Announcement

Collapse

Forum Software Migration (2nd Update)

As you may have noticed, the forum software has undergone a bit of a facelift. We've migrated from vBulletin4 to vBulletin5.2.2. As with all software major updates, there will undoubtedly be a few hiccups. As with all software upgrades, vBulletin has made changes in how their software works, so there may be a bit of a learning curve as you re-orient yourself to their changed environment.

We have worked through the initial hiccups that were reported. If you experience additional issues, please pm them to wm and we'll work through them. Thanks for your patience!

Regards,
paman and wm
See more
See less

Where to buy legit copies of computer games in Jakarta.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy legit copies of computer games in Jakarta.

Hello how is everyone today? I was wondering if there is any place in Jakarta where I could buy the latest computer games (the actual legit copies, not the pirated ones since I am slightly paranoid to install pirated games due to potental chance to catching viruses and stuff.) If there isn't any actual place to buy them at, are there any web sites I could go to so I can order, and ship them to Indonesia?

In case your wondering which computer games I am looking to buy, they are Spore and Warhammer age of reckoning (I know they're not out yet, but I just wanted to know before they are available to purchase worldwide.) Thank you for your time, and if this is in the wrong place please move this post to the approriate area. Have a nice day.

You can buy it in Mangga Dua Mall.

Comment

is there any PS3 copy in Jakarta?
      The Indonesian Sensations

Comment

^ yah dong

Comment

aw..where is it? orgy so damn expensive

Comment

han ... si sam want PS 3 for 7th bday presents. If i buy the PS, can it play the copy right away or do i have to do something with the PS3 console?

Comment

Originally posted by novita77 View Post
              han ... si sam want PS 3 for 7th bday presents. If i buy the PS, can it play the copy right away or do i have to do something with the PS3 console?

If you buy the game here, should be ok to play copies, but if you buy it from overseas, you will need to get it 'modded' or 'chipped' before it can play copied games...

will take about 100K and maybe an hour or so.

Comment

kingwilly ok i'm not a hightech person and dont know how to chipped it or modded it..but haven't tell me where can i find the copy? i'll give a try

Comment

Originally posted by honey View Post
                  kingwilly ok i'm not a hightech person and dont know how to chipped it or modded it..but haven't tell me where can i find the copy? i'll give a try
                  Copies of games are everywhere... stalls in most malls like ITC or Ratu Plaza will have them.

To get it chipped or modded just ask staff selling games.

Comment

I really don't think that you can get a PS3 copied games yet in Indonesia because they are in Blue-Ray Disc format we have surveyed in Mangga Due, Glodok, Mal Ambassador, Etc. with NO LUCK at all. Most of the shops informed us thet there is NO pirated Blue-Ray's available in Indonesia YET...

My hubby is also a game mania and he bought those PS3 Original Blue-Ray Disc for about Rp.350'000 - Rp.400'000,- depending on titles.

Besides that you can also watch Blue-Ray movies on the the console and that is a BIG plus for it as it costed Rp.4 million for the console...

My 2 cents..
                    Last edited by tania; 16-10-08, 16:38.

Comment

you could find it at glodok or mangga dua mall

Comment

Originally posted by alfdwihan View Post
                        you could find it at glodok or mangga dua mall
                        Find Blue-Ray Discs in Mangga Dua mall ? You can try your luck, cause, me and hubby just went there on Sunday and they didn't have any Blu-Ray Discs. Oh yes, those movies they sell using Blue-Ray logo's are actually DVD's and not Blue-Rays...

Comment

Original Question

Sorry to interrupt, but i guess this thread was started by someone asking where to buy orginal pc games, correct? Frankly, it's so hard to find one (especially new titles) in jakarta. But the best chance is, should there be another computer expo at JHCC/Jakarta Hilton Convention Center, go there. If you're willing to scan the whole convention area dilligently (really exhausting), with luck, you'll usually find one or more original pc games vendors.

About original songs and movies in cd and dvd, just go to shops like disc tarra, society, or gramedia at the malls. Sometimes they have one or two titles in blue ray.
                          http://blade-soullegion.blogspot.com/
                          http://tokokenshop.blogspot.com/
                          http://kerjaandipa.blogspot.com/

Comment

[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]I’m not sure about games, but I bought an original Windows XP as I was annoyed with the extra things I had to do, like never be able to download all updates as some where the malicious software removal programs and they would stuff up my computer, I am pretty illiterate when it comes to programming and lazy, I just want the thing to work. Can’t be happier now, paid the extra bucks and it is all hassle free. Though I should have listened to my gf when she said that if I installed this new XP everything would be wiped, like iTunes etc, No they wont I said, what do know she was right, ha ha. [/FONT][/SIZE]
                            [SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]I have bought copy games and they have been ok generally, it will come with a number to key in to fool the computer it is an original game. Give Gramedia a go for original stuff but I’m not sure if you can get games there, maybe just office stuff.[/FONT][/SIZE]

Comment

I have been having difficulty finding original dvd movies. First i bought the out rite fakes and was shocked about how pathetic the quality was. Then i bought a couple "originals" from carrefour that came with a police stamp type thing on them declaring it to be original, but just found them to be exactly as bad quality as the fakes. My last efforts were to try rent from a dvd rental store which had a big sign saying that they rent out original dvds, only to find it was fake again and had those police stickers on them. There is nothing more irritating than watching a bad quality dvd. They could atleast try make better. There is software out there capable of making perfect reproductions but they still pushing out crap.
                              Same goes for ps2 games. There are dual layer games that simply get edited to fit on a single layer disk which now has lost all the movie cut scenes, leaving you lost about whats happening. Other games have glitches too and are probably downloaded from internet.
                              To top it all off, originals are near impossible to find because of all the asses pushing out the fakes in the masses.
                              Last edited by beebop; 02-09-09, 01:23.

Comment

Working...
                              X