X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vin.vierge
    replied
    Originally posted by kim& mika View Post
    I am up for this also, I proposed a treasure hunt a few weeks back but there was little interest in it.
    But f enough people then I buy a GPS and join
    niceeeeee, so two of you joined the club

Leave a comment:

• vin.vierge
    replied
    correct! and you got the gps device to help you locating it. care to join jester?

Originally posted by Puspawarna View Post
    Yes, if enough people are interested. But there should be a bunch of us or it won't work. Hopefully more people will show up in this forum saying they are interested.

If there aren't a lot of people yet, we can spread the word and hopefully in the future find enough cachers.

To anyone else reading this, it's fun, really, it is!
    my friend said they can play it even with 6 members but offcourse the merrier the better

Leave a comment:

• K&M
    replied
    I am up for this also, I proposed a treasure hunt a few weeks back but there was little interest in it.
    But f enough people then I buy a GPS and join

Leave a comment:

• TheJester
    replied
    I must admit I was wondering. So, basically a treasure hunt then?

Leave a comment:

• Puspawarna
    replied
    Yes, if enough people are interested. But there should be a bunch of us or it won't work. Hopefully more people will show up in this forum saying they are interested.

If there aren't a lot of people yet, we can spread the word and hopefully in the future find enough cachers.

To anyone else reading this, it's fun, really, it is!

Leave a comment:

• vin.vierge
    replied
    Originally posted by Puspawarna View Post
    Me! Me! I am a geocacher! But all my finds are in Hawaii (my American home) and Egypt (where I lived prior to Jakarta).

At present, I don't geocache in Indonesia because, when I checked last (a couple years ago), this country had virtually no caching activity. Which is nuts, because the possibilities are fantastic.

If people want to start caching here, count me in!

PS - if you already have an i-Phone or an i-Pad, there is no need to acquire a hand-held GPS unit - you already have the technology you need!
    most of my friends play it but they all germany
    they even have a member of a club or more
    maybe we should create a club too what do you think puspawarna?

Leave a comment:

• Puspawarna
    replied
    Me! Me! I am a geocacher! But all my finds are in Hawaii (my American home) and Egypt (where I lived prior to Jakarta).

At present, I don't geocache in Indonesia because, when I checked last (a couple years ago), this country had virtually no caching activity. Which is nuts, because the possibilities are fantastic.

For anyone saying "what the heck is geocaching?" here's an article on it from a magazine I used to edit in Egypt (please note I am not personally responsible for the failure to capitalize the first letter of the article, or any other punctuation atrocities on the website, which was always embarrassing and is now a cobweb site).

http://www.traveltodayarabia.com/art...ArticleID=2601

If people want to start caching here, count me in!

PS - if you already have an i-Phone or an i-Pad, there is no need to acquire a hand-held GPS unit - you already have the technology you need!
    Last edited by Puspawarna; 20-08-10, 12:00.

Leave a comment:

• vin.vierge
    started a topic Geocaching

Geocaching

To all members and webmaster
    Im thinking about starting geocaching as a new hobby
    is there any of you ever play it or in a sort of geocaching club in jakarta maybe?
    thanks in advance
Working...
X