Nespresso Opening in Jakarta...???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nespresso Opening in Jakarta...???

Hi all... I heard that Nespresso are planning to open a boutique in Jakarta at long last... anyone know where / when...???
    Walk quietly and carry a bloody big stick... (Teddy Roosevelt didnt say "bloody" did he?)

There is an older similar thread about purchasing the capsules (Link below), but I have not found any news about a boutique pending opening. As their website says,speaking of Indonesia, "Regretfully, as Nespresso is not yet present in your country through a local subsidiary, our products and services cannot be ordered for delivery to you."

I guess "java" is not a euphemism for coffee at Nespresso.
    Info on restaurant/clubs, recipes, local delicacies, shops selling imported goods, wine and spirits

Comment

Originally posted by waarmstrong View Post
      There is an older similar thread about purchasing the capsules (Link below), but I have not found any news about a boutique pending opening. As their website says,speaking of Indonesia, "Regretfully, as Nespresso is not yet present in your country through a local subsidiary, our products and services cannot be ordered for delivery to you."

I guess "java" is not a euphemism for coffee at Nespresso.
      Thanks for the reply waarmstrong. I had already checked the official Nespresso site and saw the same statement about Nespresso not yet operating in Indonesia and wondered also if they understand the term a "cup of java"...

Reason I posted the question was I heard they are planning to open either in Grand Indonesia or Plaza Indonesia. Out of curiosity I dropped by Plaza Indonesia yesterday and - lo and behold - there is a boarded up shop with "Nespresso opening early January" near the south-east entrance on the ground floor (opposite Longchamp and close to Cork & Screw). In retrospect I should have taken a photo to post here.

Rather odd that there is no mention of this impending opening anywhere on the net that I can find.

Walk quietly and carry a bloody big stick... (Teddy Roosevelt didnt say "bloody" did he?)

Comment

From your avatar's expression, a few more weeks without high octane Nespresso caffeine might be a good thing. Seriously though, following the money leads to the basis of most corporate decisions. Perhaps Nespresso is concerned that Indonesians in sufficient numbers will not be enamored enough with the drink to swallow its high cost. An enterprise failure on Java, of all places, could damage its image.

Comment

Working...
        X