No announcement yet.

X-box 360 or PS3?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm really surprised that a legitimate website such as lazada.co.id would sell pirated games or allow the sell of pirated games from third parties through their websites. Welcome to Indonesia...

Comment

Originally posted by gerrardtorres View Post
      Price?
      Yea, the price gap is noticeable too. :P

I'm looking for something to kill time here and have never owned a console myself.

PC ftw.

Wow lazada with modded stuff...

Comment

Originally posted by El_Goretto View Post
        I'm really surprised that a legitimate website such as lazada.co.id would sell pirated games or allow the sell of pirated games from third parties through their websites. Welcome to Indonesia...

Are you really​ that surprised?????

Comment

EL_G - What would you do about the consoles choice?

Would love your opinion!

Comment

Well I don't have any first hand experience with chipped consoles. But either way, I'd go to Ratu Plaza or, closer, ITC BSD and buy a console straight away from there, already chipped with a hard drive but I would choose the games myself.

I know the xbox has always been easy to Crack with the ps3 being cracked much later and being somewhat more difficult to Crack and keep it that way. I understand that some newer games will not work if the console is not updated to the latest version, but updating might break the jailbreak and prevent you from playing the older games.

And finally, purely from a subjective preference, I like the PS3 better than the xbox. It's more reliable, seems to perform better and I prefer the exclusives on it (metal gear solid, Gran turismo, etc).

That said, I'd spend a bit more into a PC with a decent graphic card (say a GTX770 or with a bit more dough a GTX970) and then play all of the games. There is a much wider selection of games on PC, easy to acquire online and graphics that beat PS4 and Xbox One.

Comment

Good thoughts,

[COLOR=#333333]I know the xbox has always been easy to Crack with the ps3 being cracked much later and being somewhat more difficult to Crack and keep it that way. I understand that some newer games will not work if the console is not updated to the latest version, but updating might break the jailbreak and prevent you from playing the older games.
              [/COLOR]
              Since the PS3 is being replaced by the PS4, would it be a fair assumption its software update cycles (and thus costly mod upgrades) will slow down?
              I was thinking, with the large library of games, it would take a while before I'd wana upgrade. I'd probably be in my home country by then.

[COLOR=#333333]That said, I'd spend a bit more into a PC with a decent graphic card (say a GTX770 or with a bit more dough a GTX970) and then play all of the games. There is a much wider selection of games on PC, easy to acquire online and graphics that beat PS4 and Xbox One.[/COLOR]
              Yay for PC, but too much HW to lug around IMO.
              My company just upgraded me to a i5 lappy, the latitude e7440... and the IT manager said no Steam or games allowed.
              Arrgh, they torture me so! I miss my dota.

Comment

[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Arial]the 360 is better with graphics online experience and online server coding the ps3 network has been hacked and the xbox 360 network hasnt so is you want a system that will work and that has better multiplayer servers[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by bestellen View Post
                  [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Arial]the 360 is better with graphics online experience and online server coding the ps3 network has been hacked and the xbox 360 network hasnt so is you want a system that will work and that has better multiplayer servers[/FONT][/COLOR]
                  Somewhere earlier in this thread the OP said he didn't bother with online gaming. So network issues don't really matter. Plus I'm sure Sony has learned from its mistake and the network will now be a lot safer.

I'm currently holding xbox kinect competitions with my students in class in an attempt to get them to move. One of my students brought a whole bunch of kinect games, but they didn't play on my xbox since the games were copies.

I'm wondering where I could get my xbox chipped? Can I do that in Ratu Plaza as well?

Comment

I have a PS3 and I don't want anything else.

Comment

Working...
                    X