No announcement yet.

Komodo – Amed - Ubud

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for sharing Om ! Great photos and report, I enjoy every pic.
    Words can inspire, thoughts can provoke, but only action can get you closer to your dreams.

Comment

Originally posted by lantern View Post
      I did a liveaboard around there about 5 or 6 years ago and really enjoyed it. We finished off with a road trip to Maumere and back taking in all the sights which is also a good option to tag on at the end.
      Yes, we heard many good thing about Maumere; it is in our agenda for next year

Comment

Thanks for taking the time and effort to make such a wicked post - much apprieciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Alia View Post
          Thanks for sharing Om ! Great photos and report, I enjoy every pic.
          Maturnuwun mbak, glad you enjoy it

Comment

Originally posted by ponyexpress View Post
            Wisnu!

Awesome pics and tips. I wish I acquired skills in photography.
            PE,
            thanks for kind words, this is the nice thing of digital camera, I just need to shoot as much as I can and wish few result.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaime C View Post
              Great pictures and report. It's hard to believe that these creatures exist sometime. The harlequin shrimp, especially.
              thanks Jaime
              yes, we're addicted with these critters and actualy not very difficult to find them in Indonesia

Comment

Originally posted by ScooterIndo View Post
                Thanks for taking the time and effort to make such a wicked post - much apprieciated.
                wish you like it

Comment

Wisnu, i have a great deal of admiration, not to mention envy, for the wonderful photos and descriptions which you have kindly shared with us on this Forum. I cannot swim and so miss out on the joys of snorkelling and diving which would obviously give you such an amazing thrill. I have yet to visit Komodo Island and it is still my plan and if there was a way for non-diver like me to even remotely have the chance to enjoy one small part of what you have presented with your photos, it would make my day, truly. Absolutely terrific, keep up the good work!

Comment

Originally posted by mrcibubur View Post
                    Wisnu, i have a great deal of admiration, not to mention envy, for the wonderful photos and descriptions which you have kindly shared with us on this Forum. I cannot swim and so miss out on the joys of snorkelling and diving which would obviously give you such an amazing thrill. I have yet to visit Komodo Island and it is still my plan and if there was a way for non-diver like me to even remotely have the chance to enjoy one small part of what you have presented with your photos, it would make my day, truly. Absolutely terrific, keep up the good work!
                    This might be a great time for you to learn to swim. It is not hard and easy to learn with a competent instructor. One day and you already moving around in the water on your own.
                    [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Some love to milk Apostate.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

The whole area around Komodo is beautiful and worth a visit even if you don't snorkel or dive.As I mentioned earlier an add-on which would take you to Maumere in Flores would mean an over enjoyable and interesting trip.
                      "[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica Neue]I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.[/FONT][/COLOR]"
                      George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Thanks Mrcibubur
                        I do agree with fastpitch about learn to swim - no need to be a real swimmer but at least you will be comfortable in the water.
                        However, if not possible for some reason, you can still enjoy the beauty of underwater with glass bottom boat or snorkeling with safety vest or (in Bali) you can use submarine for USD 85 per pax adult (never try and I don't think I want to try).

yes, as lantern said, the topsides of Komodo NP (as well as many other parts of Indonesia) is amazing as well.
                        But for us, the beauty of undewater world is really addicted - can't wait for another trip to Ambon ... next week.

Comment

I have tried many times to swim. It is not the problem of learning technique to swim but the sheer fear of deep water and experiencing a panic attack I have never been able to overcome. I would love to settle for the glass bottom boat, not so sure about the submarine.

what sort of budget is needed do you think for a 10 day trip? I always worry about getting stuck in the Flores Port and not able to get a boat to Komodo Island or National Park. It certainly sounds like one great trip.

Comment

I

what sort of budget is needed do you think for a 10 day trip? I always worry about getting stuck in the Flores Port and not able to get a boat to Komodo Island or National Park. It certainly sounds like one great trip.
                            I don't have much information for non-diving package. I guess it will cost Rp. 1M to 1.5M per night, inclusive all meal, budget boat - I saw some of them is not seaworthy.
                            For 10 days trip, and non-diving, i suggest to stay at land base resort or hotels in labuan bajo; lot of choices. I don't think you will be getting stuck in Labuan bajo and not able to get a boat to Komodo. there's hundreds boat in labuan bajo seaport and plenty tour operator. Depend on the season you may get better deal there.

Sea Port Labuan Bajo by Wisnu Purwanto Family, on Flickr

or stay at the resort on island such as sebayur island resort, the closest resort to the park

Sebayur Resort by Wisnu Purwanto Family, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                            X