DSLR or prosumer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSLR or prosumer

I am still contemplating to get a basic DSLR or a prosumer one?
    I like photography, but haven't really do any photography lesson.
    I usually take pictures with my compact cameras.

I am thinking of improving my ability...not by taking class
    but by having a new camera and learn how to use it by myself and with the help of some photography forums.

Should I go and buy prosumer or basic DSLR?
    Why?

Thanks

Prosumer.

Even when you have DSLR, you'll still need prosumer for a reserve camera when traveling, and for events when you dont want to be noticed by bulky camera in your hand. Once you master the prosumer, it's not difficult to switch to DSLR.

Comment

Thanks mbak.....

Any idea what kind of prosumer is good? What brand? What type?
      I was thinking of C11 or C12

Comment

I just bought Panasonic Lumix LX3.. not bad ... i think
        [FONT=verdana][FONT=bookman old style]
        [/FONT][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by roti bakar View Post
          Thanks mbak.....

Any idea what kind of prosumer is good? What brand? What type?
          I was thinking of C11 or C12
          I always suggest Canon type A prosumer. I had Canon A 620 (purchased it 4 years ago), but I believe it's not produced anymore. I dont know what new prosumer from Canon now. You can ask fellows in kamera-digital.com forum, they are helpful. Good luck!
          Last edited by Kuntarini; 12-03-11, 13:15.

Comment

I went the trade-up route when I started in photography. The fact is that if you are really interested, devote time to shooting and learning, and have half a brain, you will outgrow a so-called "prosumer" camera in a couple of months. Go DSLR. Push yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by roti bakar View Post
              I usually take pictures with my compact cameras.

Should I go and buy prosumer or basic DSLR?
              Why?

Thanks
              Is there M or at least P feature in your compact camera?
              If yes, then you dont need prosumer as a reserve camera. Yours now is enough. Then, you can proceed to buy DSLR.

Now I second to you, Hombre!

Comment

Originally posted by Hombre de Maiz View Post
                I went the trade-up route when I started in photography. The fact is that if you are really interested, devote time to shooting and learning, and have half a brain, you will outgrow a so-called "prosumer" camera in a couple of months. Go DSLR. Push yourself.
                Did you learn it yourself? or did someone actually become your kinda tutor?
                I'm really interested....but to devote time to shooting and learning exclusively won't happen I guess....I think I will devote myself to that on weekend.
                Have half a brain.....hmmm....not sure either, though I can say that my brain works a bit faster sometimes than people around me....

i'm thinking if I outgrow the prosumer camera....I will give it to my husband

Comment

Originally posted by Kuntarini View Post
                  Is there M or at least P feature in your compact camera?
                  If yes, then you dont need prosumer as a reserve camera. Yours now is enough. Then, you can proceed to buy DSLR.

Now I second to you, Hombre!
                  NO Mbak, the P is only Program and the M is only Menu
                  and .....I tried to use DSLR and all I got are blurry pics....that's why I'm thinking that prosumer is better to start
                  I don't mind outgrow it in couple of weeks...but I don't think I have the confidence yet

Comment

If your goal is to learn photography, don't waste time on prosumer. Buy good entry level DSLR and read the thick manual that comes with it. You will learn most of the photography basics from there, for everything else there are hundreds, if not thousands, excellent photography blogs on the web.
                    Sergei - Your friendly neighborhood IT consultant.

Comment

I learnt it myself...

If you got blurry pictures, my first thought is that your shutter speed is too slow. How do you increase the shutter speed while holding the exposure constant? Increase the aperture (i.e. decrease the lens f/stop). Increasing/decreasing one f/stop is the same as halving/doubling the shutter speed. These are the techy things that you will need to learn and handle as second nature when learning photography.

Comment

Originally posted by Hombre de Maiz View Post
                        I learnt it myself...

If you got blurry pictures, my first thought is that your shutter speed is too slow. How do you increase the shutter speed while holding the exposure constant? Increase the aperture (i.e. decrease the lens f/stop). Increasing/decreasing one f/stop is the same as halving/doubling the shutter speed. These are the techy things that you will need to learn and handle as second nature when learning photography.
                        Got it....will try again...if i get the confidence I'll buy DSLR

Comment

Join this forum, Roti Bakar..... http://www.kamera-digital.com/forum/

The forum is much friendlier and helpful than the other photography forums. There are also hunting & meeting sessions where members shares their knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuntarini View Post
                            Join this forum, Roti Bakar..... http://www.kamera-digital.com/forum/

The forum is much friendlier and helpful than the other photography forums. There are also hunting & meeting sessions where members shares their knowledge.
                            Thanks mbak....will do

Comment

blurry pictures reasons:
                              - out of focus, check the multiple focus points that it's focusing on what you want it to
                              - low shutter speed, you moved. So the whole scene is blurry
                              - low shutter speed, your subject moved

Basic photography covers 3 variables:
                              - shutter speed
                              - aperture
                              - media's sensitivity to light (ISO)

Choose a prosumer that lets you control those things. A good prosumer camera is another tool in your bag, not "less than" your "real" camera.

Comment

Working...
                              X