Military model kits

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military model kits

anyone has a hobby of building military model kits? 1:35 scale armor, figures.

Yes, but I move to car tinkering in 1963.

Comment

1963??? There were model kits before 1963??? The 1st one I built was in the 1980s....

Comment

Moderation Note:

I've removed a number of posts which were off topic and led to bickering.

As a general reminder:

- Please keep in mind that certain attempts at humor are not easily understood to non-native speakers and can actually be seen as offensive
        - If you notice a post that breaches our posting guidelines, please use the report button
        - Please refrain from bickering and name calling. If you have a problem with a post or poster, it is best to just report the rather than take matters in your own hands

Also, Happy Easter!

Comment

My kids and I build Gundam mokits. Not military, I guess, but the assembling techniques and tools are the almost same, no?
          [FONT=comic sans ms]Please excuse my poor English. [/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by Chotto Matte View Post
            My kids and I build Gundam mokits. Not military, I guess, but the assembling techniques and tools are the almost same, no?
            I suppose they would. I've always been amazed at the amount of details that some aficionados put into them. I've tried building a kit myself and the bare plastic is a far cry from some of the creations I've seen: the painting of details, of wear and tear, of damage even, is sometimes amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Goretto View Post
              I suppose they would. I've always been amazed at the amount of details that some aficionados put into them. I've tried building a kit myself and the bare plastic is a far cry from some of the creations I've seen: the painting of details, of wear and tear, of damage even, is sometimes amazing.
              Absolutely! We don't go as far as doing the battle damage and wheathering. Just assembling, pasting decals and some painting, lining and marking. Even without painting, the models look awesome. We haven't tried assembling PG yet (the biggest size and expensive too ), only HG, lots of MG, some RG and a few SD. Did you go to Jakarta Toys Fair last month (assuming you live in Jakarta)? We got ourselves a few boxes of MG kits, including Full Armor Unicorn ver. ka and Sazabi ver. ka. Those two kits are awesome.

Comment

Absolutely! We don't go as far as doing the battle damage and wheathering. Just assembling, pasting decals and some painting, lining and marking. Even without painting, the models look awesome. We haven't tried assembling PG yet (the biggest size and expensive too ), only HG, lots of MG, some RG and a few SD. Did you go to Jakarta Toys Fair last month (assuming you live in Jakarta)? We got ourselves a few boxes of MG kits, including Full Armor Unicorn ver. ka and Sazabi ver. ka. Those two kits are awesome.
                I have 0 knowledge about Gundam except that's it's a cult Japanese anime/manga with Robots hehe. So I don't know what HG, MG, RG, etc mean. I picked one randomly once and just assembled it. No painting or anything. I didn't even put the decals...

I did go to the Toy Fair a couple years ago because I have a friend who usually has a stand there. Left with a free Iron Man T-Shirt (gift from my friend) and an Iron Man figurine.

Comment

I have 0 knowledge about Gundam except that's it's a cult Japanese anime/manga with Robots hehe. So I don't know what HG, MG, RG, etc mean. I picked one randomly once and just assembled it. No painting or anything. I didn't even put the decals...

I did go to the Toy Fair a couple years ago because I have a friend who usually has a stand there. Left with a free Iron Man T-Shirt (gift from my friend) and an Iron Man figurine.
                  Ah... sorry, my bad. Those are the size of Gundam models. SD is Super Deformed. The smallest size with big heads and tiny body, minimal articulation. HG is High Grade 1/144 size, some articulation. MG is Master Grade 1/100, great articulation with skeletal frames. RG is Real Grade 1/144 as tall as HG but with details of MG + skeletal frames, great articulation. PG is Perfect Grade 1/60, the biggest size, excellent articulation, detail, decals, etc.

Iron Man from HotToys? Those figurines cost arm and legs. There was Hulkbuster at the fair. It was massive!!!

Comment

Ah... sorry, my bad. Those are the size of Gundam models. SD is Super Deformed. The smallest size with big heads and tiny body, minimal articulation. HG is High Grade 1/144 size, some articulation. MG is Master Grade 1/100, great articulation with skeletal frames. RG is Real Grade 1/144 as tall as HG but with details of MG + skeletal frames, great articulation. PG is Perfect Grade 1/60, the biggest size, excellent articulation, detail, decals, etc.

Iron Man from HotToys? Those figurines cost arm and legs. There was Hulkbuster at the fair. It was massive!!!
                    Oh ok, thanks for the info.

My Iron Man figurine is probably not from Hot Toys (I forgot where it's from) as I don't remember it costing me so much. It's War Machine from Iron Man 2.

Comment

Oh ok, thanks for the info.

My Iron Man figurine is probably not from Hot Toys (I forgot where it's from) as I don't remember it costing me so much. It's War Machine from Iron Man 2.
                      I must have sounded like a smarty-pants. LOL LOL LOL

Comment

I must have sounded like a smarty-pants. LOL LOL LOL
                        No, not at all Everyone has their own hobbies

Comment

Working...
                        X