Hiking around Puncak area?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiking around Puncak area?

Hey all, I have been itching to get out of the city these last few weekends and a good day hike sounds excellent.

Does anyone know of any good spots outside Jakarta or in the Puncak area for a good day hike or walk? Would love to get out in some fresh air and vegetation.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Perkebunan teh Puncak

Comment

How about Cikole in Bandung? Or you can go to Kawah Putih, also nearby Bandung. I think they're great, you can google to find some informations.

Comment

I did a write up a couple years ago about hiking in Sentul. It's closer than Puncak and it's really great.

Check it out!

Comment

Thanks for the tips, guys. Much appreciated!

El Goretto, awesome photos! I would definitely like to check this area out. I've fallen in love with trekking since moving to Indonesia, and a multi-day excursion sounds like a nice getaway. Especially if it is close by.

Comment

Wow,.. thank you so much, El Goretto!

Comment

Or cikidang plantation and resort, sukabumi - 3 hours from Jakarta

Cikidang by May-3 by Wisnu Purwanto, on Flickr

Cikidang-2 by Wisnu Purwanto, on Flick

Comment

Cibodas park has amazing hills and pretty spots off the beaten path to jog, like the waterfall area and sakura park. I heard they even rent out colonial villas at the park complex for public.

Comment

Hiking? Go to Gunung Salak near bogor. Less jam, more nature, less people, better fresh air. There are alot of waterfall there and to go there, you need to hike. There's a short hike and there's long hike, so you can choose. I recommend staying at Michael resort.

Comment

Originally posted by carlanox View Post
                    Hiking? Go to Gunung Salak near bogor. Less jam, more nature, less people, better fresh air. There are alot of waterfall there and to go there, you need to hike. There's a short hike and there's long hike, so you can choose. I recommend staying at Michael resort.
                    Have you stayed at Michael resort? Can you tell us more?

These are a couple pics I took with my phone at Villa Aman D'Sini this week-end which is in the same area:

View from the pool:

View from the balcony at one of the villas:

View from the bath in the above mentioned villa:

I wish we stayed there as it is very nice and peaceful but we couldn't this time around. Also, not cheap at 2.5 million per night with breakfast.

We also checked out Giri Tirta Resort and Spa, which is in the area as well. It's about 2km from Hutan Pinus on Gunung Pancar, at the end of a rocky path snaking through the jungle. Sedans and small hatchbacks won't make it. The sight of an Avanza parked at the resort suggests they made it through. We drove through with a Fortuner while it was dry but I wouldn't wanna chance it when it's pouring down. Very difficult for 2 vehicles to cross each other although the staff claims that the road is bigger than it looks due to the vegetation overgrowth. Looking at the soft muddy embankments, I would rather reverse than straying too much off the visible path.

The resort is in a small valley on the other side of the mountain, overlooking a small stream, next to rice paddies and in a very lush environment. You can hire a villa with or without hotspring. You can also simply hire the hotsprings by the hour. It's a gorgeous place, very peaceful, secluded and isolated (no wifi, no mobile data and not much cell signal either).

Comment

Yes, I stayed at Michael resort twice. The price is at high side but overall it is worth it. Just remember to bring your own food as their restaurant is really not nice and no nice restaurant nearby too. Check out their website. Oh i stayed at peony last time.

http://gunungsalak.themichaelresorts.com/villas/peony condition is ok, only a bit old

bring jacket and warm socks as the weather there can be really really cold...foggy in the morning..

Comment

Originally posted by carlanox View Post
                        Yes, I stayed at Michael resort twice. The price is at high side but overall it is worth it. Just remember to bring your own food as their restaurant is really not nice and no nice restaurant nearby too. Check out their website. Oh i stayed at peony last time.

http://gunungsalak.themichaelresorts.com/villas/peony condition is ok, only a bit old

bring jacket and warm socks as the weather there can be really really cold...foggy in the morning..
                        Ok, thank you for the information.

Comment

Working...
                        X