Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYC Pizza (with delivery!) on Jl. Kemang Raya

Hi All,

I just wanted to drop a line and let everyone know that the absolute best pizza place (NYC Pizza) is now open on Jl. Kemang Raya in Kemang, Jakarta Selatan. It's the only genuine NY-style pizzeria in all of Indonesia! If you've been missing real, actual pizza then run (don't walk!) to NYC Pizza today!

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Roboto]NYC Pizza serves only the absolute best, hand-tossed pizza made with the most fresh and highest quality ingredients available. Choose any combination of 18+ meat and vegetable toppings available to deck a hearty medium pizza (12 inch/31 cm) or the hefty large pizza (16 inch/41 cm). [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Roboto]Meat toppings include various Beef, Chicken, and Pork cuts.[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Roboto]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#000000][FONT=Roboto]Alternatively, kick back in-store and enjoy a single slice, a beer from NYC's large selection and the hectic night scene in Kemang. NYC Pizza also offers select sides and wings, and an amazing Caesar salad, best topped with Chicken, Steak and Bacon!

Available for delivery, takeout and in-store dining. Jl. Kemang Raya No 14 Kios G/H, Kemang, Jakarta Selatan. Call for directions, menu specials or for Delivery/Pickup: +62-21-7179-5000. http://www.nycpizza.co.id/

Come in and mention the Living in Indonesia forum and get 10% off all menu items until May 1st, 2015.

(btw -- had problems trying to add images here -- sorry!)[/FONT][/COLOR]

only thing on that webite is the Logo

Comment

I guess authentic pizza no longer is assumed to originate from Italy or, at the very least, on its journey to Kemang it must pass through NY City.

Comment

Originally posted by waarmstrong View Post
        I guess authentic pizza no longer is assumed to originate from Italy or, at the very least, on its journey to Kemang it must pass through NY City.

I would assume it is the same as Authentic Kansas City ribs or Authentic California Sushi it is an Authentic replication of that particular style not of the original item. New York "style" of pizza is very well known.

Comment

You would think so, but there doesn't seem to be much of a standard.

Comment

You would think so, but there doesn't seem to be much of a standard.
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York-style_pizza

Comment

Oh, the Wiki retort -- sighting the usually self servingly composed authority crafted by those with a vested interest. Thanks for the internet insight.

Comment

Oh, the Wiki retort -- sighting the usually self servingly composed authority crafted by those with a vested interest. Thanks for the internet insight.
                Well, that matches with what myself and all of my friends think NYC pizza should be like. I'm just saying that there is a definition and most people that I know subscribe to it.

Comment

I agree with Suriani1, the only thing on that website is the logo.

Its a shame as the pizza sounds delicious and I wanted to look at the menu and prices etc.

Once the website is working I will take a look, and maybe pop in for a pizza next time I am in Jakarta

Comment

Those of us from NY (or the surroundings) know exactly what NY style pizza is. Note the OP said genuine "NY Style" and never claimed to be the most "authentic pizza". Now the main question, is it really authentic "NY Style"...if it is there better be spicy "italian style" (as oposed to probaby more original German style) sausage as a topping......comments welcome from any "uninvested" member that has tried it (and also spent time in NY and knows the style). I for one can't wait to try it - just wish it was in CBD and not so far south.....

Comment

Pizza for Indonesian is Pizza Hut. Other than that is not real pizza.

Comment

Originally posted by tokektokek View Post
                        I agree with Suriani1, the only thing on that website is the logo.

Its a shame as the pizza sounds delicious and I wanted to look at the menu and prices etc.

Once the website is working I will take a look, and maybe pop in for a pizza next time I am in Jakarta
                        https://www.zomato.com/NYC-Pizza

this should sort you out - menu, prices, reviews, decor.

Comment

Hmmm, the reviews are not overwhelming me...if you can't nail the Italian sausage you can't nail the taste of NYC home (at least not for someone that likes a sausage pie - do you source locally, import or make your own?)...plus the oily comment - as soon as you start altering for local tastes you lose the "home" market. Maybe its better for business (and I understand that aspect) since probably not a lot of New Yorkers around -

but then time to change the pitch....

Comment

Originally posted by BAJakarta View Post
                            Hmmm, the reviews are not overwhelming me...if you can't nail the Italian sausage you can't nail the taste of NYC home (at least not for someone that likes a sausage pie - do you source locally, import or make your own?)...plus the oily comment - as soon as you start altering for local tastes you lose the "home" market. Maybe its better for business (and I understand that aspect) since probably not a lot of New Yorkers around -

but then time to change the pitch....
                            Hi BAJakarta, I hope you do get a chance to come in and try the pizza. I don't think you will be disappointed. It is genuine NY-style pizza -- and I don't think you will be able to find a better slice of pie anywhere in Jakarta. One of the most popular toppings on the menu is, indeed, Italian Sausage. It's not overly spicy or overpowering in its flavor, but it does have a great taste to it. I completely agree, it wouldn't be a really NY style pizza place without the Italian Sausage, which is why we went out of our way to find a high quality, Indonesian supplier that could provide a consistent supply.

While there's some unfavorable reviews on Zomato, I think that's due more to Indonesians being familiar with Italian style pizza, and the "cardboard pizza" that Dominos/Pizza Hut serve here, and less to do with NYC Pizza.

We put up the menu on the www.nycpizza.co.id homepage, and some other information. I hope that can satisfy what people are looking for. Please keep in mind that we're a small, simple restaurant, and we don't have a large marketing budget for overly complicated websites. That's also not in line with what our restaurant is -- a simple place where you can relax and catch a slice. I If you'd like to see more pictures of our location in Kemang or of our food before committing to making the journey (ohh, macet!), please checkout our www.twitter.com/nycpizzajakarta or as the previous post pointed out, our listing on Zomato.

This really is a passion project of ours and we're committed to making the absolute best pizza available in Indonesia. I think we've succeeded in doing that -- but maybe I'm wrong -- if so, come out and tell us! Visit us on Jl. Kemang Raya and try the pizza first hand. If you don't like it, contact me (Ken) here and I'll make it right!

Thanks!

Comment

My family and I managed to visit NYC Kemang this last month and unfortunately, we were very disappointed with the NYC Pizza. Our major issues with NYC Pizza are:

First, the eating area was very hot as your air-conditioner was not sufficient to supply cold air to cool down the restaurant. My family was sweating while we were eating our pizza. It was very uncomfortable. I suggest to use roller blinds or window film to block the west direct sun light.

Second, your pizza needs a lot of work. I understand the tomato sauce is home made but the tomato sauce is lacking natural herbs and spices and the zest from the tomato sauce. Not only the pizza dough is very important, but also the tomato sauce is equally important to the pizza. We ordered an extra large Hawaiian pizza today with extra pineapple, cheese, onions and ham and basically the pizza was too much tasteless. The pineapple was not sweet and not too generous with the pineapple and the pizza toppings. We pretty much excepting an overkilled or more generous with the extra topping for a large pizza. I have been eating pizza since childhood, but your other competitor can make a better pizza than NYC Pizza.

Thirdly, your Management, pizza Chef staff needs to know about hygiene. Your staff should be wearing hat/cap and kitchen aprons and disposal gloves while handling food. Unfortunately, we witnessed your Chef using his bare hands making our pizza and wearing street clothes.

Fourth, if your business is called, NYC Pizza shouldn't you have some signature pizza so that your customers will remember or write home about NYC Pizza? You can name probably a dozen pizza dishes and provide pictures for your customers because most of the time customers do not know what to order until they see the photos of the pizza.

The interior design of NYC Pizza is okay. It reminds me of a USA Mexican chain, Chipotle Mexican grill where corrugated metal is used on the walls and the counter table.

We are not sure where is your customer market base. If your market is for students, the price is a little expensive for the students. If your market is for families, you will need to improve the above items.

At any rate, we welcome NYC Pizza to our community and I hope you take our criticism as recommendations to help your business grow and prosper.

Comment

Working...
                              X