Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jakarta Airsoft - Any operators out there?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sarahaweib
    replied
    I have been into long range woodsball and my gun is the Wrek Salvo Sniper. It is an easy to use to use marker, best for amateurs, but pros also love it.
    It’s heavy, at 6lbs but it saves you the hassle of having to hoist it on your shoulder all day by letting you use a metallic platform when shooting long range.
    Like any good long range paintball guns, this marker doesn’t affect your clarity when you use a mask to shield your face. This is because it has a riser that can support any type of optics.
    I upgraded the barrel to J&J ceramic barrel which drastically raised through its ultra smooth surface, while at the same time eliminating noise.
    Its large red tube red dot is the best I’ve seen, providing the largest field of view. It can be zoomed and adjusted for the perfect view and tracking anywhere.
    This has helped me in milsim airsoft and I love the high speed of the gas powered Stunt Studios 998 pistol.

Leave a comment:

• Derryl
    replied
    Originally posted by Nimbus View Post
    Hi Derryl, I'll ask him if it's ok to share his contact info with you. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't mind.
    That'd be awesome thanks =)

Leave a comment:

• Nimbus
    replied
    Hi Derryl, I'll ask him if it's ok to share his contact info with you. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't mind.

Leave a comment:

• Derryl
    replied
    Like everything in Indonesia it's who you know. If you're serious into Airsoft and join a team who has a colonel or a general's son in it, cops are gonna give you a wide berth. As far as I know if you participate in an organized event (with fees) the organizers will take care that the appropriate 'protection' funds are distributed.

I'll be in JKT for the next couple of weeks, and I'll probably meet a high school buddy who's heavy into airsoft. If you're interested I'll see if he can hook you up.
    Agreed about the "who you know" deal. The team I've been playing with on Saturdays seems to have some connections to the Marines here (saw some photos on their page where they had some military person eating with them and playing with them). I think generally speaking, a foreigner is not at a significantly elevated risk of having his or her airsoft unit confiscated compared to a citizen, especially if they're playing with organized teams. Interestingly, they also had a foreign player play with them apparently, a USMC vet (saw this on the Mars Team kaskus page)

@Nimbus: Hey Nimbus, would that offer be extended to me? O.O I wouldn't mind connecting with more airsofters, assuming your friend still plays?

I understand.

While I was really into the military theme, now I'm not much into it. Gizmos that shoot out stuff (especially if they go bang) still interest me very much, but I don't enjoy dressing up all tactical anymore. I dunno, this is probably because I have grown to dislike the paranoid militia special-forces-wannabes commonly found hanging around gun owner circles, who are itching for an excuse to shoot real people while being too weak, too fat or too cowardly to actually enlist into the military. It has gotten to the point where I consciously avoid 'tactical' branded clothing and look. Being armed doesn't make me one of 'them'.

Rant over.
    The militia types are kinda scary yeah l-ol I mean I've never been to a gun range/club at the US, but that fascistic undertone seems to be present everywhere in similarly militia undertones.

That air is definitely present in airsoft teams too sometimes l-o-ol I mean don't get me wrong, I love being "tacticool" and all milsim myself (I got myself a FAST helmet and a plate carrier with my PDR lol), but I'm pretty self-aware that its all just dress up. I'm the kind of guy that enjoys roleplaying in video games, so for me airsoft is just a gigantic LARP with a well balanced combat mechanic =P

But yeah, as a pretty center left liberal and a big social justice guy, the rampant racism, sexism, homophobia, and tin foil hat aura of the militia types is definitely a big no no for me and my friends (hence why we're trying to build up a much-less-of-that-stuff airsoft community). I mean all those problems are widely available in Indonesia, but something about having airsoft gear seems to exacerbate those problems sometimes lol Mars seems okay though, the players that come seem pretty nerdy so I think that balances it out.

https://www.facebook.com/Nekoairsoftteam/?fref=ts I've found these guys rather interesting so I'm planning to play with them. As much as I despise weebo subculture (well not really, but it can be disturbing rofl), they seem to have quite a few female players, don't seem all too serious about it, and they seem to play competently. I contacted them a few days ago, they say they're pretty busy lately, but plan on holding open skirmishes soon, so I'm looking forward to that.

Also managed to settle on a team name with the others, and got around to printing some patches (from Blok M rofl)

Finches cause the Javanese Finch/Sparrow is the bird of the South Jakarta City =P (it was either the Fighting Finches or the Rumbling Rambutans, after the City's official fruit). We were going for a more sports team feel to it.

The actual JAKSEL seal

Leave a comment:

• rabbit_39
    replied
    Heheh I've just about never got into the military stuff. I found that I know far more about survival, tactics, or anything else most of those Gung Ho types pretend to know by the way they dress.

I even play paintball with shorts and t-shirts (with a cup) and appropriate face protection when the temperature is above 60 degrees.

Leave a comment:

• Nimbus
    replied
    Originally posted by El_Goretto View Post
    Thank you for your insight.

I don't really have time to get involved in it at the moment. If I do, it would probably be next year but I'd much rather go back into paintball.
    I understand.

While I was really into the military theme, now I'm not much into it. Gizmos that shoot out stuff (especially if they go bang) still interest me very much, but I don't enjoy dressing up all tactical anymore. I dunno, this is probably because I have grown to dislike the paranoid militia special-forces-wannabes commonly found hanging around gun owner circles, who are itching for an excuse to shoot real people while being too weak, too fat or too cowardly to actually enlist into the military. It has gotten to the point where I consciously avoid 'tactical' branded clothing and look. Being armed doesn't make me one of 'them'.

Rant over.

Leave a comment:

• El_Goretto
    replied
    Like everything in Indonesia it's who you know. If you're serious into Airsoft and join a team who has a colonel or a general's son in it, cops are gonna give you a wide berth. As far as I know if you participate in an organized event (with fees) the organizers will take care that the appropriate 'protection' funds are distributed.

I'll be in JKT for the next couple of weeks, and I'll probably meet a high school buddy who's heavy into airsoft. If you're interested I'll see if he can hook you up.
    Thank you for your insight.

I don't really have time to get involved in it at the moment. If I do, it would probably be next year but I'd much rather go back into paintball.

Leave a comment:

• Nimbus
    replied
    Originally posted by El_Goretto View Post
    Thank you for bringing this subject up Derryl.

Like rabbit, I used to be a paintball player. My first marker and my darling was a phantom which I got modified to accept cocker threaded barrels. Other mods included a modified feeder to fit regular hoppers and polished internals for smoother action. With the help of an aftermarket regulator I could achieve constant 290 fps (the safe limit is 300 fps).

Then one day I held an Eclipse Ego semi auto marker: it was lighter than my phantom (i didn't know it was possible) and blew me away. I bought one but didn't get to enjoy it as much because life got in the way and I stopped playing a short while after.

All of this was a while ago and my gear is long sold.

I'm quite interested in airsoft actually but I'm not too hot on the whole military style (with paintball I used to play the competitive style, not the woods style). But I don't discount it entirely and still find it cool to watch. My worry is ever being caught with an airsoft gun in Indonesia as a foreigner. Since the cops can just seize nilly wildly, I'm pretty sure they would jump at the opportunity of making troubles to yet another bule who dares carrying firearms replicas. What do you think?

Back to paintball, I live in BSD and it looks like they're planning on building an extreme sports Park which includes 2 paintball fields (superball kind).

Leave a comment:

• El_Goretto
    replied
    Thank you for bringing this subject up Derryl.

Like rabbit, I used to be a paintball player. My first marker and my darling was a phantom which I got modified to accept cocker threaded barrels. Other mods included a modified feeder to fit regular hoppers and polished internals for smoother action. With the help of an aftermarket regulator I could achieve constant 290 fps (the safe limit is 300 fps).

Then one day I held an Eclipse Ego semi auto marker: it was lighter than my phantom (i didn't know it was possible) and blew me away. I bought one but didn't get to enjoy it as much because life got in the way and I stopped playing a short while after.

All of this was a while ago and my gear is long sold.

I'm quite interested in airsoft actually but I'm not too hot on the whole military style (with paintball I used to play the competitive style, not the woods style). But I don't discount it entirely and still find it cool to watch. My worry is ever being caught with an airsoft gun in Indonesia as a foreigner. Since the cops can just seize nilly willy, I'm pretty sure they would jump at the opportunity of making troubles to yet another bule who dares carrying firearms replicas. What do you think?

Back to paintball, I live in BSD and it looks like they're planning on building an extreme sports Park which includes 2 paintball fields (superball kind).
    Last edited by El_Goretto; 12-11-15, 09:51.

Leave a comment:

• Nimbus
    replied
    A brick of .22 is about $50 now, and that's the cheapest where I live. Preppers with tin foil hats got antsy and stockpiled .22s when Obama got re-elected, thinking TEOTWAWKI is coming, and that .22 is the most cost-effective round for survival. It went from dirt cheap to (at one time) 9mm-priced. I'm glad that I didn't have any use for .22 then.

Maybe I should buy a case now while it's available, as the dorks are bound to buy everything again at the first hint of Clinton II getting elected.

Leave a comment:

• rabbit_39
    replied
    Cool. Good luck man. Practice practice practice. A brick of .22 and green army men was my recipe. Hehehe

Leave a comment:

• Nimbus
    replied
    Originally posted by rabbit_39 View Post
    Check out "22plinkster" on Youtube.
    Sight picture, trigger control and breathing...What I wouldn't do to get back into cowboy shooting and plinking again.
    I'm not into single action six shooters, and I'm nowhere near good enough to do trick shots. For shooting I'm doing the fundamental self defense stuff first, like the Mozambique drill and mag dump to the head silhouette. They're basic techniques, but many people at the range I go to struggle to do even that, their B-27 targets look like they've been hit by a shotgun even though pistols are used...

Last month I went to an Appleseed event, and I was 5 points away from getting the Rifleman patch using almost-stock 10/22 and cheap Aguila ammo. I was too green to correct for 3 MOA drift when the barrel got warm, and I got a dud during the last qualification session. Oh well, still not bad for my first ever extended shoot with a rifle, I can only get better.
    http://appleseedinfo.org/

Leave a comment:

• rabbit_39
    replied
    I used to play indoor airsoft many winters ago, with a tricked out AEG G36C that spit out bb's almost twice the factory rate. These days I'm trying to get better with real guns. It's convenient that guns aren't nearly as restricted in USA compared to Indonesia.
    Check out "22plinkster" on Youtube.
    Sight picture, trigger control and breathing...What I wouldn't do to get back into cowboy shooting and plinking again.

Leave a comment:

• Nimbus
    replied
    Originally posted by Derryl View Post

Yup! This is also a good way of going the extra mile on it. I've got one, its called the KTA (got one last last week), and it basically says you're in this club that is affiliated with Perbakin. From what I can tell, it isn't really necessary it seems (nobody in my game last Saturday had it for example, and they've been at it for years now apparently), but it is definitely a good way to cover your bases as the card offers some legitimacy and the club provides legal help as a contingency (costed me 600,000 for an annual membership).

Did you play yourself Nimbus?
    I used to play indoor airsoft many winters ago, with a tricked out AEG G36C that spit out bb's almost twice the factory rate. These days I'm trying to get better with real guns. It's convenient that guns aren't nearly as restricted in USA compared to Indonesia.

Leave a comment:

• Derryl
    replied
    Oh that's pretty cool. I've always wanted to shoot real steel, but haven't gotten around to it much (the expenses can get pretty crazy). I don't remember exactly how much, but I remember walking into the Perbakin shooting range at Senayan intending to try shooting up a couple of .22s with rented rifles, and it was reaaaaaally expensive (they also offered some 9mms for an even pricier cost). But if you actually join the club, and bulk it out by enrolling in their courses, I believe its actually a lot cheaper, but with my school still going on I usually find I don't have the time to commit just yet. If you've got the time to commit straight away to the long term, I believe you beat the expenses down.

Oh that's pretty cool, I know paintball markers don't operate too differently from gas blowback airsoft rifles, did you try messing around with electrical airsoft or the gas ones? And same, ahaha, I really enjoy the tech aspect of airsoft and projectile stuff in general - I'm doing my own rate of fire upgrade to my M4, and I'm trying to hitch it to a microcontroller for some "gunmettry" lol (my background is Mechatronics) and I used to be into spud cannons. I'd love to get into paintball, but it seems so pricey compared to airsoft (and the community doesn't seem as large, as far as I can tell), but I feel like paintball is a lot more sporty and competitive it feels (and its nice that theres a little more objectivity in hits with paintball)

Originally posted by rabbit_39 View Post
    [COLOR=#333333]So I can go to a paintball store and buy a mask and marker and start playing? Ditto with airsoft. Bringing in my used paintball markers from the US is probably more difficult?[/COLOR]
    Yeah. With paintball there seems to be almost no scrutiny at all from a legal standpoint, and yeah you could just straight away pick up all you need and immediately head out for some games. I'm going to try looking into that too actually, I'm not actually sure where the paintball community is, but I assume it'd have to be out there somewhere, but I think its not as big as the airsoft community.

With airsoft, it's the same same thing, save that the police reserve total discretion in confiscating your airsoft unit under probable cause (without having to charge the owner with a crime, and without the owner having even committed a crime or being suspected of having committed one). They can just do so if they feel they need to. I guess it can be thought of as perfectly legal, just under broad, vague, ad hoc regulations. The KTA mitigates this essentially, is my understanding. They won't arrest you either way though (unless you of course do something stupid like rob a store with one lol)

I believe with airguns you are just required to go through the PERBAKIN channels, I'm afraid I'm not really sure as I've never really gotten into it =( But the regulation is a lot tighter.

Though Blok M Mall (or was it Blok M Plaza? The big mall) has an air gun shooting range if you'd like to give it a try. I believe its 35,000 for 100 pellets, and they have a selection of CO2 types in addition to the the usual air rifles

I think its cultural and historical, that fear. Here the opposition to it has a degree of right wing narrative to me. There's an almost taboo attitude with anyone breaking the monopoly of the police/military on anything firearms related, that's definitely autocratic in motivation. It is often presented as public safety, but I think the real opposition to it is just the police/military complex being imparted with a legacy that feels undermined by any idea of an "armed" citizenry. I think thats why theres such a disparity of fussiness in the treatment of airsoft guns and paintball guns, despite the latter's more realized potential in practical self defense. Its just the former clicks a little too close to the imagery the military and police feel they are entitled exclusively to. I mean whenever you hear those stories about the military getting into fights with the police (and I mean police officers brawling with and/or shooting up soldiers and vice versa), that's what's really happening. But that's just my theory xD

Oooh those look pretty cool. Yeah I think it might be too much of a hassle to import your old ones from the US though, you're probably better off trying to just buy it here. I'm not sure where you can find a paintball store, I don't believe I've even seen one yet. But I think the paintball field in Lipo Karawachi is still open, and I know there's a paintball field at Ancol too.

I imagine if you end up practicing with real steel and getting the appropriate permits as you seem intent to with PERBAKIN, it should cover air gun ownership too ahaha

Leave a comment:

Working...
X