Date with beautiful Killer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Date with beautiful Killer

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]Blue ring octopus (BRO) isrecognized as one of the world's most venomous marine animals. Despite their small size and relativelydocile nature, its venom is so powerful enough to kill humans quickly.There is no blue-ringed octopus antivenom currently available.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]This is our third datewith this beautiful critter, July 2012, in Lembeh strait, North Sulawesi.
    Very cool critter. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]Unfortunately cool BRO is not beautiful and photogenic – the blue andblack rings will only appear and pulsate once agitated or provoked.

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]
    So cool, she did not respond to my wave - cold as cold as ice. I’m not interested to touch and might hurt her or me too. Not good !
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]Lucky, the ugly guy a“Devil scorpionfish” was around there. We justneed to make him a bit close to her. Voila![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Calibri]

So beautiful

[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

I saw a show on National Geographic just a couple of days ago about the Ninja Shimp. In it I saw a Ninja Shrimp make mince-meat of an octopus that looked just liked this within a matter of seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by Hombre de Maiz View Post
      I saw a show on National Geographic just a couple of days ago about the Ninja Shimp. In it I saw a Ninja Shrimp make mince-meat of an octopus that looked just liked this within a matter of seconds.
      Ninja shrimp aka mantis shrimp is quite fast indeed. Some doc. said faster than bullet.
      Its punch may break the camera dome port.
      But to my knowledge thre prefer small crabs rather than rare blue ring octopus.

Here is the spear ninja from bali

and this one, taken in donggala

Comment

Great pics Wisnu

Comment

Wow.. thanx for the info

Comment

Excellent pics Wisnupurwanto. I didn't read the text at first but could recognize the sandy bottom and the critters of Lembeh. I hope that you enjoyed your trip in my region.

I love the grumpy look of the devil's scorpionfish.

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis View Post
              Excellent pics Wisnupurwanto. I didn't read the text at first but could recognize the sandy bottom and the critters of Lembeh. I hope that you enjoyed your trip in my region.

I love the grumpy look of the devil's scorpionfish.
              Thanks Atlantis,
              Actually I planned to contact you when we're there as we stayed in Manado, malayang beach, in the resort owned by french - I thought, it's yours.
              Unfortunately, hv problem with our macbook in walea (later in manado they found the battery leakage with liquid penetrate to the electronic) and in our first day diving in Manado we flooded one of our camera. So, we're busy trying to fix and get new replacement camera - both fail.
              The traffic Manado - Bitung is also terrible - took 2 hours one way - I think tol road is urgently required now.
              Not much time left for us in manado at night, however when we stopped at hypermart mantos on 15 or 16 July, I saw a bule with his manadonese wife and 2 boys on the casher. I was stacked on the long queque and slow casher, and could not catch them.

Manado area is one of our favourite destination -We always enjoyed our time there. It's our 5th trip, and likely will come back again end of this year before raja ampat.

Comment

Originally posted by wisnupurwanto View Post
                Actually I planned to contact you when we're there as we stayed in Manado, malayang beach, in the resort owned by french - I thought, it's yours.
                Hahaha. Nope, La Rascasse doesn't belong to me, though it's indeed owned by a french and his minahasan wife. I don't have any more interest in the diving or hospitality industry in Manado. At least for the moment.
                Unfortunately, hv problem with our macbook in walea (later in manado they found the battery leakage with liquid penetrate to the electronic) and in our first day diving in Manado we flooded one of our camera. So, we're busy trying to fix and get new replacement camera - both fail.
                Ouch... It doesn't sound good. Manado area is a wonderful place to dive... but definitively not the place for any technical help.

The traffic Manado - Bitung is also terrible - took 2 hours one way - I think tol road is urgently required now.
                Of all of our roads, this is definitively the most terrible, and quite dangerous with all the container truck going back and forth.

Not much time left for us in manado at night, however when we stopped at hypermart mantos on 15 or 16 July, I saw a bule with his manadonese wife and 2 boys on the casher.
                Hmmm... Two boys? I have two boys and a little girl... But rarely go to hypermart with them, though it ain't rare that we all go eat to one of the restaurants in Mantos. Out of my two boys, one is 100% indonesian (anak angkat) while the other one is definitively my son and looks like european. Sometimes people believe that he isn't mixed indonesian/french.
                Amazingly there isn't many foreigner married with a manadonese and who have two boys. They all have either daughters only or a mix daughter/son. I think of only one in fact who has two boys: Rob, a good friend and forum user. If you would have catch them, no doubt that they would have give me a call. There is a very good chance that I've met with them the day you refer. I think that we've all met in one of the coffee shop on the ground floor, along with an indonesian couple and their kids.

Manado area is one of our favourite destination -We always enjoyed our time there. It's our 5th trip, and likely will come back again end of this year before raja ampat.
                Just let me know when you are around. I'll meet you with pleasure. It won't be at the end of the year though. I am traditionally back to the cold of Paris every year from November to January.

Comment

I think of only one in fact who has two boys: Rob, a good friend and forum user. If you would have catch them, no doubt that they would have give me a call. There is a very good chance that I've met with them the day you refer. I think that we've all met in one of the coffee shop on the ground floor, along with an indonesian couple and their kids.

Haha Manado really is a small town, it would be funny to think that that was us!

Comment

[COLOR=#333333]I think it was. I think it's the day we were in that coffee shop with Yudi on the ground floor of mantos 2. It was I believe the day after the french national day (July 14th). I've tried to check the history of my telephone but couldn't confirm it.
                    Do you see anyone else with two boys, anyway? There are none in the residents. That's funny, it's when I've read wisnupurwanto's post that I realise that there is a lot of little girls in the mixed marriage community, but not so many boys. [/COLOR]

Comment

Oh yeah, I remember now I took the boys to get some paper and pens to keep them quiet so we could all talk! Thats true about the lack of boys as well, all good for F&J in the future, haha.

Comment

Wooooow...those are nice pictures! They really compel me to get my diving license soon

Are u in a some certain of underwater photography club or smething, Wisnu?
                        [COLOR=#ffa07a]Aim for the highest cloud so that if you miss it, you will hit a lofty mountain [/COLOR]- [COLOR=#008000]Maori proverb[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by monyet View Post
                          I think of only one in fact who has two boys: Rob, a good friend and forum user. If you would have catch them, no doubt that they would have give me a call. There is a very good chance that I've met with them the day you refer. I think that we've all met in one of the coffee shop on the ground floor, along with an indonesian couple and their kids.

Haha Manado really is a small town, it would be funny to think that that was us!
                          Yes, too bad I could not catch him ..
                          next time I visit Manado I'll pm you and atlantis to get contact number.
                          even if we stay in Lembeh, at least one nightwe spend in manado for degasing.

Comment

Originally posted by ichbinnina View Post
                            Wooooow...those are nice pictures! They really compel me to get my diving license soon

Are u in a some certain of underwater photography club or smething, Wisnu?
                            no, we are falling in love with the beauty of underwater, it's different world
                            we can't take anything but pictures
                            most of pics actualy taken by my daughters

Indonesia is the best dive destinations in the world; so don't wait, get it now, j
                            be careful, diving is addicted

Comment

Working...
                            X