2nd Camera - micro four thirds?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sergei View Post
    I've read about the superb customize-ability of Olympus controls and about the Q-menu. Both are very attractive to me. I couldn't find the Q-menu on OM-D, but I had only a little time to play with it and salesman was no help (he was bent on pushing the X-M1 on me). The default OM-D menu was too verbose and not as fast to use as Fuji's, though I imagine Olympus's Q-menu on a touch screen will leave Fuji's in the dust.
    The Super Control Panel exists on the OM-D as well but needs to be activated in the menu first. Once it is, it's always on.

Comment

• Looks like I'll be getting myself E-P5 while in Japan. Kit with 14-42 lens and viewfinder is 105,500 JPY, and Yodobashi offers 5% tax rebate on items over 10,000 yen.
      Sergei - Your friendly neighborhood IT consultant.

Comment

• Very good price. Cheapest E-P5 in Europe is[COLOR=#333333] 1200 EUR for that same kit. So after all VAT refunds etc. that would make a difference of 210 EUR (=290 USD =3,3mio IDR).[/COLOR]
        [FONT=arial black]
        [/FONT]

Comment

• for the kit lens - I'll choose 12-50mm - it's better quality, dust and splashproof, wider, macro feature - and, not sure with E-P5, with OMD I can control the focal lenght 12mm or 50mm with single Fn button; very usefull for underwater as you don't special zoom gear.

Comment

• But I haven't seen that lens in a kit (yet); it seems they only offer the 17mm and the 14-42mm in combination with the E-P5 body and the VF-4 viewfinder.
            [FONT=arial black]
            [/FONT]

Comment

• Originally posted by jstar View Post
              But I haven't seen that lens in a kit (yet); it seems they only offer the 17mm and the 14-42mm in combination with the E-P5 body and the VF-4 viewfinder.
              Yeah, same here. I'm buying the 14-42 lens. Will get another lens some other time someplace else.
              Sergei - Your friendly neighborhood IT consultant.

Comment

• Some new info coming up soon on 3 new cameras:

- Panasonic GM1 which is supposed to be a very compact m43 with a sort of hybrid electronic and mechanical shutter.
                - 2 full frame Nex cameras with a design inspired from the OM-D with the protruding electronic viewfinder in the center (due to the recent Sony/Olympus partnership). Won't come cheap... Rumors say they will start at $2k.

Comment

• Ah yes, I heard something about this NEX-9. Announcement on 18 October.

There is also a successor foreseen of the Fuji X-E1, probably the X-E2 or X-E1S. It has quite an impact on the sales price of the X-E1. More news on 18 October as well.
                  [FONT=arial black]
                  [/FONT]

Comment

• Good good good. Next year may be the year I buy a new camera yet. My last new camera purchase was a Nikon D50. Though I did buy a used pacemaker speed graphic in 4"x5"

Comment

• Originally posted by sergei View Post
                      Looks like I'll be getting myself E-P5 while in Japan. Kit with 14-42 lens and viewfinder is 105,500 JPY, and Yodobashi offers 5% tax rebate on items over 10,000 yen.
                      It took quite some time (months in fact) but finally they posted a review:
                      http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/olympus-pen-e-p5/

Rather controversial, esp. on the blurred images / shaking found in their tests; many owners proclaim they have no issues whatsoever. No reaction of Olympus (yet).

And there was a hot rumor of a €300 price drop in Germany, now you could allegedly buy it for €800. Well, no way to get it for that amount.
                      [FONT=arial black]
                      [/FONT]

Comment

• Finally! Focus peaking is coming to the OM-D E-M5: http://www.43rumors.com/peaking-mode...n-on-the-e-m5/

Also, a new firmware was released yesterday and OM-D E-M10 was released. It's like a baby em5 with built in flash, wi-fi and processor of the em1 but with 3 axis stabilisation only.

Comment

Working...
                        X