking for company too.  You could pm me and meet afterwards. Let me know!

Comment

Hey... Whats up with all the numbers in my post?

Comment

If any of you guys would like to have an Enduro bike ride through the forest and don't mind the mud and eat local food in local 'kampung' houses, hit me up.

Oh I live in Jakarta, and the places I go with my enduro bike is only couple of hours ride from Jakarta, but you'll be amazed how it is these places are so close with the capital city but yet some places doesn't have electricity yet.

I've always do this trip every other weekend, and sometimes I take a backpack full of things that I could share with the people I found a long the way (way out of public roads, deep into the hills/forest).

Comment

Originally posted by black0psrnr View Post
              If any of you guys would like to have an Enduro bike ride through the forest and don't mind the mud and eat local food in local 'kampung' houses, hit me up.

Oh I live in Jakarta, and the places I go with my enduro bike is only couple of hours ride from Jakarta, but you'll be amazed how it is these places are so close with the capital city but yet some places doesn't have electricity yet.

I've always do this trip every other weekend, and sometimes I take a backpack full of things that I could share with the people I found a long the way (way out of public roads, deep into the hills/forest).
              Me too. I tried going down a number of tiny paths around Banten and Karawang and it is amazing how near very undeveloped areas can be to major cities.

I'm into the idea of having some tour buddies too. I'd be happy to get a PM if a small group has a plan to leave from around the Jakarta area.

Comment

I own a 250 d tracker. If you are planning a trip and do not mind, count me in :-)

Comment

Originally posted by tomasturtle View Post
                  Me too. I tried going down a number of tiny paths around Banten and Karawang and it is amazing how near very undeveloped areas can be to major cities.

I'm into the idea of having some tour buddies too. I'd be happy to get a PM if a small group has a plan to leave from around the Jakarta area.
                  I'll let you guys know, been busy moving to new house, but will have a trip real soon.

Cheers,
                  B

Comment

Here we go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you are like me, and have been motorcycle touring, or just driving around town, you will have noticed that Google Maps is totally useless for driving anywhere within about 100km of a toll road since the off line setting has no option for "avoid toll roads", meanwhile, using the data on the phone for Google maps costs up to 2,000Rp/Km which adds up to a trip to the beach costing about $15 to 25. Rather silly. Instead, try...

Here we go app

I've been testing it the last two weeks an it is amazing. It's basically Google Maps but it works totally off line including all the options you'll want like "avoid toll roads" and "avoid unpaved roads". Here makes the on board navigation devices for high-end luxury cars, but the app is free to download. The interface is also, I'd a say a little better than Google Maps since the colors are darker and easier to see under the blaring sun and the map is slightly schematized so the map is a little neater and easier to read in navigation mode. The only drawbacks I see are that the map is updated every six months as opposed to Google Maps which is monthly, and you have to download the whole map of Indonesia which is 750 MB. Be that as it may, Here we go made navigation possible as I've found Google Maps' lack of off-line "avoid toll roads" and the cost of data makes it basically unusable.

If you try out Here we go app, you can also log in and use it online to get a few extra features and then go off-line for travel. For motorcycle touring I am so far giving this nav app an A plus plus plus. Let me know your impressions...

Comment

Working...
                    X