2nd Camera - micro four thirds?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jstar View Post
    But I saw that the black version of that lens is a more expensive 'special edition'? Weird.

Anyway, it seems the OM-D has a real competitor now (besides the NEX-6 I guess):

And it's a FujiFilm again.

Must say it's a beauty too. But not the black version.
    Yeah hopefully the new firmware on the Fujifilm X system will make the autofocus and manual focus usable.

Comment

• How excited am I! Some hacker has been playing around with the OM-D and has found out that there is a built-in Focus Peaking functionality which for now is locked away. But it's there, and even if it's only a beta version for testing purposes, it does light up some hopes that the function will be implemented in a future firmware release. If the OM-D gets focus peaking, it will definitely be the perfect camera to me.

Check this out: http://www.43rumors.com/olympus-e-m5...king-possible/

Comment

• What boxes does a mirrorless/rangefinder have to tick?

Picture quality and APS-C size sensor of at least equal performance as the sensor on Canon APS-C sensors;
        Focusing speed, tracking and accuracy on par with entry-level DSLR;
        Operation speed (menus, selections, write speed, etc.) on par with entry-level DSLR;
        Good selection of fast primes (f/2 and smaller)
        Good RAW implementation and post-processing support
        Price comparable to an entry-level DSLR.
        Low light focusing down to at least -3EV

So, which one(s) tick all these boxes?
        Last edited by Hombre de Maiz; 04-01-13, 09:59.

Comment

• I would add:

External Viewfinder
          Availability of high quality lenses
          Size and weight
          Battery life

And perhaps: video and wifi capabilities
          [FONT=arial black]
          [/FONT]

Comment

• New PEN top model, more retro and similar to the PEN F from 1963....

Nice, I know some(one) who would like that one.

http://www.olympuspen.com/?olycmp=penglbm

[FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
            [COLOR=#DDDDD1][FONT=Arial]
            [/FONT][/COLOR]

Last edited by jstar; 14-05-13, 22:47. Reason: Added pics
            [FONT=arial black]
            [/FONT]

Comment

• Yeah it's pretty cool. Especially the focus peaking and the new external viewfinder. But I read that an om-d e-m6 is coming in September integrating the same viewfinder

Comment

• Indeed pretty cool - sony touch is visible.
                but the title of this topic is "2nd camera - micro four third?" Not "3rd micro four third camera?"

Comment

• i like the olympus.. either E-PL 3 or E-PL 5... they all have interchanging lenses and have great quality...

Comment

• Nikon lying at home Idle

Originally posted by wisnupurwanto View Post
                    Indeed pretty cool - sony touch is visible.
                    but the title of this topic is "2nd camera - micro four third?" Not "3rd micro four third camera?"
                    I'm getting more and more convinced a high end mirrorless camera as we discussed here before, is perfectly capable of replacing almost any DSLR. So then everything moves up.
                    [FONT=arial black]
                    [/FONT]

Comment

• I still can't do with less than APS-C sized sensors for large aperture photos.

Comment

• It's getting serious:[COLOR=#FFFFFF][FONT=Tahoma]
                        Voigtländer Nokton 42.5mm F0.95[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#666666][FONT=Arial]F0.95 high speed lens now also in portrait focal length for MFT-cameras[/FONT][/COLOR]
                        [COLOR=#666666][FONT=Arial]Voigtländer lovers will be delighted – Nokton F0.95 will be also available approximately in summer 2013 for the admired portrait focal length of 42.5mm and is therefore the third model in line of Voigtländer MFT-lenses.[/FONT][/COLOR]
                        [COLOR=#666666][FONT=Arial]Like its sister models (MFT Nokton F0.95/17.5mm and 25mm) the new lens most of all features an outstanding bokeh. Especially for portrait photography this scope for design is of peculiar charm. If one has worked with the possibilities of open aperture, does not want to miss it anymore. The thereby achieved minor depth of focus allows also to set unusual emphases in a scene.[/FONT][/COLOR]
                        [COLOR=#666666][FONT=Arial]As a matter of course the new lens also has the selective aperture control system. This will enthuse especially filmmakers, who like to use a soundless and stepless aperture setting.[/FONT][/COLOR]
                        [COLOR=#666666][FONT=Arial]First delivery approximately in July 2013[/FONT][/COLOR]
                        [FONT=arial black]
                        [/FONT]

Comment

• I'm thinking of buying a new camera as well. I want relatively small (to DSLR size) mirror-less camera with a large sensor, preferably in rangefinder style. Any new favorites other than OM-D?
                          Sergei - Your friendly neighborhood IT consultant.

Comment

• The new Panasonic GX7 seems to be a serious OM-D or NEX-7 contender.

Love the viewfinder setup btw.

[FONT=arial black]
                            [/FONT]

Comment

• And Fujifilm keeps on introducing new models. Here is the X-M1, a camera which follows the current retro trend:

Last edited by jstar; 16-08-13, 00:26. Reason: It's an APS-C of course
                              [FONT=arial black]
                              [/FONT]

Comment

• The Fujifilm will be more of a competitor for the Olympus PEN and the Sony NEX-5. It does not offer a viewfinder (option).

Some other news: there are rumors Nikon might revamp the 1 range or even abandon it all together. Wasn't really a good alternative in this segment anyway, not surprisingly the sales were disappointing.
                                [FONT=arial black]
                                [/FONT]

Comment

Working...
                                X