No announcement yet.

Geocaching

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IDK much about geocaching stuff, I'm curious and willing to be involved wth geocaching in Indonesia esp. Jakarta. I will bring my metal detector if it necessary.

Comment

So, is there anyone do geocashing today?

I plan to put one or two caches around Jakarta Pusat and Bintaro..

@hanung665
      It's complicated when a man decide to be a lesbian transgender.

Comment

I haven't chased these in almost a year but I know there is one in Balikpapan that I'll hunt down next month, I'm also going to set two other traditionals for people to 'ride' for, one in around Putussibau and one near Kuala Kulun.

People, if you hunt, do the right thing, log it and leave it or leave something cool in its place !
        Last edited by Roadrunner; 31-01-15, 18:54.
        I drink... therefore I am

Comment

It seem that geocaching is not popular yet here, Roadrunner

@hanung665

Comment

Hah hah, old thread. I don't geocache any more - my son is older now (he loved it when he was 8 or 10 years old), and when my GPS died and I had to get a new one, I never did get the hang of the interface, which was quite different from what I was used to.

But geocaching can be done with a smart phone now, so maybe I'll take it up again at some point.

Comment

Why don't you repair your old GPS, Puspawarna?

@hanung665

Comment

I don't remember - it broke so long ago - but I'm sure that whatever was wrong with it was not fixable at a reasonable cost.

Comment

I used hand held GPS's like Garmin back then but now use my Samsung smart phone with the geocache app and I find it's a better experience (although the temptation to scroll through the log on the app to give you a hint or two is strong sometimes!).

For those that are interested have a look here: https://www.geocaching.com/play
                  I drink... therefore I am

Comment

Working...
                  X