Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live Blues Act - Jakarta and surroundings

Dear Blues Enthusiasts,

Care for some blues? I'm here to share dates and venues of upcoming or regular blues performance. I'll keep it updated as much as I can. If you come across the other then please post and share

- De Bluem Revival 17th Dec 2012 7pm onwards (Bumi Sangkuriang, Jl. Kiputih 12 Bandung phone [FONT=arial]+6222 2032661)
    Performances by Hari Pochang (Blues Libre), Ginda (Ginda & The White Flowers), Buddi Arab (Time Bomb) and many more... Free entry

- Blues at Marley every Friday 8pm onwards (Marley Bar, The Energy Building 2nd Floor, SCBD Jakarta phone +6221- 52961199
    Regular performance by Electric Cadillac

- Blues All Night Long Welcoming New Year 31st Dec 2012 7pm onwards ([/FONT][COLOR=#333333][FONT=lucida grande]CLiD Design & Art; Jl. Cikaso No. 52 Bandung phone +62[/FONT][/COLOR][FONT=arial]22-7273412)
    Performance by De Root Bleus

- Thursday Blues every week 9pm onwards (Maitrin Lounge, Jl. Kayu Putih Raya No. 1 Jakarta phone +6221-47881344)
    Regular performance by Alpha DeFretes and friends

- Jakarta Blues Band every Tuesday 9.30pm onwards (D'Bar, Kemang Jakarta phone [/FONT][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial]+62217193814)
    [/FONT][/COLOR][FONT=arial] Regular performance by Jakarta Blues Band

I'm still waiting for a confirmation about something happening in Bali. Will update later.

Cheers,
    strat.o.caster

[/FONT]
    Last edited by strat.o.caster; 17-12-12, 16:05.
    Have any of you ever seen another sponge, starfish and squid anywhere near Spongebob, Patrick, Squidward???

any gigs in surabaya?

Comment

Originally posted by itinerantman View Post
      any gigs in surabaya?
      In Surabaya rock is much more famous than blues but I once heard about place called House of Blues located at Jl. Pagesangan but not sure if it's still there.. Let me check and get back to you...
      Have any of you ever seen another sponge, starfish and squid anywhere near Spongebob, Patrick, Squidward???

Comment

Blues in Bali...check anywhere Jim Larkin is performing...usually Ubud but often Ryoshi in Jl Legian and Cubana in Pettitenget.

Comment

Originally posted by Davita View Post
          Blues in Bali...check anywhere Jim Larkin is performing...usually Ubud but often Ryoshi in Jl Legian and Cubana in Pettitenget.
          This Jim Larkin, Davita?
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZcf...=results_video

Comment

Yup...that's the gent...I'm not much into blues myself but he is a popular performer in Bali and they tend to mix the jazz genre in Ryoshi Japanese restaurant. Cubana is where most musicians meet after hours and ham it up...mainly afro-cuban-rhythm.

I'm more Dave Brubeck....sadly, he died a couple of weeks ago, the day before his 92nd birthday I read!

Comment

Jim Larkin himself will readily admit that he is more of a Jazz singer. I once asked him to sing Howlin Wolf's Coon on the Moon, and he didn't know whose tune it is, so that will give you a sense of his Blues range. But since most people are content with Hoochie Coochie Man, Cocaine, etc., and take any Black man strutting about as the Blues, they don't care. We did get into an interesting discussion about the meaning of "Back Door Man", though.

BTW, Back Door Man does not refer to sodomy. It refers to, in the language of the Blues, to a man who's been "fishing in your pond". Listen to Zep's Since I've Been Loving You, there's a part where Robert Plant sings, "I come home and hear my back door slam". It's the guy who's been nailing your wife while you out, and slips out through the back door when you come home.
              Last edited by Hombre de Maiz; 18-12-12, 08:06.

Comment

Originally posted by Hombre de Maiz View Post
                Jim Larkin himself will readily admit that he is more of a Jazz singer.
                That's an honest gesture..

Comment

- Blackcat Tuesday Night Blues, 25th Dec 2012 9pm onwards (Blackcat Jazz & Blues Club, Plaza Senayan Arcadia Units X - 208. Jl. New Delhi, Pintu 1 Senayan phone +62-57901264)
                  Performance by Ginda & The White Flowers

Comment

can I post some blues performance in bali? :d
                    Mannekepis Seminyak http://mannekepis-bistro.com/index.php?id=event
                    If people say something bad against you, don’t be offended. Remember: "A dog doesn’t bark if he knows the person!"

Comment

Originally posted by vin.vierge View Post
                      can I post some blues performance in bali? :d
                      Mannekepis Seminyak http://mannekepis-bistro.com/index.php?id=event
                      Awesome!!

Comment

The Marley's Blues this week will include open jam session!! For more details of marley http://www.marleybar.co.id/

Comment

- Blues Platform 28th Dec 2012 7pm onwards (Plate For Me Jl. Riau No. 172 Bandung [FONT=arial]+6222-7275749)
                          Performances by 70's Orgasm Club, Mojo Jojo Experiment, Luke & Hobos Blues Band etc.
                          Hint : the line up indicated strong Hendrix / SRV influences[/FONT]
                          Last edited by strat.o.caster; 27-12-12, 08:03.

Comment

Jajan Jazz 4th Jan 2013 8pm onwards (Teras Kota JL Pahlawan Seribu CBD Lot VIIB, BSD Tangerang +6221-29915758)
                            Performance by Electric Cadillac, FREE entry.

Comment

Tuesday Blues 8th Jan 2013 9pm onwards (Asmara Art & Coffee Shop, [FONT=arial]Jl. Tirtodipuran 22 Yogyakarta phone +62[/FONT][FONT=arial]274-383143)
                              Performance by Jogja Blues Forum[/FONT]

Comment

Working...
                              X