Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to buy legit copies of computer games in Jakarta.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy legit copies of computer games in Jakarta.

Hello how is everyone today? I was wondering if there is any place in Jakarta where I could buy the latest computer games (the actual legit copies, not the pirated ones since I am slightly paranoid to install pirated games due to potental chance to catching viruses and stuff.) If there isn't any actual place to buy them at, are there any web sites I could go to so I can order, and ship them to Indonesia?

In case your wondering which computer games I am looking to buy, they are Spore and Warhammer age of reckoning (I know they're not out yet, but I just wanted to know before they are available to purchase worldwide.) Thank you for your time, and if this is in the wrong place please move this post to the approriate area. Have a nice day.

• neil8310
    replied
    search "go gameoutlet" on facebook, his prices are pretty good

Leave a comment:

• lone_ranger
    replied
    I've sworn never to use Steam anymore. Those guys wouldn't let me play some games until after I've updated them, with some updates being on the order of 2-3 Gigs. Take Shogun 2, for instance. The recent one in March required a 2.5 gig update. Complete wankers! Yeah sure you can play offline, but even playing for the first time requires a massive update. No, thanks! With my Internet connection speed I'd only be able to play Shogun 2 in the year 2056. The urge to download a torrent is great, but I shall resist!
    Last edited by lone_ranger; 22-07-11, 11:41.

Leave a comment:

• joelx
    replied
    you could always get computer games from Steam like I do, try to get the daily deals for insane discount on great titles!

http://store.steampowered.com/
    Last edited by joelx; 20-07-11, 12:01. Reason: misspelled a word

Leave a comment:

• mike ariteus
    replied
    ok Sir.... nice to helping people... cheers

Leave a comment:

• lone_ranger
    replied
    Thanks I think I will try software boutique POINS square this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• mike ariteus
    replied
    try harco mangga dua .. at floor 4 or 5 there is small shop who sell original copy of dvd games for ps3, and computer game .. or just browsing

1. http://www.kaskus.us/showthread.php?t=1813779
    2. http://www.indosoftwareboutique.com/

hope can help...tq

Leave a comment:

• lone_ranger
    replied
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread but has anyone found any other legit game shops that can be added to the list? I am thinking of getting Crysis 2 but couldn't find an original copy in M2M recently (or maybe I didn't try hard enough). Will try POINS square today.

Leave a comment:

• Mas Fernando
    replied
    If the OP or anyone are still looking, the easiest and most complete original game shops in Jakarta, I found, so far are 2:

1) Software Boutique
    They have 2 branches: Mangga Dua Mall top floor and Poins Square. I've only been to the one at Mangga Dua but from what I have seen, they have a good selection of original games. I bought my copy of Dragon Age Origins Collectors Ed there and it's quite a damn cheaper (for an original limited edition) compared to prices in Singapore and Australia

2) Level Up Shop
    I can't remember the exact location but it's close to Strawberry Cafe in South Jakarta. They sell many original PS3 games and accessories. Bought my Street Fighter IV and Infamous from this shop. In general, I find the prices for PS3 games at this shop to be cheaper than the Mangga Dua store above.

Hope that helps

Leave a comment:

• beebop
    replied
    Geez! I saw resident evil 5 being played by a group of kids in the mall. Its hot!! Thinking to get a ps3 one of these days. Second hand seems to be the way to go. if you look at the kaskus website, there are groups of people who rotate ps3 games all the time and do a bit of swapping as well as selling.

Leave a comment:

• entlife79
    replied
    Yap. PS3 must be original as far as I know.....
    I tend to buy second hand PS3 games in SG. Cheaper.

Leave a comment:

• beebop
    replied
    I just got a ps2 the other day. Have lots of "catching up" to do before i bother getting a 360 or ps3. Been enjoying the god of war series very much!

Leave a comment:

• kingwilly
    replied
    GTA4 is ok, but the movement gives me a migraine if i play it for long.

Leave a comment:

• paper.rockscissor!
    replied
    Unfortunately I own PS3
    and that such a tragedy.....
    I played GTA4, Saint Row2, heavenly sword, ridge racer.

I own PS2 and it rocks. Do you play bully game? that thing rocks

Leave a comment:

• kingwilly
    replied
    Originally posted by paper.rockscissor! View Post
    dont buy a ps3
    buy xbox 360 instead
    yup. 360 rocks.

what games you play?

I've finished Fallout 3, and still having fun playing Assassin.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X