Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ideas for a new Coffee Shop?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ideas for a new Coffee Shop?

    Hi..

    Me and my korean friend will start a coffee shop soon, but i guess i'm still lost about where to start since my friend is still in Korea so i need to do this and that alone. So here is the simple idea, i've decided to start a coffee shop and the target is "bule" especially korean. My first question is, where do you think should i look for the right spot? I guess it's around South Jakarta since many bule there^^ and what kind of coffee that you guys mostly like? Maybe you can recomend me some nice coffee shops in Jakarta where i could get some ideas for my own coffee shop. Or if you have any idea or suggestion please do tell me, would love to know your coffee tasting experience in Jakarta, thank you and have a nice day^_^

  • #2
    I think you have a lot of research before you're ready to open a coffee shop with a grain of chance for success. But I'm only basing this on your post above.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by mignonne_indah View Post
      i've decided to start a coffee shop and the target is "bule" especially korean.
      Sorry but you have the completely wrong idea. Business is about money and nothing else, look at opening a good coffee shop and that's it. If Koreans happen to like it there and frequent the joint on a regular basis cool, but if not just be grateful for customers that are willing to spend money. Forget the Korean angle, the last time I went to a Korean restaurant in Bali it was full of everyone except Koreans. Go figure.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by mignonne_indah View Post
        Hi..

        Me and my korean friend will start a coffee shop soon, but i guess i'm still lost about where to start since my friend is still in Korea so i need to do this and that alone. So here is the simple idea, i've decided to start a coffee shop and the target is "bule" especially korean. My first question is, where do you think should i look for the right spot? I guess it's around South Jakarta since many bule there^^ and what kind of coffee that you guys mostly like? Maybe you can recomend me some nice coffee shops in Jakarta where i could get some ideas for my own coffee shop. Or if you have any idea or suggestion please do tell me, would love to know your coffee tasting experience in Jakarta, thank you and have a nice day^_^
        Amsterdam style.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by gerrardtorres View Post
          Amsterdam style.
          Now that is wishful thinking - we could do with an Indonesian branch of the bulldog or the grasshopper - but some how I don't think it would happen.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ScooterIndo View Post
            Now that is wishful thinking - we could do with an Indonesian branch of the bulldog or the grasshopper - but some how I don't think it would happen.
            Perhaps...high expectation? (see what i did there...)

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ScooterIndo View Post
              Now that is wishful thinking - we could do with an Indonesian branch of the bulldog or the grasshopper - but some how I don't think it would happen.
              Wow, those names bring back (some) memories!

              Comment


              • #8
                honestly am confused reading your post .. a major discrepancy makes me confused.
                you want to open a coffee shop, targeting bule esp korean .. that's the same as saying she is wearing a red blue jeans. .. do you know korean is not referred as bule?

                how many korean have you met in south of jakarta?

                the largest korean community is in lippo cikarang, as a lot of korean work in the factories in the area. .. even korean in jakarta visit cikarang to meet their community regularly. the second or third is in kelapa gading... as i know.
                if you aim for expats, then it's a different story
                dont judge a book by it cover. judge it by it price. good books are expensive

                Comment


                • #9
                  Sell kimchi at your coffeeshop might help
                  Lost in Jakarta's trafic jam

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    jakarta is over-saturated with coffee shops. unless you have a niche concept or special coffee beans/brew method, forget it.

                    but here's an idea for you - why don't you open a karaoke coffee and bar lounge, targetting lonely korean wives (whose husbands are busy working, drinking soju and going to ktvs filled with pretty hostesses), ibu ibus and lonely expat females, where we can choose our own lovely male host(s) for the arvo/night, sing to our hearts' contents much to the adoration of gorgeous young men and drink korean coffee or whatever beverage of choice which makes the ladies happy?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by naughtygab View Post
                      honestly am confused reading your post .. a major discrepancy makes me confused.
                      you want to open a coffee shop, targeting bule esp korean .. that's the same as saying she is wearing a red blue jeans. .. do you know korean is not referred as bule?

                      how many korean have you met in south of jakarta?

                      the largest korean community is in lippo cikarang, as a lot of korean work in the factories in the area. .. even korean in jakarta visit cikarang to meet their community regularly. the second or third is in kelapa gading... as i know.
                      if you aim for expats, then it's a different story
                      And gab, kids nowadays refer every foreigners as bule, i was confused too when my staff used that word to describe japanese n chinese
                      Lost in Jakarta's trafic jam

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by topsykretts View Post
                        jakarta is over-saturated with coffee shops. unless you have a niche concept or special coffee beans/brew method, forget it.

                        but here's an idea for you - why don't you open a karaoke coffee and bar lounge, targetting lonely korean wives (whose husbands are busy working, drinking soju and going to ktvs filled with pretty hostesses), ibu ibus and lonely expat females, where we can choose our own lovely male host(s) for the arvo/night, sing to our hearts' contents much to the adoration of gorgeous young men and drink korean coffee or whatever beverage of choice which makes the ladies happy?
                        and sell brondong (sorry...I meant popcorn) too for snacks 'n munchies

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by rabbit_39 View Post
                          I think you have a lot of research before you're ready to open a coffee shop with a grain of chance for success. But I'm only basing this on your post above.
                          Yes..i really need a lot of research, i am now doing some "coffee tasting" experience in many coffee shops here. Thanks anyway^^

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Don't worry too much about the coffee.. Most important the atmosphere and 'the image' of your coffee shop.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by ScooterIndo View Post
                              Sorry but you have the completely wrong idea. Business is about money and nothing else, look at opening a good coffee shop and that's it. If Koreans happen to like it there and frequent the joint on a regular basis cool, but if not just be grateful for customers that are willing to spend money. Forget the Korean angle, the last time I went to a Korean restaurant in Bali it was full of everyone except Koreans. Go figure.
                              Oh yes maybe my first idea was completely wrong, i wrote "korean" before because my investor is korean who doesn't speak english nor bahasa that's why i need a place where many koreans live or hang out. And just telling you that i will open a coffee shop not a restaurant^^. And foreigners that i've met before are mostly koreans so i have no idea about other foreigners. Thanks for your suggestion anyway^^

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X