2nd Camera - micro four thirds?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bow chicka wow wow View Post
    thanks for this, jstar. i'm quite disappointed to see the comparison side by side as i was quite enthralled by the v1.
    About the v1, I played around with it in SG last week and even though it looks good, I think it lacks in control knobs.

Comment

Yep, then I think it makes sense to take one step up or down.

About taking a step down, then these cameras (which have been mentioned before) come into play:
      Canon Powershot S100, Fujifilm X10, Olympus XZ1, Nikon Coolpix P7100, Panasonic Lumix-DMC LX5.

Ideal cameras if you want to spend $450-$500.

A good site to compare: http://snapsort.com/compare

[FONT=arial black]
      [/FONT]

Comment

If you consider to stedown, I can recommend XZ-1. I bought one for my younger daughter early of this year. Small nice camera with raw capability, bright lens good enough for bokeh and low light, AF is reasonbly fast though not as fast 4/3 second generation. Look at her blog to view few of her shots, mostly underwater http://melati-wisnu.blogspot.com or I wrote short write=up about this camera in this forum (in bahasa) http://www.fotografer.net/isi/forum/...?id=3194469962 where you'll find experienced use this camera for studio with amazing result.

Comment

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG! Leaked pictures of the upcoming "range finder style" interchangeable lens camera from Fujifilm!

I am so buying this!

Comment

EG: sell me the X100 for half price ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by rabbit_39 View Post
              EG: sell me the X100 for half price ;-)
              Haha, my X100's value has already doubled! When I'll be famous, it will be worth tens of thousands of dollars!

Comment

Seems like more details are being leaked about the new aforementioned Fujifilm camera (Fujifilm LX). Apparently they've developed a new APS-C size "organic" sensor which supposedly offers better low light performance than current full frame sensors and will be included in their new Fujifilm LX!

More info here.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Goretto View Post
                  Seems like more details are being leaked about the new aforementioned Fujifilm camera (Fujifilm LX). Apparently they've developed a new APS-C size "organic" sensor which supposedly offers better low light performance than current full frame sensors and will be included in their new Fujifilm LX!

More info here.
                  i'm definitely going to wait now before i get my next camera. thanks for the update!

Comment

So Panasonic in December and LX when? Ah yes, the NEX-3 has improved model, the C. Might be good alternative for those who want low(er) cost solution now
                    [FONT=arial black]
                    [/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by jstar View Post
                      So Panasonic in December and LX when? Ah yes, the NEX-3 has improved model, the C. Might be good alternative for those who want low(er) cost solution now
                      The LX is rumored to come out in February.

But that's the thing, there is always a new and better camera just around the corner (same with phone, laptops and other short life cycle products), so if you keep waiting for the next one, you'll never buy any! :P I'd still wait for the LX though...

Comment

Just need a compact APS-C (or larger) camera...that's all I want... <sigh>
                        Well, one that does manual exposures fairly well too
                        And interchangeable lens is nice but not necessary
                        Bright lens is a must too, I forgot
                        Good image quality of course
                        Optical VF is tops on the list but not necessary
                        Small size is a must
                        damn...I guess I'm pickier than I thought.

Comment

How about that?

Unfortunately, it's only a concept...

Source: Petapixel
                          Attached Files

Comment

On DPREVIEW there is a test on the Olympus PEN Mini (E-PM1). It's pretty small and gets a good review.

And Ricoh announced a 24-85 mm 16 Mp APS-C module for the GXR early 2012.

[FONT=arial black]
                            [/FONT]

Comment

about time...

[SIZE=3][FONT=arial]Sony USA has said the NEX-7 will begin to ship this month to some customers who pre-ordered it, following a halt in production caused by flooding in Thailand in October. Production is still limited but the company says it will 'aggressively pursue all efforts to restore full capacity' for the NEX-7 and other affected models (which is thought to include the NEX-5N, A65 and A77).[/FONT][/SIZE]
                              Also some news on a new NEX lens, quite impressive: 23mm F1.7

Hong Kong-based lens maker SLR Magic has announced a 23mm F1.7 lens for Sony NEX cameras as part of its 'HyperPrime' range. The E-mount lens offers a 35mm equivalent field-of-view and a minimum focus distance of 0.15m to offer a good degree of control over depth-of-field. It becomes the company's forth E-mount lens (in addition to the recently announced 35mm F1.7, 50mm F0.95 and 28mm F2.8), which it claims it is the fastest APS-C lens of this focal length.

And smart marketing: The company is seeking volunteers to provide feedback, who will be able to buy the lens at a discounted price.
                              Last edited by jstar; 11-12-11, 01:07.
                              [FONT=arial black]
                              [/FONT]

Comment

Had a look in Spore again: I found only one NEX-5N at an absurd price, there was no stock (Thailand flooding). No sign of the NEX-7.

No word on the new Panasonic either. It's all rather quiet on the eastern front.

The Samsung NX200 was quite impressive, tried it out. However, it has no viewfinder (yet?). And don't want to look at a tv when shooting pics.
                                [FONT=arial black]
                                [/FONT]

Comment

Working...
                                X