Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• El_Goretto
    replied
    Finally! Focus peaking is coming to the OM-D E-M5: http://www.43rumors.com/peaking-mode...n-on-the-e-m5/

Also, a new firmware was released yesterday and OM-D E-M10 was released. It's like a baby em5 with built in flash, wi-fi and processor of the em1 but with 3 axis stabilisation only.

Leave a comment:

• jstar
    replied
    Originally posted by sergei View Post
    Looks like I'll be getting myself E-P5 while in Japan. Kit with 14-42 lens and viewfinder is 105,500 JPY, and Yodobashi offers 5% tax rebate on items over 10,000 yen.
    It took quite some time (months in fact) but finally they posted a review:
    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/olympus-pen-e-p5/

Rather controversial, esp. on the blurred images / shaking found in their tests; many owners proclaim they have no issues whatsoever. No reaction of Olympus (yet).

And there was a hot rumor of a €300 price drop in Germany, now you could allegedly buy it for €800. Well, no way to get it for that amount.

Leave a comment:

• rabbit_39
    replied
    Good good good. Next year may be the year I buy a new camera yet. My last new camera purchase was a Nikon D50. Though I did buy a used pacemaker speed graphic in 4"x5"

Leave a comment:

• jstar
    replied
    Ah yes, I heard something about this NEX-9. Announcement on 18 October.

There is also a successor foreseen of the Fuji X-E1, probably the X-E2 or X-E1S. It has quite an impact on the sales price of the X-E1. More news on 18 October as well.

Leave a comment:

• El_Goretto
    replied
    Some new info coming up soon on 3 new cameras:

- Panasonic GM1 which is supposed to be a very compact m43 with a sort of hybrid electronic and mechanical shutter.
    - 2 full frame Nex cameras with a design inspired from the OM-D with the protruding electronic viewfinder in the center (due to the recent Sony/Olympus partnership). Won't come cheap... Rumors say they will start at $2k.

Leave a comment:

• sergei
    replied
    Originally posted by jstar View Post
    But I haven't seen that lens in a kit (yet); it seems they only offer the 17mm and the 14-42mm in combination with the E-P5 body and the VF-4 viewfinder.
    Yeah, same here. I'm buying the 14-42 lens. Will get another lens some other time someplace else.

Leave a comment:

• jstar
    replied
    But I haven't seen that lens in a kit (yet); it seems they only offer the 17mm and the 14-42mm in combination with the E-P5 body and the VF-4 viewfinder.

Leave a comment:

• wisnupurwanto
    replied
    for the kit lens - I'll choose 12-50mm - it's better quality, dust and splashproof, wider, macro feature - and, not sure with E-P5, with OMD I can control the focal lenght 12mm or 50mm with single Fn button; very usefull for underwater as you don't special zoom gear.

Leave a comment:

• jstar
    replied
    Very good price. Cheapest E-P5 in Europe is[COLOR=#333333] 1200 EUR for that same kit. So after all VAT refunds etc. that would make a difference of 210 EUR (=290 USD =3,3mio IDR).[/COLOR]

Leave a comment:

• sergei
    replied
    Looks like I'll be getting myself E-P5 while in Japan. Kit with 14-42 lens and viewfinder is 105,500 JPY, and Yodobashi offers 5% tax rebate on items over 10,000 yen.

Leave a comment:

• El_Goretto
    replied
    I've read about the superb customize-ability of Olympus controls and about the Q-menu. Both are very attractive to me. I couldn't find the Q-menu on OM-D, but I had only a little time to play with it and salesman was no help (he was bent on pushing the X-M1 on me). The default OM-D menu was too verbose and not as fast to use as Fuji's, though I imagine Olympus's Q-menu on a touch screen will leave Fuji's in the dust.
    The Super Control Panel exists on the OM-D as well but needs to be activated in the menu first. Once it is, it's always on.

Leave a comment:

• sergei
    replied
    Originally posted by jstar View Post
    Hmm, forgot to ask a friend who went to COMEX. That could have been an option.
    http://www.comexshow.com.sg/

If I look at reviews etc. in the Singaporean press, it seems to me the camera will not be widely available before October.
    In Japan they are expected mid September, but prices are higher than I'd like.

Leave a comment:

• sergei
    replied
    Originally posted by El_Goretto View Post
    One of the signature features of the Olympus cameras is the ability to customize button functions, so it might make up for a menu that you don't like too much.

Have you played with the quick touch settings on the PEN (called Super Control Panel)? I'm not sure if it was activated on the camera you played with because I know it is not activated by default on the OM-D.

The menu shows up on the display at the back as an overlay with or without live view. See an image below:

Tap a setting and scroll the wheel to change it.
    I've read about the superb customize-ability of Olympus controls and about the Q-menu. Both are very attractive to me. I couldn't find the Q-menu on OM-D, but I had only a little time to play with it and salesman was no help (he was bent on pushing the X-M1 on me). The default OM-D menu was too verbose and not as fast to use as Fuji's, though I imagine Olympus's Q-menu on a touch screen will leave Fuji's in the dust.

Leave a comment:

• El_Goretto
    replied
    Yesterday I had a chance to play with X-M1, X-E1 and OM-D at the Electronic City in PIM. I definitely like the OM-D build better than X-M1, though I like the way menus are setup on X-*1 series. I'm lacking the viewfinder on M1 and WiFi on E1, though. Seems like I might end up choosing E-P5 after all.
    One of the signature features of the Olympus cameras is the ability to customize button functions, so it might make up for a menu that you don't like too much.

Have you played with the quick touch settings on the PEN (called Super Control Panel)? I'm not sure if it was activated on the camera you played with because I know it is not activated by default on the OM-D.

The menu shows up on the display at the back as an overlay with or without live view. See an image below:

Tap a setting and scroll the wheel to change it.

Leave a comment:

• jstar
    replied
    Hmm, forgot to ask a friend who went to COMEX. That could have been an option.
    http://www.comexshow.com.sg/

If I look at reviews etc. in the Singaporean press, it seems to me the camera will not be widely available before October.
    Last edited by jstar; 15-09-13, 11:56. Reason: just heard they were not even there...?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X