Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your feedback on those photographs is appreciated...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your feedback on those photographs is appreciated...

Kindly look at these 14 photographs, and please tell me the three shots that you find the most appealing, interesting or engaging. There are no right or wrong answers. This exercise is wholly subjective. Thanks.

A

B

C

D

Last edited by Hombre de Maiz; 24-12-12, 11:20.

E

F

G

H

Comment

I

J

K

L

Comment

M

N

Comment

Beautiful shots every one of them!

B, C, N

Comment

B, e, l
            [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Some love to milk Apostate.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

B and N are my favorites.
              All the rest are quite nice except C, which I find too static. I personally can't make sense of D, although I suspect the fault is with how I process images rather than with the photo itself.

Comment

I think nearly everyone will agree that B and N are the best captures of the bunch. B is particularly good, I think you should post it to flickr.

For a third choice I am torn between K and L.

Great captures, please post more.

Comment

B: had good potential if framed differently as in not centering the girl that's turned around and better use of the repeating pattern formed by the line of women. I think this scene would have benefited from a longer lens.

D: interesting use of the motion blur however it is hard to tell what exactly we are looking at. Maybe a slightly faster shutter speed or a second curtain sync flash to freeze some of the action while retaining the motion blur would have been great.

F: Tighter framing would have helped getting rid of all the distraction on the side of the screen (mainly bottom and right sides).

G: I see what you tried to do here but the busy background which is the only sharp part of the image draws the eye away from the main subject (monks).

H: I think this image works well. The tight framing brings attention to the colorful outfits with little to no distractions. Maybe it would have been worth waiting a bit so that the whole scene is in the shade to avoid that splash of light on the dress in the foreground.

L: I think "H" works better. This one is a bit underexposed and there isn't enough demarcation in the background.

M: Too much ground in the foreground. You should have taken a few steps to the first patch of grass and crouched down so that to get less of the uninteresting ground, more of the building and more of the 2 monks whilst still keeping the foliage at the top for framing.

N: This would need a closer or wider framing. Either you cut the monks just below waist or you include the feet. I would have gone for a closer framing.

Looking at pictures after the fact and saying what could have gone better is much easier than taking the pics in the heat of the moment.
                  Last edited by El_Goretto; 24-12-12, 14:29.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. Keep it coming.

Originally posted by DanInAceh View Post

Great captures, please post more.
                    I have no more decent shots from this set, taken in 2005 with a relatively rudimentary low-megapixel camera. Now that I have better equipment and more experience, I don't have the time. Alas, such is life.

Comment

Nice Shots Hombre,

my fav are B,D, and N

Comment

Originally posted by El_Goretto View Post
                        F: Tighter framing would have helped getting rid of all the distraction on the side of the screen (mainly bottom and right sides).

G: I see what you tried to do here but the busy background which is the only sharp part of the image draws the eye away from the main subject (monks).

M: Too much ground in the foreground. You should have taken a few steps to the first patch of grass and crouched down so that to get less of the uninteresting ground, more of the building and more of the 2 monks whilst still keeping the foliage at the top for framing.

N: This would need a closer or wider framing. Either you cut the monks just below waist or you include the feet. I would have gone for a closer framing.

Thanks, I've taken your suggestion on-board, and things look slightly better. On G, I went back and chose another pic that shows no motion, but has the monks sharply in focus. On M, N and F, I cropped more tightly. The problem is that I don't have enough megapixels to do a lot of cropping while maintaining sufficient pixels for a decent size 300dpi print.

Comment

Wait till you get your 5d3 and the megapixel problem will be solved

Have you tried simply cropping in 16:9 aspect ratio? You can keep your width and just chop the bottom.

Comment

my favourites are K, B and G
                            reasons or results people...

Comment

I like U... oops, N!

Comment

Working...
                              X