No announcement yet.

2nd Camera - micro four thirds?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Like Wisnu said, maybe you had something on auto, maybe white balance or one of the modes other than M? That's all I can think of.

Are you able to reproduce this?

Comment

• Originally posted by fadzhery View Post
      Sorry to just jump in but i think you should try Sony NEX 5N, it's very good in low light

Here is the picture i've taken with it in an concert without flash, no editing beside the watermark...

I cannot see any picture...

Comment

• Originally posted by El_Goretto View Post
        I cannot see any picture...
        well don't know what went wrong but pretty sure i've uploaded the picture and it shows in my screen
        Action or lack of action today cast a long shadow over the future...

Comment

• Now it shows up for some reason. Must have been my Internet connection. Sorry about that.

Comment

Now it shows up for some reason. Must have been my Internet connection. Sorry about that.
            No problem, so what do you think about the NEX 5N?
            Action or lack of action today cast a long shadow over the future...

Comment

• Originally posted by fadzhery View Post
              No problem, so what do you think about the NEX 5N?
              Major factors for me not to choose the Sony, were the shutter speed and lack of high quality lenses. And the optional and non integrated EVF really turned me off.

Of course it's a great camera, very compact (this seems to have been the design priority) and high quality. Aesthetically not very pleasing though (i.e. it's butt ugly), and that brings us to the fact cameras (like cars) are often a choice of the heart and not so much the brain. I would have gone for the Nex 7 btw, its specs are spectacular (haven't really tried it, only in the store).

PS: I don't see the pic you posted either, probably something wrong with the system.
              [FONT=arial black]
              [/FONT]

Comment

• I can see the picture
                [FONT=Verdana]As a stranger give it welcome.
                There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
                Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
                [/FONT]

Comment

• Jstar pretty much summed it up for me I still think that m43 is a superior alternative at this stage thanks to the wide lens selection.

Comment

• Still relating to m4/3, if you are interested here I wrote a short review of various lens for EPL-1 underwater.
                    http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/oly...dome-port.html

Unfortunately, I will not have a chance to use my OM-D for underwater in near future.

Comment

• Got a chance to play around some more with my OM-D in Bali last week.

Here are a few samples:

I am really impressed with how Lightroom is capable of detail recovery in both highlights and shadows. To illustrate this, see the original raw pic straight out of camera for the last photo:

It also performs quite well on the bicycle shot. The frame should be really dark, yet heaps of details are retained.

Also note the very good quality of the Olympus 12mm F2.0.
                      Last edited by El_Goretto; 31-07-12, 15:44.

Comment

• Originally posted by wisnupurwanto View Post
                        Still relating to m4/3, if you are interested here I wrote a short review of various lens for EPL-1 underwater.
                        http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/oly...dome-port.html

Unfortunately, I will not have a chance to use my OM-D for underwater in near future.
                        So you flooded your XZ-1? Oh no...

I suppose you haven't found a casing for the OM-D yet?

Comment

Got a chance to play around some more with my OM-D in Bali last week.

It also performs quite well on the bicycle shot. The frame should be really dark, yet heaps of details are retained.

Looks very good. Yes, the lens does make a difference...

What settings did you use?
                          [FONT=arial black]
                          [/FONT]

Comment

• All shot in RAW

From top to bottom:

- F9 1/250 ISO400
                            - F2 1/4000 ISO400
                            - F2 1/4000 ISO400

There wasn't any reason for me to shoot the tree at f2.0 other than I forgot to change the settings from shooting the bicycle nearby.

Comment

The equivalent of 24mm f/4 on full-frame, right? Nice shots, btw...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hombre de Maiz View Post
                                The equivalent of 24mm f/4 on full-frame, right? Nice shots, btw...
                                Thanks

Yes it is the equivalent to 24mm in focal length. In terms of f-stop it is the same as full frame, as in the same amount of light will come in. So f2 on m4/3 = f2 on FF. However, in terms of depth of field, f2 on m4/3 = f4 on FF.

Comment

Working...
                                X